Skip to main content.

Written By Itzal

June 5, 2018, 8:20 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Wylla

I promise to be exactly as I always am, true to myself, and what inspiration Jayus chooses to lend me!

So no tea?

Written By Fredrik

June 5, 2018, 8:09 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

From: Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: Day's success

I have enjoyed plays on words, an amusing debate, and the company of a very astute iron guard. Today has been a success, by any measure.

Written By Aureth

June 5, 2018, 8:04 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Fredrik

My lord Redtyde,

A question that it had never occurred to me to investigate until now but I'm suddenly very curious to know the answer.

Written By Fredrik

June 5, 2018, 8:01 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Aureth

From: Desk of Lord Fredrik Redtyde
subject: Compound names

While I highly doubt it is the same circumstance for each of those (did your family used to be the Gray and the Hopes? Gray is such a gloomy last name), perhaps you are correct. After all, only my niece is around to correct me, and Margot is a Tyde, not a Redtyde, so who would argue.

After this many years, it does look odd though, Archlectors GrayHope.

Written By Aureth

June 5, 2018, 7:56 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Fredrik

Look, my family name is a compound word, too, and we don't do any weird shit with our proper nouns. There's a hundred noble houses in this city with mashed together words for their names, look at Redrain! RedRAIN? No.

You want to stand out, you do you, I'm just saying: capital letters in the middle of words? I'm judging you, is what I'm saying.

Written By Fredrik

June 5, 2018, 7:53 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Aureth

From: Desk of Lord Fredrik REDTYDE
subject: capitalizatin of REDTYDE

The way my family name is spelled has been passed down since we branched off from house Tyde many generations ago. It is a time-honored and well-established tradition.

And I do not understand it any better than you do. I asked when I was younger why it had to stay that way, and never got a straight answer. And now there is nobody left to ask, so...

Written By Fredrik

June 5, 2018, 7:50 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

From: Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: Play on words?

I cannot tell if your post was a clever play on words regarding your house name, or an actual opinion, but either way?

I support it.

Written By Wylla

June 5, 2018, 7:38 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Itzal

I'll have tea waiting if you promise to be nice. But you should tell me more about this Bard's College!

Written By Itzal

June 5, 2018, 7:34 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Mae

Scholar, I'm gonna need you to use your big letters for this one.

DEAR SISTER,

I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM A FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE BARD'S COLLEGE. I HAVE A PIN. IT LOOKS GREAT ON MY COAT.

HAVE YOU FOUNDED A BARD'S COLLEGE? NO, YOU DID NOT.

I HAVE AMOUNTED TO SOMETHING IN MY LIFE.

OF COURSE I LOVE HER WHY DO YOU ASK ME SCHOLAR wait were you still using the big letters for that last part?

Written By Derovai

June 5, 2018, 7:31 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Cassima

I would have said 37, but surely Margerie Keaton has had another birthday between then and now.

Written By Cassima

June 5, 2018, 7:31 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

I forgot to add, and Scholar please make sure this entry is made as public as possible: I am seeking hostesses for the next Skirt and Gown night. For those who do not know, these are laid back evenings where women of all stations in Arx come together to mingle, share stories, discuss current events, and otherwise get to know one another.

The first was hosted at the Ebb and Flow, but there were many activities bandied about for subsequent gatherings. Unfortunately, one of my newer, younger assistants threw out the list of those who had offered to host. So, any who might read these words and be interested in hosting an event or activity for the ladies of the city, please contact me.

Yes, Scholar, that will be all for today. I promise.

Written By Itzal

June 5, 2018, 7:30 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Now, I know what you want to say. "Itzal! It's been so long! My life was lost without your witty and entertaining journals! Where have you been? How could you leave us in the cold and dark?"

Let me first say I never left, I was always in your heart, merely content with biding my time before making a triumphant return!

So yes I'm back. Everyone can rejoice now! So what did I miss?

My that's a lot of dead people.

Written By Cassima

June 5, 2018, 7:23 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

In a few days' time, I will turn another year older.

What is the official age of a spinster again?

Written By Aureth

June 5, 2018, 6:44 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Joscelin

I'm so offended that you're offering scones to a man who randomly capitalizes a letter in his surname.

Written By Ari

June 5, 2018, 6:27 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Mirari

Daughter I can be most proud of

Written By Gianna

June 5, 2018, 6:16 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

The Bard's College is now an officially recognized organization in Arx. I've sent out a number of messengers during the process of legitimizing the organization, so hopefully there will be more members soon.

The college is an organized group of people with with common interests; while I'd like to help teach students one day, there is no formal instruction set up at the moment.

First, we'll need instruments. And actual furniture.

Maybe once we have a considerable number of small, inexpensive drums or tabrets, we can go to the Lowers orphanage and have an activity with the children there.

Written By Arik

June 5, 2018, 5:57 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Fredrik

House Halfshav is currently undecided on the matter of scones. Half of my family enjoy them. The other half find them doughy pastries unbefitting a good meal.

Written By Fredrik

June 5, 2018, 5:51 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Joscelin

From : Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: reply to Miss Joscelin's reply (see earlier this same date).

Light public record browsing upon seeing interesting topics can show a lot about a person!

I am busy a great deal of the time, but I would love to meet as talented a craftswoman as yourself. And who doesn't love scones? Barbarians, that's who.

Written By Ida

June 5, 2018, 5:51 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Joscelin

Scholar, please use Princess Agatha's big letters or I don't think how truly amused and filled with joy I am.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Gods, how I love you Joscelin. How could I forget? Some of those stronger wilier people were pleasant to watch, I'll admit, and that summer truly memorable. Starfish sleeping is something I greatly advocate so I'll get to work figuring out how to achieve this goal.

Written By Barik

June 5, 2018, 5:45 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Aslaug

There are so many things I could say about her, and at the same time I know so little. Her silence, her hesitations, her thoughts- they're all a mystery, and I know it'd be no different if she had the most loose of tongues. The fact that she's a mute only exacerbates a final truth, this woman understands that subtlety and safety are one and the same.

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry