Skip to main content.

Written By Fredrik

June 6, 2018, 9:27 a.m.(12/5/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Aureth

From: Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: The perils of age

Oh, deluding one's self is easy! I could do that until I am walking with a cane and barely able to think or see straight. And while it is true that my calves are not thick as iron cables anymore, and my stomach not nearly as defined? The baker who I receive the scones from seems pleased at the business, so perhaps I have simply not reached there yet.

And I do say 'yet'. One can only delude themselves so much, in my case.

Written By Aureth

June 6, 2018, 9:23 a.m.(12/5/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Fredrik

There's no apothecary cure for not being 20 anymore. I don't walk the hill every day anymore, my calves aren't made of steel and I eat a lot more greens. Look, you're just deluding yourself if you think you can eat whatever you want forever. I've made my peace with that. You'll get there eventually, my lord.

Written By Fredrik

June 6, 2018, 9:16 a.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Aureth

From: Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: Age to eat pastry treats

Being forty myself (unless I have counted the years wrong? Some of them were ridiculously hard to keep track of, so it's possible), I can assure you that I can still fully enjoy a lovely scone with all the trimmings. Two, if I have saved room.

Perhaps consult an apothecarian, my good Archlector?

Written By Aureth

June 6, 2018, 9:13 a.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Joscelin

I'm forty now, I don't believe I can have scones anymore.

Maybe like a third of a scone but without any honey, sugar or jam and honestly what's the point.

It takes a lot of work to stay this good-looking, all right.

Written By Sabella

June 6, 2018, 9:11 a.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Mae

Mistress Culler, I am so surprised to hear you do not know what a Bard is considering your title, which you kindly included in your last white, and the fact that your brother often calls himself one! You ought to talk to Mistress Gianna about her project directly as it will no doubt lead to better performers showing up on the Rose's doorstep and thus ought to be a project that the Black Rose Theater endorses whole heartedly! I'm sure she would love to hear from you!

Written By Joscelin

June 6, 2018, 2:48 a.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Fredrik

Aureth GrayHope judges everyone, Messere RedTyde. Even when he says he isn't.

Written By Joscelin

June 6, 2018, 2:48 a.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Aureth

You're just upset with yourself because -you- haven't had my fresh scones in ages. I understand; it should make anyone grumpy. You can remedy this, you know.

Written By Cambria

June 6, 2018, 2:33 a.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Driskell

"'You have understood me better than I wanted,' said the man in the mirror."

I only knew Brother Driskell through journals. I think he would have appreciated this.

Written By Lumen

June 6, 2018, 2:20 a.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Mae

This just means I'll have to get your take on current events in person, now.

Written By Mae

June 6, 2018, 12:50 a.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

Dear Itzal Culler,

What's a bard?

Sincerely,
Mae Culler
Executive Director
Black Rose Theater

Written By Norwood

June 5, 2018, 11:48 p.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

It goes quite without saying that Lady Margerie Keaton has my utmost respect.

With that respect laid, I feel I must echo Princess Isabeau and Lady Margerie herself.

She is no spinster.

Written By Margerie

June 5, 2018, 11:29 p.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

Princess Isabeau is correct.
I am more merry widow than spinster, with all due respect to the late Count-Consort.

That said I honor those women who have attained the knowledge of the years and the fortune to know themselves well enough to say marriage was not for them. Our spinsters, if you will, are delightful women of wit, wisdom, and humor both gentle and cutting. I take no shame in being mistaken for my peers who walked a different path.

Written By Isabeau

June 5, 2018, 11:18 p.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Derovai

Lady Margerie Keaton is a widow, not a so-called spinster.

Written By Ariella

June 5, 2018, 11:18 p.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

After touring every social group in Arx, I've reached out to the Grandmaster of the Champions to join up. I've been assured that there is plenty of room for those with more style than skill. It good to know that as a middling swordswoman I still have a place because I'm loud and dress like a lunatic.

Then again, it seems like everyone is founding their own organizations. Maybe I should get in on that. Perhaps the Arx Maritime Academy, a social club for people who like taking about boats to an alienating degree. A place where we could go to just relax and not have to worry that going on and on about wind and sails is going to annoy people around us.

Or maybe that's a bad idea. I think that's just called being a Thrax.

I'll keep thinking. Maybe Prince Niccolo would like to start a formal racing league. I hate horses and would encourage anything that results in more of them running through burning barricades.

Written By Sabella

June 5, 2018, 10:31 p.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Niklas

I miss you! I know your work in the Mourning Isles is important, but I wanted you to know. You won't read this until you're back I'm sure, but know that the entire time you have been away from me I have thought of you at every moment. There is not a single second you are out of my thoughts.

Most especially when a bird flies overhead and I flinch thinking it might be Steve.

Come home soon. I love you more than I do the stars!

Written By Sabella

June 5, 2018, 10:28 p.m.(12/4/1008 AR)

There have been so many events lately my head is spinning and I cannot even begin to remember them all so I apologize, gentle readers, for any oversights herein: there was the Gauntlet run sponsered by Princess Alarissa that made me tired just watching it, the fashion show at the Ambassador, which was a lovely event, the tavern songs at the Spirits where Mistress Gianna put on an excellent show and where I declined to drink any Foolsbane, but got rather tipsy on whiskey as it was, and the wedding reception for Princess Jaenelle and Prince Ettore tonight, which was held in the most amazing ballroom I have ever seen! White marble trees! Exquisite! They need to hold more balls there! Scholar Oswyn and Princess Cassima were the most delightful company for that event and I wish the new couple that each tomorrow be brighter than the next!

I've been working with Mistress Gianna on her Bard's College project and am hoping to see lots of friends and family at the fundraiser tomorrow. It is an excellent idea and I think Mistress Gianna may be as smart as she is talented, so those that are able should throw their full support behind it! The world needs more entertainers for they provide those festive moments that can distract us all from our daily woes. They provide entertainment, but also inspiration, and we should never want to be lacking in that!

Written By Itzal

June 5, 2018, 8:31 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Sabella

Dearest princess, I do apologize for the distress my absence caused! Fear not, give it but a short while and all memory of my temporary leaving of the city shall be forgotten, replaced with more pleasant memories of amusing commentary and breathtaking songs!

Yes, nothing less.

Written By Sabella

June 5, 2018, 8:27 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Cassima

I have meant to write to you inquiring as to what was happening with that so I would be DELIGHTED to host the next one! Perhaps I shall see you at the reception tonight to discuss it! I suppose I could have just sent a messenger, but I was here and Scholar Oswyn is very amenable.

Say, Scholar Oswyn, do you have plans tonight?

Written By Sabella

June 5, 2018, 8:26 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Itzal

Hello, fellow founding member! I like your pin! And I have missed your entries.

Written By Tabitha

June 5, 2018, 8:21 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Fredrik

I never noticed the capital T. I hope my eyes aren't failing. Not a good fate for an artist.

That said, I will bake you all the scones you wish nonetheless. To go with tea. Capital tea, in fact. My family is known for it.

(Not an advertisement for Mercier tea. Not even slightly.)

(I'm lying, it really is.)

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry