Skip to main content.

Written By Monique

June 19, 2018, 12:34 a.m.(1/15/1009 AR)

A fantastic job done by Princess Katarina this evening! The snow war was a rousing success and my teammates led us to a glorious victory! (Hah! Cullen! Take that!) The Archlector Etienne must have blessed our ice castle because it stood against the other teams. Princess Terese was a fierce leader! But it was Princess Astraea who truly won the day for us. She was a fierce snow maiden!

And then Jamie arrived. Sigh. I don't know that I've ever been so glad to see anyone. /No one/ else may call me Spark, for the record. Not unless they want to face certain doom. His arrival was the sign I was waiting for, I think.

Written By Seth

June 19, 2018, 12:23 a.m.(1/15/1009 AR)

A splendid time was had out in the snow at the Valardin snowfort competition and it was all thanks to Princess Katarina and Princess Alis. It was an honor to join forces with Princesses Astraea and Terese, Lady Monique and Archlector Etienne. Then there was Sir Neb. It was a hard fought victory for our competition was fierce.

Though I'm sure if I sent a missive to my father about the victory, the Chillhearted would merely say that playing in snow is far different from war. And I'm sure that he's right, like always.

Written By Simone

June 19, 2018, 12:22 a.m.(1/15/1009 AR)

The warsnow events were fun! Congratulations to the Bees Knees for winning. And the evening was topped off with the return of Jamie which made me very happy. It was all in all a very pleasant day.

Written By Etienne

June 18, 2018, 11:50 p.m.(1/15/1009 AR)

A splendid Warsnow games,snow-bound fun and excitement, and a stunning victory despite my limited contributions. It was a truly remarkable experience. I can't give enough credit to my teammates including the exceptional efforts of Princess Astraea!

Written By Lisebet

June 18, 2018, 11:47 p.m.(1/15/1009 AR)

Today was the Valardin warsnow games. I ended up on a team with Lord Cullen, Prince Ectorion, Princess Katarina, and Lady Signe. We fought valiantly, but our snow fort ended up looking like cheese with many holes in it. Tasty as a cheese, but alas, not so good as a snow fort. Next time! Congratulations to the Bees Knees, winning team, all the competitors. I had a lot of fun. And now to the baths, before I shiver into a million pieces from the cold.

Written By Eithne

June 18, 2018, 11:20 p.m.(1/15/1009 AR)

I have so many things to be thankful for this new year. We survived our first year as parents. Carson is officially a year old and while I miss her infancy in hindsight, watching her become an independent person in her own right is amazing. She walks (toddles) and she talks (blah blah blah dada, of course), and she knows what she likes and doesn't like.

Ferrando always makes me laugh. There is truly never a dull moment between us. I suppose that is what happens when one gets to spend their free time with the person they consider their best friend.

Then there's Aurora. I am beyond proud of her. She shared some news with me recently and our conversation easily rolled into something profane and hysterical. Can't share things like that with just anyone.

Most recently, my work. Metal craft has been my life. It's in my blood. It's always been a dream of mine to say I am a legend in my field. I can finally say that dream has come true. It wouldn't have been possible to achieve this near impossible goal were it not for my clients who have been loyal and encouraging over the years. They've watched me grow and struggle, they saw me pour blood, sweat, and tears into their armor, knowing I wouldn't give them anything less than excellent work because their safety is paramount. I am thankful and humbled. This LEGENDARY feat is for you.

Written By Fredrik

June 18, 2018, 10:56 p.m.(1/15/1009 AR)

From: Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: unfortunate choices

In my many years of trying to restore my family name and survive to do it, I have many times been dismayed, but this...This may take the top.

I have recently learned that about half of what was once RedTyde lands is in the hands of a Thraxian County under Kennex, which is enough for pause. Obviously, I would never make a move against a legitimate noble family or their holdings under most circumstances, but the fact they hold my ancestral halls as part of their lands makes is cause for...Well as I said, a pause and a bit of the drink. Because of course, they won it by conquest, and Thraxian decree of long ago.

That is not excellent. I have also learned that half of my former lands are Abandoned. Even worse, they are Abandoned who were formally distant relatives of mine, who have gone feral and left the compact to wage a war against the local Kennex county. Not an overly large war, skirmishes and the like, but unfortunately for the county, enough that half my former lands belong to nobody. So to take back that which is mine, I will have to kill, or make bow, former relatives of a sort.

This calls for a drink. Or several. No more planning tonight.

Written By Appolonia

June 18, 2018, 10:14 p.m.(1/15/1009 AR)

Today I met a soldier, a princess, a Whisper, a knight, a lost soul, and a lady.

Each of them left me with a piece of their story and more questions than answers. I look forward to seeking out the answers over the coming months. Between my duties to my House, of course.

It is good to be in Arx.

Written By Oriana

June 18, 2018, 9:34 p.m.(1/15/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Pharamond

For Dodge training, Pharamond, I heartily recommend Grandmaster Caspian. He excels at evasion and the teaching thereof. Though bruises say I still have much to learn.

Written By Victus

June 18, 2018, 8:29 p.m.(1/14/1009 AR)

It's been a few days since we set foot back in Arx. I'm an odd mix of homesick and relieved at the same time. There's a shit-load to talk about, between having walked every step of your home territory and then topping it off with a brand new kid as well. Guess I'm the father of siblings now. Gods, as if Astrid weren't a fucking handful and a half already. I'll get to that though.

We started off in the north and I gotta say that this time of year, it's the place to be. Frost on the ground and hills of snow covering up all the keeps. Fresh, biting air in your lungs. Winter is fucking fantastic and the deeper we went into it, the cozier I got. Can't say much the same of my wife and our travelling companions though, but they kept their lips stiff if it was bothering them any. Respectably stiff.

Tyde. Tyde was awkward. What else could it have been though, with all the preparation and pretty words? Were it bad though? Absolutely not. Duchess Margot puts on a show for all of her visitors and seeing Dagon lug around the Sword of our House was one of them swelling with pride moments. Saw faces new and old, familiar and not. Some were pleased to me more. Some were not. Yet I think it went better than anyone had expected. Steps toward a calmer future.

Got to see Whitefrost and Navegant as well right after. The land of the turtles and the land of always ice. Both had their charm, Navegant having such pride in their crafters and Whitefrost having such elegance to them. I think you'd call it 'elegance' anyhow, their manor was fucking big. I still wonder how Navegant keeps managing to do so much new shit with just turtle shells. You'd think a shell could only go so far, but I had the most egg on my face for that idea.

Grihem's Point. It's a shame that we'd had to arrive on the day of Duchess Grimhall's illness, but the family was there to greet us happily all the same. The heart of Isles tradition has to be seen to be believed, almost like I was setting foot on revered ground. I know full well of course that they probably didn't consecrate every part of the isle, but I sure felt like it. Some folks may not think that a bulky mass of sailor and wizened reavers would also make one of the greatest sounding choirs I've ever heard, but you'd be proper wrong. Sea shanties ain't nothing to fuck with.

Kennex and Stormward itself. Their recent history has been a bloody one, but it was good to see that the heart of their people was still intact. The shipwrights were doing their thing and the storied history of the Kennex line was displayed in full force. They haven't lost their charm, that's for certain. It's a shame that this visit that had to end in tragedy. I did not know the Lady Elara very well myself, but I can see plainly in the moment of her passing the amount of love that girl had garnered. If only every person could be so lucky to have that kind of connection to their loved ones.

Blackshore and Darkwater. These were the more solemn spots of the trip, but not because of their present. Their present in fact looks more hopeful than ever. I wasn't sure what I would see on Blackshore after having been given reports after its cataclysm. Yet the name 'New Hope' for their new, budding city is a damn good one. Their dockyards were fine and their people were in high spirits. Even if much of their home was charred, they're determined to make something new. Darkwater as well, another isle that's been scorched by our conflicts and war. Though the place may be a ghost town compared to its former self, its people are still here. Refuges and new folk who would start their lives there will come flocking. And the Keep where the hero Darrow Darkwater fell still stands strong. That castle ain't going nowhere for a long time.

At last, home. The Maelstrom where I was running through bloody streets since I was small. Finally the opportunity for rest, food and drink. I scarcely wouldn't have thought though that our trip through the fortress would end in finding a fucking city in the mountains. The memories left in that place made themselves known loud and clear to the lot of us while we were down there. I think I can see a little bit clearer now that I've had 'em bumping around in my brain. Things look... Good.

Lastly, Prince Danse. Lil baby boy of blonde hair and plump in the belly. Time to figure out when's appropriate to put a kid on some exercise. Till then though? I'm just so fucking glad this one is a calm little bugger. No screaming late into the evening, no trying to kick me in the chin when they're upset. Just content, like a flowing river. Apparently Valardin is gonna teach him how to ride horses. Heh, now that I'd like to see.

Written By Vanora

June 18, 2018, 8:27 p.m.(1/14/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Katarina

I believe I can make use of your services sometime soon. We'll talk.

Written By Thena

June 18, 2018, 7:56 p.m.(1/14/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Lumen

I heard that too, and have no reason to think it's untrue.

Written By Magnus

June 18, 2018, 7:39 p.m.(1/14/1009 AR)

My arrival to Arx was perhaps ill-timed. No sooner had I reached the city that news of the Dominus' latest decree reached me. Yet I remain optimistic, and have only grown more confident with the welcoming messages I've received that to swear to the Compact was not only the right choice for my people, but also, as I hope to prove in the coming years, the one for the Compact as well.

Now, to work.

Written By Lumen

June 18, 2018, 7:26 p.m.(1/14/1009 AR)

I hear that Master Aleksei does not need to relieve himself at all and never has, but that might just be a rumor.

Written By Snow

June 18, 2018, 7:21 p.m.(1/14/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Aleksei

Today I saw a man today, who would only take water in front of one of the shrines. I hope he doesn't die of the cold. I also hope he has plans on what he should do if he should need to bathe, or relieve himself. Truly curious.

Written By Snow

June 18, 2018, 5:06 p.m.(1/14/1009 AR)

As it is my first day in the city....I will have this man write that I am saddened that my world has changed that people here think I am a barbarian...or some feral creature, that I must change for some group of gods I know so little of. But I will learn, but it is how I will stay here and with family. But I am saddened and I hope that there will be a day when I will be able to lead my people in the rites that we all have grown through, that people will know that I am better for my faith. That I embrace the mountains where I came from, and that it is a part of me. I fear that it will not matter in the end though and that I will be forced to change. But my next life will hold promise as well.

Written By Roran

June 18, 2018, 4:27 p.m.(1/14/1009 AR)

It has been crowded at the Shrine of Limerance. At least Aleksei will not feel lonely during his penance, but I admit that I would /hate/ to have this many people around me at all times. I suppose not having any privacy is an intentional part of it. All in all, people here have not seemed to be too harsh to him.

Written By Katarina

June 18, 2018, 4:26 p.m.(1/14/1009 AR)

I believe I've finally found a niche for myself: event hosting and coordinating. There is something positively infectious about taking someone's vision, even if it is not my own, and translating it into an event or activity to be enjoyed by the crowds or help achieve a humanitarian goal. It certainly helps pass the time when I find myself on extended bouts of shore leave. Should anyone have an activity or event they would like help planning, (not hosting, mind you), I'd be more than happy to lend my services. (Free of charge, of course.)

Written By Adriana

June 18, 2018, 4:14 p.m.(1/14/1009 AR)

Blessed Lagoma, lady of changes, be with me and my family as we undertake the largest change to ever -- change us.

My sister is now the Countess-Consort to a house of Prodigals. And as fully endorsed by the Faith, it is charged that they come to learn of the Pantheon and embrace the Gods. And they intend to do so and I intend to see to it that it comes to pass as well as being able to help them grow financially. I'm a spiritual person no doubt, and raised in the holy faith of Sanctum and though I'm not what one would call Orthodox, I'm very traditionalist.

So please, Lagoma, help me with all these change to come.

Written By Quenia

June 18, 2018, 3:45 p.m.(1/14/1009 AR)

I can truly recommend drunken sailing to anyone who needs to get over their woes. Lots of rum. Lots of great stories. Lots of fun to be had. Many, many thanks to Princess-Consort Alarissa and Princess Coraline for helping me to forget my troubles, if only for a few days.

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry