Skip to main content.

Written By Orathy

June 5, 2018, 2:44 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Driskell

Folk be saying yer dead 'n shit. That be too bad. Can't heckle ya no more. Supposing ya were the only guy in a robe to listen and not steal shit from the poor. Aye.

Question be, if I be stepping on a roach do I be stepping on you? Shit.

Written By Elloise

June 5, 2018, 2:27 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Driskell

I barely even got the chance to learn more about those mysteries you mentioned. Now, you're gone. I don't know if I really believe what the rumors are suggesting. It doesn't seem -- although maybe it is -- plausible. Just because I didn't see it doesn't mean that it still didn't happen. I guess that's what faith is, right?

Wherever you wind up, Blessed, may it be a balanced place.

Written By Marian

June 5, 2018, 1:56 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Edain

I always look forward to my birthday. It's the one time of year make a point of looking at the calendar and say, "I'm still here." Then celebrate the incredible journey that is my life. Yes, I have not always made the best choices, but that winding journey sometimes opens new paths I would have never expected to take.

Incidentally, it's happening in about a month. Feel free to mark your calendar and celebrate with me.

Written By Marian

June 5, 2018, 1:47 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Driskell

Brother Driskell introduced me to Tehom, teaching me ways to find balance in my life. He never judged me for me less sterling qualities, and always gave sound advice. It was through his mentoring, I learned accept my failings and stare into my own dark reflection without flinching.

I have seen so many others who were touched by his devoted Faith. He is a man who lived his life well. A bit odd at times but I find the most interesting of people come with a few quirks.

Written By Fredrik

June 5, 2018, 1:42 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Austen

From: The Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: Joscelin's Bed

Although it is, of course, not even slightly our business who shares the good woman Joscelin's bed? I believe the answer to 'how many does it need to hold' is always..."As many as she wants in it."

Or she just enjoys sprawling out on a massive, well-padded mattress. I know I do, after all.

Written By Austen

June 5, 2018, 1:13 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Joscelin

How many people does your bed need to fit?

On second thoughts, do not answer that.

Written By Elloise

June 5, 2018, 1:12 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Arcadia

Scholar's Note: The young lady known as Lady Elloise Leary ran in making quite the strange noise, calling it "a squeal of the purest delight" before she suddenly fell over after stubbing her toe.

Written By Aureth

June 5, 2018, 12:57 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

There are times in your life that something bothers you about something somebody said in the Whites. Times that you're annoyed because some asshole was walking really slowly in front of you and you were two minutes late getting someplace you wanted to go. There are times when the bakery is out of your favorite type of cookie. Times when the beer just doesn't taste right or you accidentally burned porridge in the pot and made the kitchen smell terrible.

There are times when there are petty, stupid, foolish annoyances that irritate you.

Then there are times that blow all those irritations away with the white hot fire of incandescent fury, because the foolishness and hubris of another human being has reached proportions so epic that they _defy your ability to put them into words_.

It is times like these that give you perspective on those other times. For the rest of my life, I will get annoyed at foot traffic or stub my toe or step in horse shit, and then think, "Well, at least this isn't that morning of December 3, 1008."

If you are reading this and you think that it is about you, but you have no idea why I am angry, it isn't you. This complete fool has already been informed of their transgression personally and in detail.

Written By Oliver

June 5, 2018, 12:13 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Ida

Perhaps you should ask why, if only to amuse yourself with the answer.

Written By Hadrian

June 5, 2018, 12:07 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

The banners have been hung, the staff have been given their assignments, a special guest has been unearthed, and other final preparations have either been completed or are underway.

I dare say that I'm going to enjoy this party. We've decided to welcome any who wish to attend, though any who wish to play the part of troublemakers may very well find themselves escorted out.

I still need to have someone find where my litter made off to. Regardless of that, I plan to have a great deal of fun with this.

Written By Aslaug

June 5, 2018, 11:57 a.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Barik

(A sketch drawn with black charcoal spans the entirety of this page. The outline is rough, hastily done, but there's a confident smoothness in the way the outline was sketched -- as if the image was clear in the artist's head before being put down on paper. The page is almost completely covered in black charcoal that makes up the form of what appears to be the shape of a still, burning flame. Inside this flame, the white of the page is left as the shape of a hunched figure, marked with details just enough to denote that this is the back of a cloaked figure.)

Written By Corban

June 5, 2018, 11:39 a.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Korka

I am pleased that Korka Glynn has returned from the Telmarch once more to Arx. When she left, we were liege and house retainer. When she returned, we are peers.

I cannot say if that is what led to her getting me more than a few drinks at the Telmar Tower and at the Ambassador. But whatever the reason, it was a good celebration with a good friend. And I am thankful for it.

Written By Ida

June 5, 2018, 11:03 a.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Joscelin

Hmm - I suppose we could do some sort of soldering to it? Though I might worry about compromising the solidity of it. Maybe we should just start with a new one? Notice, as well, that I don't ask why. I do not question, I just do.

Written By Gianna

June 5, 2018, 10:45 a.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Thank you to the patrons of The Spirits Tavern for making me feel very welcome last night. Hopefully I did not make too many mistakes with the translated song.

Clearly, more bawdies are in order.

Written By Edain

June 5, 2018, 10:44 a.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Bah birthdays. Sometimes rather than celebrations of your life they feel like a dirge reminding you of your failures.

Written By Joscelin

June 5, 2018, 10:23 a.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Ida

I need you.

Remembet that enormous iron bed you helped me make? Can you help me figure out how to make it bigger?

Written By Lisebet

June 5, 2018, 8:23 a.m.(12/2/1008 AR)

That was an adventure. I am glad there were such brave folks there to keep me safe and steady along such a narrow and frightening path. Still, all in all, that was quite an experience, and I think I would do it again. Mind you, next time I will be 19 I expect, and so have that much more learning to bring with me. I expect I will need it all.

Written By Morrighan

June 4, 2018, 11:33 p.m.(12/2/1008 AR)

Looks like I'm not the only one with a birthday in a couple weeks. Near winter is always a good time to celebrate one's birth, best time of the year, in my opinion. Though, as well as it went last year, I don't think there will be a birthday bash this time. Maybe the next one.

Written By Elgana

June 4, 2018, 11:18 p.m.(12/2/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Gianna

She has the most lovely voice. It is always a truly wonderful experience to hear her sing and watch her perform.

I see nothing but great things in her future.

Written By Ariella

June 4, 2018, 11:06 p.m.(12/2/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Thena

That's a corona.

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry