Skip to main content.

Written By Wylla

June 20, 2018, 11:35 a.m.(1/18/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Sparte

Speaking of which, I announced your idea at the destruction of the Shrine of Jayus! I hope people have contacted you regarding it. For those of you who were not there, Sparte had the wonderful idea of people dedicating building materials at the Shrine to Jayus, if they could not themselves build it. Please contact him or me and we'll keep track of the dedications as the new year progresses.

People seemed to like the idea, I think!

Written By Sparte

June 20, 2018, 11:30 a.m.(1/18/1009 AR)

What is the value of a stone, a prayer, a simple mark on rock?

It is the value it has been given, by those who make it and those who see it. By those who pray, who dream, who believe, and who doubt.

I hope. I am disinclined to believe hope gives any value, but I do it anyway. I wonder why that is? Is isn't quite belief, it isn't quite doubt. Hope is uncertainty without denial of possibility. Hope is potential.

I want these rocks, however small and varied, to have potential. I hope others will want the same.

Written By Fredrik

June 20, 2018, 11:27 a.m.(1/18/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Reigna

From: Desk of Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: Acceptable Lying

Is it ever acceptable? Well, that is a very difficult question, because what is socially acceptable changes throughout history. For example, before a few weeks ago it was socially acceptable for a shaman to work as a Mercy, provided they venerated Lagoma. This is not to comment on the Dominus' edict or it's righteousness, merely to show that what is acceptable changes often, and that includes what it is acceptable to omit or lie about. Without the lie of omission, one is asked to answer challenges, be lambasted in the Whites, or even be persecuted, depending on the strength of that which they hold in different view from the social norm. But while I can waggle my hand at the acceptability of it socially, when it comes to it being /necessary/?

Yes. Sometimes it is absolutely necessary. A lie kept me alive for almost twenty years while my family was hunted down and killed. Whether we deserved it or not is immaterial for this discussion, because the point stands that if I had not lied to the Thrax, and to anyone else that asked during those years? I would have been murdered in a brutal fashion, and most likely my adopted ones and my crew would have been as well. So yes, sometimes it is absolutely necessary, even if not acceptable.

An extreme example, I admit it, but it is the one I have, even if I know almost nobody will have to be put in those extremes and thus it is not relevant to them.

Written By Oswyn

June 20, 2018, 11:24 a.m.(1/18/1009 AR)

I've decided on a project to achieve the rank of Senior Scholar. I have quite a bit of other research to get through before I really begin, but the idea has been approved and that's something.

I'll have to borrow a number of maps to copy. Possibly I can work on the new project while on my journey with Lady Nightgold.

Written By Derovai

June 20, 2018, 11:20 a.m.(1/18/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Quenia

"Especially if your life and the lives of the people surrounding you may be on the line, or the lives of others in general."

I think I'd rearrange those priorities a bit, although I doubt you meant the implication of this arrangement as putting oneself first. In any case: the lives of others in general, then those of people surrounding you, then your own life. Lying to save your own life in advance of lying to save others' strikes me as being somewhat ethically unsound, but lying to save another's may be an extremely ethical deed, depending on the lie itself and the circumstances surrounding it.

Written By Reigna

June 20, 2018, 10:38 a.m.(1/18/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Derovai

I find it boorish that even after you have been told not to speak to me that you insist on pushing the bounds by specifically referring to my whites and then attempt to imply that I am the one who initiated contact. Please stop.

Written By Merek

June 20, 2018, 9:52 a.m.(1/18/1009 AR)

I am recording this as an account of an expedition to Stormwall. We went there to find someone who had been selling anything that he could manage to get people to bring him, to profit from what happened. We found two women in an old shop which was abandoned, and she was rescued by another when I went in to assist as well as the building was in shambles from the battle. It was a simple affair in reality, but I'm glad it was all solved with everyone alright.

Written By Merek

June 20, 2018, 9:44 a.m.(1/18/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Jacali

An Alchemist from the Lowers. I would recommend it (her shop) to those that wish to purchase some good stuff that you can drink.

Written By Merek

June 20, 2018, 9:42 a.m.(1/18/1009 AR)

The cold weather has been nice, it is a bit easier to warm a house than it is to cool it. Still, I like all the seasons. Though a lot has been going on, a lot of things that are good also happen, like the weddings!

Written By Gwenna

June 20, 2018, 8:58 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

While I do not know Lord Arik all that well yet, I am excited to get to work alongside him for House Redrain. If he's half as wonderful as his sister, Lady Khanne, I'm sure we will be fast friends.

Written By Gwenna

June 20, 2018, 8:50 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Marian

For all that she has done for House Redrain and countless others across the city, never mind for me personally, my recording of how grateful I am for Princess Marian is perhaps quite overdue. She is genuinely one of the most selfless people I know who is always willing to teach those who wish to better themselves. It does not seem to matter if those may be in pursuits of the martial - of which she is deservedly renown - or otherwise. Marian cares deeply for people and their circumstances, her heart truly with them whether they be Redrain or not. I've had the honor to accompany her on a few endeavors and see this for myself. For a woman who has known such great tragedies in her time, who might have let her heart be hardened by them, she instead embraces life all the more, I think. Though, perhaps, I get a bit overly poetic and do not mean to be. I think we would be hard-pressed to find someone to equal her knowledge, efficiency, and expertise as a War Chief. Her support of me has been unwavering, whether with advise or just a kind word offering to be there if I might need her, and I'm so grateful to call her both family and friend.

Written By Hadrian

June 20, 2018, 8:25 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Cambria

I knew I forgot to tell her something about one of her uncles.

Written By Quenia

June 20, 2018, 8:15 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Reigna

Is it ever acceptable to lie? I'd say, in some cases, yes. Especially if your life and the lives of the people surrounding you may be on the line, or the lives of others in general.

I learned that lesson the hard way. I told him I was dealing with family issues, that were unavoidable, to delay the wedding until the investigation ended. I suppose you could argue that it was true, it was. But, I still had doubts at that time, and having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that he could have done the things others said he'd done. I wasn't sure, and I felt all the poorly for it. Each single day after that was excruciating. But, then, he lied to me first. And, his lie was was so, so much worse than the one I had to tell. His omission too, when I told him that others had betrayed me in the past, and that I was wary of a relationship. But, I let one foster and grow, and he'd betrayed me as others have.

So, yes. In some cases. I think it is acceptable. But, it doesn't make you feel any better for having done it, or any less a liar, even if it saved lives.

Written By Edward

June 20, 2018, 8:04 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Vanora

The feast was wonderful. Well thought out and well prepared.

Written By Cullen

June 20, 2018, 7:05 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

Truly, some of the most fortuitous events can spring out of some of the most strange occurrences - something I should expect by now.

Written By Arik

June 20, 2018, 3:09 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Eilonwy

Eilonwy Thunderoak a prodigal voice of House Blackwood. She is young but brutal honesty can take a person far. We will see what my newest protege can accomplish. In the oldest of prodigal tradition what one strives for is a mark of character and civility, traits held high by the Compact.

Written By Prisila

June 20, 2018, 2:08 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

The requests in the classifieds are just getting more and more eclectic. I like it.

Written By Derovai

June 20, 2018, 1:55 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Reigna

We're talking now? How very interesting. I hope you've been well, Countess Keaton, and I am flattered that my idle musings have caught your notice. Is that play going well?

Written By Reigna

June 20, 2018, 1:35 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Derovai

I was not aware that I said that they were?

Asking the same question in multiple ways is really only an acceptable tactic if the person you are asking is not understanding. Otherwise one might think that you are trying to influence the answers you receive.

Written By Lys

June 20, 2018, 1 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

I dreamt I stood before a table carved from gleaming stygian. This great table stretched on and on until it was wrapped in shadows. The chairs were carved of the purest iridescite and they sat empty. Yet I stood to the left at the head of the table, pouring wine into a goblet of gold until it overflowed and ran like a river of blood across the shining black surface of the table.

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry