Skip to main content.

Search and Rescue!

This is a rescue mission. I will have few pc kidnapped and needing to be rescued. This for people on the Grayson Gray Forest Mission. I can take up to 8. Those who have not had a prp yet get first dibs.

Date

Sept. 6, 2017, 8 p.m.

Hosted By

Reese

GM'd By

Reese

Participants

Ailith Luca Khanne Reese Merek Sparte Calarian Arianna Eilonwy Shard Clara

Location

Outside Arx - Gray Forest - Deeper in the Gray Forest

Largesse Level

Small

Comments and Log


Eilonwy, Ailith, Clara, Khanne and Calarian went into the woods to gather herbs and flowers. They heard all about the plague in the area and are running low on medical supplies. They even had Reese's official permission as the military commander to to go, but she did urge them to bring guards and guards they brought. Hours later they haven't returned yet. Reese at first just grumbles about how Calarian must be out in the woods flirting with the healers, but then another hour goes by and she starts to get worried. She sends Luca, Shard, Sparte, Arianna and Merek to investigate. She also puts Shard in charge of this mission. Apparently she is impressed with her or something. "Keep Luca in line.." She tells the Shav, like that is even possible.

The party in the forest were surrounded by a group of something! Their guards were killed. Their weapons were taken from them. Their hands were tied behind their back and they were all put in a guarded hut together.
trNow the party of rescuers is gathering up outside the main Grayson camp, getting ready to look for them.

    Merek has taken his time to come and assist with the camp. When he had brought supplies, he was asked to come on a rescue mission. He has on a black robe with silver patterns and lined in umbra. On his shoulder is a cape in black tones, while he has his Nightsong at his hip. He meets up with the group and pulls up his hood, his face masked a bit also by his scarf in the chill. "... We're not going to let anything happen to our friends," he offers up.

Shard was in a bad mood upon returning to camp after the battle with the Red Boars. She was in a bad mood earlier today. She's in a /particularly/ bad mood now, as they gather their forces outside the Grayson camp, but for the Prodigal, her bad moods seem to be largely quiet things that simmer and stew and only occasionally explode. That's what this one is doing; it's seething below the surface. She's had the weapons of the kidnapped people gathered and packed up, along with their mounts, if they own them--those are brought with the party. The guards' bodies were brought back to camp. Now everyone has been told to prepare--pack lightly, pack warmly, and pack /quickly/. She intends to move out as soon as possible.

Arianna finishes cleaning ysgramor, spinning it a few times and admiring it's heft and balance. "Damn. I think it's time I get a new dagger, redsteel is nice but it doesn't kill demons." Sighing to herself woefully she tucks the blade back in it's hidden sheathe and steps out of her tent. Fully geared and ready to head out. Marching over to where Prince Luca is standing, the lithe Lycene maiden nudges him with an elbow and grins. "You and me again eh. My favorite dance partner." Winking at him she gestures towards Shard and the others,"This time leave some for me." With that being said she quickly trots over to the gathering and waits for the rescue party to set out. Not before praying to the Thirteenth, Gloria and Gild. In that order."

Sparte is grumbling. Not because he is bothered by going to rescue people or to make sure that people are okay, but because people keep getting into trouble while he isn't around. "I swear, it has to be Prince Calarian. Every time he goes out something terrible happens. I think he wears a bullseye undershirt or something." He is pulling in at Prince Luca's left flank, the two having experience working together in difficult circumstances.

"Pfft, like that's even possible!" Luca can't help but quip to Shard's hopeless orders from Reese, despite the woman's foul mood, echoing the unspoken sentiment as he was starting off half-asleep towards his big black stubborn warhorse named Gluefoot. Reese woke him out of a totally pleasant nap for this! Still, not as though he could refuse with Cal out having gotten himself in trouble potentially. Not and still call himself a good Grayson at least! So he bundled up in a thickly lined, hooded black cloak (no mor running about the snow in linen shirt this particular night) and set about prepping his ride, the matched viper-pommeled sabres strapped cross-wise to his back. As Arianna comes up to elbow him, he's smirking sleepily at her and ruefully shakign head. "You've picked it up quicker than most certainly. We'll have to have us a proper dance one of these nights when we're not all in dire nap-interrupting peril." Innuendo, but maybe not of the sort it seems. Smirking over to Sparte's comment he offers up as he's sliding up onto Gluefoot and slumping there. "He does have a bit of a penchant for trouble doesn't he?"

One can see the footprints in the snow of the party that left, likely to gather herbs and flowers. They head away from the camp and toward the south.

Luca has rolled a critical success!
Luca checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 77 higher.

Shard checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 7 higher.

Merek checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 17 higher.

Sparte checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 3 lower.

Merek takes a moment to leap up onto his warhorse, Beauty. He then pats her on the side while he takes a moment to pull the saddle and shift it a bit, so that he can ride easier on the forest terrain. He places a hand on the reins and then nods to Shard. Seems he is prepared, although he does take up his flask and drink some nice wine that he brought with him. He tosses the flask to Luca a moment, "It'll wake you up some, Your Highness, some good old fashioned Lenosian."

Sparte can barely even make out the tracks. All the snow is confusing him. He thinks maybe they went north instead! Merek and Shard are able to follow the tracks toward the south. Luca is able to follow them and keep following until they reach a stopping point. He sees tons of prints then, suggesting that they came across a party of maybe thirty adult warriors and a few giant canines. This cannot be good. He even notices drops of blood against the snow and he sees a spilled basket of winter plants. They are about an hour out from the main Grayson camp now.

Khanne drops a hand-turned wooden flask.

Khanne picks up a hand-turned wooden flask.

The bodies of about four dead Grayson guards are also here. They look like they been stabbed or mauled by wolves. Khanne's flask is also laying in the snow, having been dropped in the chaos.

---Prisoners---
%TClara is a little spit fire. She hadn't let them been taken without putting up a good fight but this sadly resulted in a power struggle between her and those that had taken them. She has a busted and swollen lip, several bruises about her body, and she is concussed but she is still breathing and still conscious. Her bindings are tight and she doesn't have the energy to try to get out of them right now. She's quiet as she kneels on the ground, bent forward, in their guarded hut.

"I'm only going to say this one time," Shard says, quietly and calmly, as everyone gathers and they start off. "Anyone, and I mean /anyone/ starts heading off on their own to play stupid heroics, I'm not sending the whole rest of this party running after you like we were your fucking babysitters. Our goal is to get our people back. Start, end. If this doesn't have to be a fight, that's fine, if it does, that's fine too, but if you fuck that up, you get to own every last little consequence. So I'd suggest looking around, getting to know each other's faces, and sticking to each other. I'm not going to ask if that's understood, because we all speak Arvani." She flashes her teeth, and spurs her horse forward, just a little faster.

"You're a god amongst men, Mer!" Luca's proclaiming as he took up the wine, popping it and taking a big swig before riding off. Apparently his eyesight is wine-powered, because half-asleep as the Lazy Prince Luca may be, he's finding the old tracks with almost comically offhanded way, following them along and pointing out things as he goes, drinking at least two more hits before passing it back to Merek with a grinning amicability. By time he's coming to the muddle of more, he's hopping spryly off of Gluefoot and pacing about thoughtfully for awhile, before finally offering up with a sigh. "Well, it's official. Cal's not just off having a fantastic fivesome!" He looks actually kind of put out for the man at that, as if he was holding out small hope for him. Luca's frivolity at the death is probably grating as usual, but the man's continuing his circling, picking out details and finally saying more grimly. "Thirty or so, a few giant dogs or wolves or some such. Some blood, so I don't think they went easy, but not enough anyone's dead yet. Direction's sort of obvious, but don't know if we're too far to catch up before they get wherever they're taking them."

---Prisoners---
    Khanne hasn't fully recovered from her injuries. She's mostly healed, stitched up, but moving slow and sore. Still, she tried to fight them off, until one clocked her on her already swollen temple. She was restrained quickly after that, and now sits in the hut, trying to settle her arms in a way that doesn't pull on her wounds, which is difficult with them behind her back. She whispers in the dim hut, "did anyone see who attacked us?"

Sparte's grumbling abruptly stops when they see the dead bodies. Blood has been spilled, the jokes leave him. He pulls his claymore off his back, leaving the staff there, and looks over to Luca. He glances down towards the guards a moment with a sigh before giving Betsy a nudge to continue on. He is on alert, now.

When everyone began to move out, Arianna gathered her massive fur cloak about her and nestled into the saddle of her horse. It wasn't long until they pulled up just outside a grisly scene. Drops of blood, spilled baskets and slain Grayson guards. The Stonewood girl's lips were pursed into a grim line as the possibilities run through her mind's eye. Swallowing visibly, Arianna sighs and continues trotting along until she reaches Luca's side or Shard calls for a halt. It wasn't necessary for her to speculate aloud, but the prints of large canines brought chills to the Lycene maiden that had nothing to do with the ambient temperature. Looking between the other members of the rescue party before her eyes dart back and forth around their surroundings, Ari waits for orders and stays vigilant. Once again playing the silent sentinel while the more experienced trackers described the scene and the events that took place. Toward the end her spirits lifted when Luca confirmed the survival of her companions. "Good...they're still alive."

---Prisoner: Calarian finds himself injured already from a previous battle, circumstance which has been taken advantage by the captors. His left arm is wholly bandaged, and he managed to avoid getting further violence on him. He's sitting with the rest of the captured. He looks at Khanne next to her with half-lidded eyes, then to Clara and her very battered face. Eilonwy and Ailith are given similar examinations. "Not specifically," he replies to the Shaman with a shake of his head, his tone unreadable and his expression even more so. He still sports purple bruises from the nice kicking on the face he saw to himself that other time around, out with the boys and girls.

The prisoners are able to realize that they were taken by a large band of Crownlands Shav who are partnered with an abysmal wolf pack.

The rescue party is able to follow the tracks and eventually they will reach an encampment. It will be late into the afternoon by the time they get there. Getting closer to the camp will risk being noticed, but one might have to get closer to get more details of the situation.

Sparte wields a massive rubicund claymore with garnet inset guard.

    Merek takes the flask back when Luca is finished, if he allows. If he didn't drink it all. In any case he does not seem bothered by Luca's words when they arrive on seen and he starts talking, "Well, I'm not sure which I'd prefer to run into." He shakes his head, then he looks to Shard, "Understood, Captain." There's nothing but respect in the title. If she's leading the Valorous Few, there's no choice but to act as one of them, to better be able to act as a unit. "They wouldn't drag them off if they were dead likely anyways. It's more likely they took captives. So we'll have to be careful if we want to assure their safety. Hostage situations are never easy." He continues to ride with the party, keeping up easily once Luca has pointed out the way for them. He looks to the corpses first though and lifts up his hand to make a small benediction and prayer, mostly quiet, and it seems to be to the Queen from what people can gather. "May the Shining Lands guide your path upon the Wheel." When they ride on and reach the encampment, he watches on and scouts from afar.

Arianna wields Ysgramor.

Merek checked perception + investigation at difficulty 15, rolling 26 higher.

---Prisoners---
%T"There were too many faces for me to recall them... But they were Shav... I heard them speaking and I've heard it enough to recognize the language. Even if I couldn't understand it..." Clara's voice is faint and she's obviously in pain but she's holding up as well as can be expected. She's angry, pissed off, seething as she sits there. She puts an honest effort into cooling herself down but she's in pain and adrenalized.

Shard keeps the party going, grimfaced but unmoved, until they reach the encampment. Only then does she bring everyone to a halt, just outside of easy scouting range. "We need eyes on it. Who has experience? Luca, I know. Arianna? I have some."

---Prisoner---
    Eilonwy had considered fighting, until the other started getting hit. She had tried to protest that they were healers, and wound up seeing black trying to cover the injured Khanne. Now she comes around and takes stock. Nothing feels broken. She murmurs to Clara first in northern shav, checking on her before switching. "No. I didn't catch the tribe but I think I've heard wolves like that before. Is anyone actively bleeding?" She asks softly. Her jaw is black and blue, lip split, but otherwise sound. "Press against someone else if you can, compress anything that's popped stitches or needs them."

---Prisoner: Ailith stoically stands and stares at the hut's entry despite the intensity of a throbbing headache and wounds. Smears of blood and grim across the left side of her face appear worse in intensifying the slice across her brow -- caught from the blow of a blade. Several other battered bruises ache from the struggle against their capturers, though are mainly hidden beneath armor. Like the others, her hands are bound behind her. "Doesn't sound like they're coming back," she remarks after several minutes, then pivots to approach the others. "I could barely make out any significant markings." She nods at Eilonwy. "I'm going to turn. If you could reach for my cloak, maybe there's enough to tear to apply to any of our wounds."

Luca just kind of waves absently Shard's direction at the speech, which apparently was assent not to go off on his own. Or...maybe just to own the results of such if he gets all the hostages killed. Either way, the Champion's staying afoot after that first gathering, now seriously on the trail as he just stalks along before the party, Gluefoot apparently content to plot along a ways back. He's moving quiet, even if they're too big a group to likely stay completely hidden, just in case he comes upon the encampment too early. But before he got them there, he was seeing the signs of fresher tracks and signalling for everyone to be wary. He leads them to where they can get basic eyes on the camp without being in earshot, keeping his eyes out for enemy scouts or giant dogs while Shard calls the play. He thumbs up over shoulder to talk of some experience scouting on his end, though he's not the greatest about probably, he's at least got enough to try and get closer maybe. Maybe see where their people are kept. He's behaving though and waiting for the go ahead rather than rushing off on his own. Does this mean Shard's keeping him in line as ordered?

The hut is not light inside and there are no windows, but its only late afternoon, so it is not fully dark. A little light gets in through the cracks.

When Shard calls her name out and asks her about her experience, the young woman slips off her horse and trots up to the Vice-Captain's side. "I...am not as quiet as Luca or Sparte. I'd suggest either of them. I can offer support but it's likely we will have a repeat of last time." Shrugging then she steps back and waits for her orders, though she does lean in and utter something in a hushed tone to the leader of this rescue mission. A terse nod given before stepping back. "When the others return with the encampment's defenses and numbers I am sure you will know how we should proceed. If there is anything else I can do, call on me Vice-Captain."

Ailith checked perception + investigation at difficulty 20, rolling 2 lower.

Calarian checked perception + investigation at difficulty 15, rolling 26 higher.

Calarian checked perception + investigation at difficulty 20, rolling 23 higher.

Clara checked perception + investigation at difficulty 20, rolling 1 higher.

Khanne checked perception + investigation at difficulty 20, rolling 43 higher.

Eilonwy checked perception + investigation at difficulty 20, rolling 3 lower.

Merek checked mana + theology at difficulty 20, rolling 12 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + stealth at difficulty 20, rolling 8 higher.

Shard's expression flickers--a little bit of surprise, maybe--at whatever Arianna says to her. She leans over from her horse and murmurs something back, before straightening. "Luca then, and--" She points at one of the Valorous Few, one with a bow. He nods and dismounts. "Tel too. Go quick, come back quick. Whistle if there's any trouble. We'll wait here. The rest of you, be ready to move fast if we have to."

Sparte pulls his horse to a stop as the others advance quietly, staying mounted and simply waiting. Perhaps he picked up some signal from someone else, or perhaps he just doesn't feel like sneaking along with them. The tightness of his grip on the claymore suggests he has just one thing on his mind after seeing those murdered guards, though.

Clara checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 50, rolling 33 lower.

    Merek takes out his blade and twirls it around a few times, before he pulls a vial from his belt. He then places the blade on his lap and starts to massage the oil from the vial into the metal and looks up, while he speaks a prayer and seems to hope for the best. He then cleans his hands, and bows forward a bit, then he places it to his sheath before he keeps a hand about the hilt. That was odd. Oh well.

---Prisoners---
%TClara looks to Eilonwy and nods her head. "I think me head is bleedin' but I can' tell fer sure. Feels like it... but ya know head injuries... they always pretend ta be worse than they are." She looks around at everyone and sighs in frustration. "Those guards... I asked them ta come with us... they are dead now..." She takes a deep breath and it does fully sound like she is taking blame for their loss. Perhaps taking blame for more than just that in her present state. "What do they want from us...? I'd understand if they killled us but they've taken us instead... to what end? Slavery? Randsom?"

Shard GM Roll checked dex(4) + stealth(3) at difficulty 20, rolling 32 higher.

:poses for Luca and the npc.

Luca looks mildly amused/pained at Ari's suggesting Sparte, giving the GUardsman a grinnning, but meaningful sort of look that seems to silently say 'Just...no dude." Thankfully, Shard's calling out one of the mercs to join him and he's nodding that man's way before stalking off into the darkened snow more sneakily than most ever give the loudmouthed duelist credit for being capable of. Toward the camp slowly, keeping eye out for guards of any sort and then any sign of the captured. Or barring that, a hut that's extra guarded.

Shard takes the time while she waits to start stringing her bow.

Shard wields a largely unremarkable rubicund longbow.

Merek wields Diamond Nightsong.

Luca and the Valerous Few are able to sneak closer to the settlement and so far they have not been heard. They see about ten archers in their trees, about thirty warriors on the ground and about six clustered in front of a hunt guarding. They also see about ten abyss wolves. They see the leader sitting outside his fancier hut and talking to a woman. He seems to be flirting. He is holding Khanne's bow and showing it off to the woman.

---Prisoners---
    Khanne seems to take Eilonwy's advice and leans against Calarian. The two previously injured folks trying to ease the stress that staying upright might cause their wounds. "Was that, Crownlands I heard earlier? Wasn't Northern..." In the dim light she doesn't try to lift her head from Calarian's good shoulder to look at people when they talk. "Ransom maybe... who knows... I just hope... " She quiets and says, "it's not your fault Clara..."

The leader shows off Clara's axe next and the woman oos and ahhs over it.

---Prisoner: Ailith furrows her brow, replying in a soft tone, "We all are aware of the dangers including the guards. They'd accompanied us even without your order, Lady Clara. We'll remember them." In turning, she stares at the hut's entry once more. "Or an exchange with their masters." She squints in settling down to a crouch nearby the group. "There's too many possibilities to assume one or the other."

---Prisoner: Calarian murmurs something aside to Khanne, his eyes schooled into this impassive look as they scan the room. Some might call him disoriented, other might call him tired, others - though - could say he's trying to figure out a plan just by that brief scan of his surroundings. When Khanne's head rests on his shoulder, he reaches with a non-injured hand to pat her other shoulder, keeping his arm there. "We must stay awake and ready, in case we find some window," he says to the rest of the group, his tone coming slow and low.

---Prisoner---
    Eilonwy reaches to tear at the cloak as instructed, her own movements limited by bound hands. "Or they're hoping to spare-" She smiles grimly as Ailith comes to the same conclusion. "If that's the case. Please kill me before we become sacrifices." She says very seriously. Torn fabric in hands she starts to pass it off to Khanne. She glances to Clara's head injury and nods to herself. "Put pressure on that."

The leader smiles and hands the woman the pretty bow now, seemingly giving it away as a present. Some of the Shavs start to gather up a bunch of fire wood bringing and start building up a large firepit in the center of the camp. Someone starts praying in Crownlands Shav.

---Prisoners---
%TClara begins to struggle against her bindings but it doesn't take her long before she gasps in pain and stops tugging. She curses in Northlands Shav and closes her eyes to refocus herself. "I hardly remember what happened... I was hit in the head pretty hard..." She takes a deep breath. "Ya may have ta keep talkin' to me if ya want me ta stay awake... All me body wants ta do is sleep." When Eilonwy looks at Clara's head there is a sizable bump that is bleeding but the skull is not cracked and she'll be fine in time. She looks over to Ailith then. "The part of me that knows that is hidin' behind the part of me that's pissed off." She chuckles through her frustration. "I can't get these bindings off... I wonder if I can't at least get my hands to the front..." She begins to struggle to pull her arms down below her butt so she can move her hands from her back to front.

Clara checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 30, rolling 5 higher.

Shard finishes calmly stringing her bow as she waits for the scouts to return, although it's clear to anyone watching her that her mind must be racing beneath that facade. "Mount up," she says, as she finishes. Still quiet, still calm. "Anyone who doesn't have a horse, double up behind someone who does."

After watching the mess for awhile, stifling his groans of pain at the terrible flirting techniques, eying the circle of entirely too closely spaced archers, as well the various mutts and mad men scattered about...he decides not to try something stupid just yet. Instead he's signalling for the mercenary archer to head back towards their group. He follows up behind, grimacing the whole way back, but intent on spreading the word. Once the pair are back, materializing out fo the shadows and snow, Luca's declaring quietly, if cheerfully. "Well. We're fucked!"

After leaving that cheerful assessment hanging a second, he's moving in closer to the gathered, breaking a branch off a tree and moving to start drawing in the snow. "Dozen or few less archers spread about too close to make a hole quietly. Thirty or so uglies, here, here...uh, here?" he questions of the VF archer, nodding. "Uh...group here look like guards. Probably our people. Ugly demon mutts uh...here, here...somewhere over here I suspect. And big ugly leader looking fucker trying to get his sword wet flirting with some woman here and giving away trophy weapons. They were starting to build up a fire, which I don't like the look of, and there's entirely too many to solidly get to ours before someone sounds alarm and slits their throats I think. Unless anyone's got clever ideas for making them let us in thinking we're friends or prisoners or some such maybe? Gah! This is ugly!"

---Prisoner: Ailith, grim-faced, clenches her teeth when Eilonwy tears at the cloak, a slight jostle to hidden bruises. "We are not at that point, Mistress Eilonwy. I've faith in our people and us. How much does anyone remember the layout of the camp?" She nods at Clara, the two looking a pair of blood faced reflections. "Try leaning against us for balance. It may help in the transition of your hands."

Clara checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 30, rolling 3 lower.

"Ridiculously stupid ideas," Shard says. She glances out toward the camp again, but only briefly. "Is the guarded building any closer to one side of the camp than the other?"

    Merek takes a moment to mount up on his horse further, and then looks around, "There's no way to sneak them out before they do whatever they plan?" he asks. He then looks at Luca and considers his words more, before he looks to Shard. "We can make them think we think our friends our dead and we've come for vengeance. It'll make taking up resources to kill them a lot more pointless if we do," he admits, just throwing ideas to assist, but he leaves the actual planning to Shard, watching her for a response. "Me and Luca have the blades to handle the wolves at least..."

Luca checked command + war at difficulty 15, rolling 5 lower.

Arianna sighed a bit when she heard about the numbers the enemy had. It was more than expected and one could see her mind trying to put together a proper strategy. Waiting for Luca to clarify the details of where their friends might be, Lady Stonewood draws her dagger and tosses it back and forth in her hands. Clearly something she did when she was thinking, or bored. Who knew. There was a slow and measured look to Merek when he spoke about handling the wolves,"I mean the wolves...I'm not sure they will be a problem. At the least I can possibly influence the outcome in that regard but taking on ten wolves if it doesn't work. Good Gods...."

"I've got ten Prodigals and myself," Shard says, still low, but enough to carry to the gathered group. "Ten extremely noisy Prodigals, if they want to be, all on horses. There's no way everyone gets down to that hut without being noticed, but how fast do you lot think you can do it, if there's a big enough distraction?"

Sparte turns the reins on Betsy away from the rest of the group, sheathing his claymore and taking a moment to light his candle lantern. Hanging it from his saddle, he starts riding through the woods like the big glowing bullseye he is. Not far away, but away from his allies far enough to take the glow of the lantern off of them.

---Prisoners---
%TClara nods her head at Ailith and scoots her way over to the woman so she can put her head on her shoulder as she leans forward and begins to force her hands to slide over her butt. "Thank goodness for being tiny." She declares as she leans back and falls on her rear so she can pull her legs from between her arms. "Owch... I think I bruised my butt..." She laughs at that and then pulls herself back up onto her knees. She wiggles her hands before people and then starts to try and bite her bindings free but its no use. "Fuck." She curses softly and then looks to Ailith. "Let me see yer hands. I might be able to do a better job undoing your bindin's than me own."

Shard snaps, "/Sparte/, get the fuck back here."

"Fucked if I know! I thought about trying to take an archer prisoner, but spaced as close as they are, I don't think even I could knock one out fast enough not to get noticed." Luca offers back to Merek with a big, frustrated shrug of shoulders, clearly not a tactical genius by any stretch, at least outside the dueling ring. Grimacing deeper as he looks down on the map he drew again, Lenosian accent thickening in his anger. "I mean...we could try to swing and hit them hard enough to punch through to the prisoners before those six guards could get inside and kill them, but we'd be cutting our way out through all the rest. I mean...we could do it...but without anyone getting an arrow or blade through the gut on the way out?" Scrubbing a hand through his dark hair, looking to Shard's talk of distraction, he nods and holds a hand out, wavering it a little bit. "You get loud enough to pull the majority off, Ari, Sparte, Merek, and I could cut down a couple of archers and the 6 guarding probably without too much problem. But I'd worry about your group in that case. You think your people can move fast enough to lead them ona merry chase without getting caught and cut up?"

The Shavs keep building up a fire pit with lots of wood a sturdy post. One of the Shavs walks toward the hut. "So who do we burn first?" He says loudly in Crownlands Shav. Those who speak Northern Shav can make up bits and pieces.

---Prisoner: Ailith leans back to give Clara the support needed. The butt comment is rewarded by a wry murmur of, "We've ointment for that later. And you'll have to teach me that tumble maneuver sometime." Her body shifts to present her bound hands to the shaman while keeping her eyes ahead on the hut entry. The shouts outside hit her ears and she glances at the others. "What was that?"

---Prisoner: Calarian issues a soft breath of amusement at what Clara says, and his eyes do peek at the bindings. When the shout outside comes, he comments in a rather detached tone of voice, "You should be quick about that. They're coming."

---Prisoners---
    Khanne might be trying to keep herself alert, or her morale up, speaking with Calarian in quiet murmurs. She pays attention to the others though, even if she lacks the mobility to do some of the things they want her to or that they are doing themselves. When she hears the loud talker, she doesn't understand clearly, but, thinks she heard a word she does not like, which Calarian confirmed. "Shit. Come on Clara... you can do it!"

Clara checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 30, rolling 5 higher.

Ari looks over to Shard and nods. Her eyes had been closed as she tried to commune with the Thirteenth. Nodding to herself in a reassuring way,"Vice-Captain. I can....try and draw away the Abyssal wolves. I...have an idea and my Blessing has never failed me. I know it's a lot to put your faith in but if I can distract them then everyone else has a better chance at making it out." Lady Stonewood shrugs,"If they tear me to ribbons, which they won't, it's better than losing just one of us. Rather than all."

    "Do you all have callsigns prepared for this kind of situation? Two bird tweets if you're free, one if not? It's possible our friends have quite the intuition," Merek tells them all, while he takes some of his garments and wraps it around on his oiled blade on the parts that surround where it is used to hit. Whatever he's planning is going to be interesting. For good measure he takes out some supplies and then rubs some more of a mixture on it.

Several of the Shavs start praying to the Horned god.

Merek checked dexterity + alchemy at difficulty 15, rolling 16 higher.

Shard checked command + leadership at difficulty 15, rolling 1 lower.

so Sparte, still charging at the camp, how close do you get?

---Prisoners---
%T"I... don' like the sound of that." Clara works faster at trying to get Ailith's bindings off. She takes a deep breath and tries to focus through her concussion. When that doesn't work immediately she looks down at her own hands again and is far less delicate with her busted lip than she was a second ago. She splits her lip right back open as she gnaws and pulls on her own bindings. It is quite the effort but eventually she frees her hands from her bindings. "Got it..." She spits blood from her mouth out onto the ground and begins to work on Ailith's bindings once more now that her hands are free.

Sparte checked charm + performance at difficulty 20, rolling 9 lower.

    "Sparte... Whatever you're doing, I hope you know the risks," Merek tells him as well when he sees the man ride off, "But you can't count on us to help you if you get caught. So be prepared for what might happen. You're a good friend, don't get hurt," he calls over.

Shard twists away from Sparte with a hiss. "We don't have time for this. I warned him." She looks to Arianna. "No lone heroics. If you can do something about the wolves, ride with Tel." She gestures toward the returned scout, who has remounted his horse. "Okay, Luca. That depends on how fast their damned wolves are and if they have horses. We're going to circle around. Go as soon as you can. If that idiot pulls fire, let him, we'll all go. Few, with me. The rest of you, circle around behind the camp, keep your distance from their watchers."

Clara checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 20, rolling 10 higher.

---Prisoner---
    Horned God prayers? Eilonwy starts to shake visibly as she awkwardly tries to ensure Khanne and the prince don't bleed out. It's about all she can manage the fear is so tangible.

Luca looks to Arianna with kind of an arched, curious look, but shakes his head a bit, glances up to Sparte starting his martyr lure trip. "Leave him, Shard. We need to act before they see his light.' He pauses to take in the woman's orders, nodding agreement and saying. "He can draw off some. You and yours can draw off others, Anna can draw off the ugly puppies, and Merek and I and some of yours can rush the guard hut." With that, he's rising up, shaking his head, suddenly grinning hugely and laughing hilarity at all of this, then just declaring. "Good luck all!" And with that, he's starting off towards the flanking around the camp as quietly as he may be able with group, intending to lead them to the closest point to the guarded hut.

    Merek rides out behind Luca while he takes his blade out and keeps it to his side, another hand drawing out a flint striker while he takes his time to move in a pattern that is out of line of sight... "Sparte, always doing these things. I'm sure he will be alright though."

"Of course, no heroics." With that being said Arianna hops on the back of her horse and rides alongside Tel. She was deep in prayer as they rode toward the gate. She knew it was a long shot, but even if it didn't work. Shard had planned on contingencies and everything would go according to plan. Before she departs, a little bit of a smirk is given to everyone else. "Don't die and stuff...may Gloria guide your blades and arrows and what have you." Pulling her dagger out again, the young woman cleans her nails. Unhappy with the amount of dirt that had managed to get under neath the painted tips of her fingers. "Blast it...I'll need to go and have a nice soak at the Grotto when we're all done here. Hot water sounds like a long forgotten dream..."

---Prisoner: Ailith wiggles at the bindings to help in loosening, but shows no signs of panic. "They'll want us alive so there's a chance to bolt for the woods. Once we're all free, I'll try to distract them." And then the bindings fall off after Clara's quick work. "Thank you." She then scurries over to Eilonwy and attempts at removing hers. "They cannot take you, Mistress. No one here will permit it. Try reciting your prayers. It'll distract you from their foul chanting."

Sparte spares a glance at Shard, then continues riding away until the lamplight no longer falls on Ari and the others. He picks a tree, dismounting from Betsy, and pulls out his bootknife. With one cupped hand he starts to scrape the moss from the tree. He starts to sing as he scrapes. It isn't a good singing voice, and he has a little trouble keeping the tune, but he plods on through it. "Forgotten winds of distant North, the might of ancient gray. Beneath your bower ever lower hang the hearts of men. By moonshine we fight our fight and soon become the killers, shadows each with red soaked feet as we walk away. Petrichor, Petrichor, please forget our trespass. Lagoma's light, come on quicker, and wash away our shame. Jayus we give this song, though it is bent in the wrong places..." He continues on, though the song gets fainted. He may've forgotten the next verse.

---Prisoners---
%TAs soon as Ailith's bindings are lose she goes over to start helping Calarian out of his bindings. She's still angry... so very angry but she is channeling that anger into focusing on making sure that if that hut opens they have a chance to get the hell out of there. "If we're goin' down... I'm goin' down swingin'."

Clara checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 20, rolling 23 higher.

---Prisoners---
    Hearing the prayers, Khanne closes her eyes, she murmurs something under her breath, then starts her own prayers. She speaks in whispers, even now, bit occasional words can be heard, her thanking the Spirits, of land and sea, and various elements and animals. She speaks a moment about Mountain... or mountains... but something of that sort. She does this without even hearing Ailith talk about prayers.

Ailith checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 20, rolling 5 lower.

The Shavs certainly notice Sparte. Many look in his direction and the archers fire arrows that never reach him. Ten of the men and five of the dogs start to chase after him. Five of the men get on horses to do so. "Get him! Another one to burn for the Horned God!" One of the men calls out in Crownlands Shav. Now there are ten archers in the trees. Five dogs in the camp. Six men in front of the prisoner's hut. One leader and his girlfriend at his hut. And about twelve other guards on the ground. 5 mounted warriors after Sparte. 5 non mounted warriors after Sparte and 5 dogs after him.

Calarian checked luck at difficulty 15, rolling 13 higher.

---Prisoner: Calarian allows Clara to try and undo his bindings, though he looks over his shoulders and warns her in a hissed whisper, "Lady Clara-- caution. We have to make sure to use the element of surprise to our advantage." He's looking around the place, briefly peeking aside at Khanne. His eyes swim around the place before he whispers to the Clara, "Grab that." He points an index to the sharp rock on the ground he finds. "Hide behind the door. If they come inside, I will do the talking." He looks aside to Ailith and Eilonwy and suggests, "You can sit by the door and, when Clara attacks, you can use your ropes to choke someone out." He looks aside at praying Khanne, and then taps a hand on his chest. "We can do the talking and distract them."

Shard checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 40, rolling 5 lower.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 1 lower.

Arianna checked mana + occult at difficulty 30, rolling 13 higher.

Clara checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 20, rolling 13 higher.

---Prisoners---
%TWith Calarian's bindings off, Clara moves over to Khanne next and she begins to work as quickly as she can to get her bindings off as well. She looks to Calarian and lets his words process. "Alright..." She takes a deep breath and focuses on getting that rope off Khanne. "We've got this... I'll try ta keep them as distracted as I can and clear a path for you guys. When ya get the chance run fer the trees and don't stop. Just keep goin'." Khanne's bindings fall free and she makes her way over to help with Eilonwy's if she is still tied up.

There was a brief moment when she felt those same chills running along her spine. It was most definitely an eerie feeling she had grown used to out here. When Shard fired off her shots and the Valorous followed suit, the Lady Stonewood brought two fingers to her lips and whistled, loudly. The sound resounded out over the beginning of the clambering of surprised Shav. It took all the lungs out of her air to hold it for that long, but afterward she listened closely and watched. Sure enough five of the wolves came running her way. Narrowing her eyes for a moment and uttering something beneath her breath, Ari begins to draw them away from the fight and out of the encampment.

The sound of thundering hooves can be heard first. At first one might easily mistake them for the horses the Abandoned rode out on, but these are more numerous, and approaching the camp /quickly/. And then there's shouting. Loud, loud, LOUD shouting, screaming, laughing, all in the entire variety of Shav'arvani languages; Crownlands, Oathlands, and Northlands. Most of what's said isn't repeatable in respectable company, and a lot of it has to do with the comparably small genital sizes of the Abandoned warriors in the camp, but some of it's just random shouting. It sounds like a good twenty men and women are stampeding down the way toward the camp--but no, it's just ten. Ten men and women on horseback that ride straight at the encampment, yelling the entire way before suddenly and abruptly turning right and riding right past it, but not before firing arrows willy nilly into the encampment itself, as literal parting shots. Shard is at their head, and one of those arrows comes from her--it sails past the leader, but the intent was quite clear. She flashes him a lewd hand gesture as she goes.

---Prisoner---
    Hands freed, Eilonwy resists the urge to bolt. She thanks Ailith and looks to Clara. "Shh." She murmurs to Clara and nods to the entrance. "Sounds like more than just praying." she murmurs though she grips the ropes used to tie her to wield for a weapon as the prince had said to.

---Prisoner: Ailith struggles with Eilonwy's bindings and gruffly says, "If only I kept that sharp buckle in my boot." Her head shakes to dismiss the couldas and instead focuses on what can be done -- Calarian's orders. With a push to her feet, she aids Eilonwy, if she accepts, to stand before the commotion outside draws her attention. Her prayers are said aloud, inspiring in their declaration. "Our Faith will be our strength. Gloria, be our sword and shield. Help us be wise to escape and face this darkness. Lagoma, may your mercy be upon us and those injured to see this through." And she moves into position on either side of the doorway, ropes held at ready.

---Prisoners---
    Khanne ceases her prayers and whispers, "do you hear that?" She listens to what seems like chaos outside. "Are..." Then Clara is freeing her hands and she rolld her shoulders a bit to loosen them. She stays put though, trying to make her position seem more natural like should one of the captors come in. She looks to Calarian, then back at Clara. "We aren't running and leaving you here.."

Five mounted warriors, five dogs and five warriors on foot are chasing after Sparte. Five dogs are heading in Arianna's direction. The more alert would notice the dogs don't seem hostile towards her. If one has the chance to notice these thing right now. The archers in the trees, all ten of them fire on Shard and her warriors. Some of the warriors take after them. The leader, his girlfriend, the six guards at the hut, ten archers in the trees and five other grounded warriors are the only ones left in camp now.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 10 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 31 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 18 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 18 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 3 lower.

It's not usually in Luca's nature to wait and hide while people are having fun without him. Especially fun that involves kicking a bloody demonic hornet's nest of shavs and watching them scatter! His hand is itching for his blade by the time things are kicking off while he, Merek, and some of the VF are waiting in good point in the forest to wait for the opening. And so, what does Luca do to cure that itch? He reaches over and snatches up Merek's wine flask again with a silent grinning toast, and upends it. Yes, very serious business this preparing for battle!

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + dodge(3) at difficulty 20, rolling 23 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + dodge(3) at difficulty 20, rolling 11 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + dodge(3) at difficulty 20, rolling 20 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + dodge(3) at difficulty 20, rolling 8 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + dodge(3) at difficulty 20, rolling 19 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + dodge(3) at difficulty 20, rolling 4 higher.

Clara checked dexterity + athletics at difficulty 20, rolling 11 higher.

---Prisoner: Calarian sits tight as if he was still bound. "I will make sure they come here," he informs Clara aside in that lofty tone of his. "When you knock them out, we can try and keep at it. I'm in no running condition, so the best we can do is try to get some of their swords or arrows or blades for Khanne first. Then we can all go out together" There is a brief moment of silence. His lofty tone, it comes slightly rowdy and, surprisingly, he is good at understanding how commoners curse, "SHIT, IN THE HUT. THE PRINCE IS CHOKING HER OUT!! SEND A SWORD!! HE'S TRYING TO ESCAPE!!" His voice comes booming from the hut.

Calarian checked charm + manipulation at difficulty 30, rolling 35 higher.

One of the guards near Calarian's words and despite the combat going on, he goes in to check it out.

Sparte sticks his bootknife in the tree and rubs the gathered moss over his gloves. Small ritual so performed he unslings his rubicund claymore again. Betsy, his horse, is given a slap on the back to send her off and the torch dangling away as Sparte turns to face the group coming for him. He doesn't seem inclined to give them the joy of a chase. He falls into a defensive stance as he continues to sing the refrain for the three gods he could remember, cycling from Petrichor to Lagoma to Jayus. There is likely more to the song, but it is what he could remember.

Luca checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 93 higher.

---Prisoners---
%TClara lowers her voice. "Yes, ya are. Because just me gettin' killed makes more sense than all of us gettin' killed. So ya will go and not try to be heroic. If I can make it out that's great but if I can't at least some of you might." She watches Eilonwy's bindings fall to the ground and then she looks to Calarian and ndos her head. "Aye, no... I suppose ya and Khanne are not in condition ta run..." When the nose begins, Clara is almost not prepared for what is coming next. She takes a deep breath though and puts all of her focus into a fighting stance.

Since Spart isn't running the ten warriors and five dogs reach him. It is fifteen against one!

    Merek takes a moment to lift up his blade and then nods to Luca, "I'll distract them, I have an idea, it should let you wipe the six out in a sweep," he states. He takes up his reins then takes a moment to look at their little bit of people, and then he rushes forward with a kick to his horse. As he rides in he sweeps up his blade with a phoenix striker and then it happens.

The blade alights with flame over the blessed oil and fabric as well as the alchemic mixture placed on it. Combined with the reflective nature of the blade it causes a blinding flash almost as he sweeps down at the hut and shouts in Nox'Alfar, "KNEEL AND SURRENDER!" as the flamebrand is swept around. Why elven? Because it's sure to scare the Shav'Arvani possibly, who knows.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 40 higher.

Sparte has rolled a critical success!
Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 85 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 32 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 34 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 37 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 48 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 49 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 26 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 30 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 80 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 50 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 45 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 21 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 29 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 48 higher.

---Prisoners---
    Khanne is a bit surprised at the yelling, looking at Calarian in surprise. Still, she tries to get ready for whatever may come.

"And....here we go!" Luca says a bit breathy for having drank most of the wine, tucking away the flask with a ferocious grin, and suddenly just bolting into motion with that damnable speed he's known for. Straight past distracted archers, like a demon come from the snow for the guardsmen around the hut with their friends. Midway there, Luca's drawing free the matched alaericite and steel blades to either hand. VIper's Soul and Viper's Fang whipping through the night as he sweeps past one of the guards before they've even really figured out what's happening, the gleaming mirror-bright shine of alaericite whistling through the air, pausing in not the least as it cuts through the stunned man's throat and out the other side. He's already on to the next man, blades raising as a second or two later the first guard's head, blinking still, rolls from his shoulders in a sudden gout of blood. "You chose the wrong people to take, fools!"

Clara checked dexterity + brawl at difficulty 15, rolling 32 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 44 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 13 higher.

---Prisoner: Calarian lifts both of his hands, evidently freed, lifting the one that was wrapped around Khanne's shoulder. It almost looks like he was choking her out -- in gesture. "Very well, very well!" he quickly says back as both of his palms are bared to him, the answer coming in Crownlands Shav. "You have me -- do not attack. I yield!" There's quite just one curse he can issue before he goes back to his usual vocabulary, even in Shav'Arvani. His irises briefly flit aside to Clara though, waiting to see what the reaction will be.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 31 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 50 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 53 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 20, rolling 42 higher.

---Prisoners---
%TClara takes her sharp stone and as soon as that guard walks in and she has the moment she lets out all that anger and very simply WACKS him in the back of the head! Its a good wack! He wasn't expecting it so that made it an even better wack! "Get his sword." She says rather calmly.

---Prisoner: Ailith arches a brow at the shouting but calmly waits for the opportunity. The rope in her hands tightens in readying. She tries to press against the hut's wall to avoid being seen through the guise of Calarian's distraction with Khanne. Once the stone cracks the man's skull from Clara's attack, she bolts in working with Eilonwy to rustle down the man and tie him up -- just like capturing a sheep for the shearing. "Eilwony, the sword."

---Prisoners---
    Khanne looks at Calarian then starts to cough, her hands still behind her. It isn't hard for her to do, as soon as she fakes one, several real ones start after, making her groan in pain. "Get...him.." she finally manages. She looks to the guard he came in, as if she might be talking about Calarian, but her eyes briefly flick to Clara who then whacks the guard in anger, knocking him right down.

Sparte is absolutely amazing, maybe not so amazing at listening to orders, but when it comes to evading blows he seems divinely blessed. Maybe the gods were listening to his prayers. He is up against ten men and five canines and has not been even touched. He is able to take down one of the men with his own blade. They look nervous, but still are fighting.

Luca and Merek charged the prisoner hut and are fighting the guards. They took out one guard and dodged their blows. They are up against four guards now. Ten archers are in the trees. The leader is getting up and drawing his weapon. His girlfriend draws Khanne's bow. The guard in the hut is badly injured and tied up. Shard is being chased and so are her men. So far they are fine though.

You'd think that many people gathering together to take down just one person would be fatal, but it ends up just being chaos. Some are forced out of reach of Sparte by the trees and the position of their allies, others are threatened by the hooves of the riders as the horses stomp, and the dogs all get underfoot. Sparte keeps on singing his little refrain as he circles the tree, deflecting the strikes that get close enough and tripping them up as much as he can. One rider gives an opening and so Sparte takes it, whipping his blade through them and leaving the horse with a limp body upon it. The first blood falls into the snow around the tree Sparte chose.

Five dogs are hovering around Arianna, treating her like their alpha.

Merek checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 22 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 36 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 39 higher.

---Prisoner---
    Scrambling to get the sword, Eilonwy is wide eyed. She's scoop it up and scoot hastily away from the wrestled man they caught. She'll look to Khanne. "This isn't praying in the woods." She says and looks for who the sword is going to. It's foreign in her hands.

Shard checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 22 higher.

---Prisoner: Calarian lifts from the side of Khanne, dusting himself off. He gives a nod aside to Eilwony, commenting to the rest, "It is useful to know some words here and there," in this very calm, nondescript tone of voice. "Anyone comes inside, and if they look like trouble, we're going to be thrusting that on them," he instructs Eilwony aside. "Get the rock, Clara, we're not done using it." He closes the door with his only functional hand. "We are all armed," he gives this speech to the rest, probably unaware of how the fight is going out there -- wining or not, "We have the element of surprise in here. Our best chances are in staying alive until they come and save us. Are we all in agreement?" His eyes look around the hut as if trying to see if it is unanimous.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 6 lower.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 4 lower.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 9 lower.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 0 higher.

---Prisoner: Calarian tells Eilys, "You don't need to swing it. You just need to thrust it into whomever comes."

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 12 lower.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 22 higher.

    Merek's blade is shifted in his hand while he look to another Shav'Arvani. He then steps forward and then does a cross-slash as the clean blade is matted with blood while he cuts the opponent clean open from abdomen upwards, flame searing while he does. He then kicks him down and turns around looking from beneath his hood while his scarf flits about, moving to the next.

"Take the one trying to get inside!" Luca offers out to Merek and those with him almost casually distracted, focused on the blades around him that he's dancing past with his usual willowy precision, letting attacks pass him by by millimeters, deflected just the barest out of line by his own spinng blades as needed, at same time, helping one shav guard overextend himself so that Viper's Soul can claim another life with an inside cut that splits the man's front from crotch to chin, leaving him gagging as he falls while Luca's dancing past him without catching any of the bloodspray, on to the next. "Are they alive?" He manages to ask in that distracted sort of tone, only the faintest strain to it underneath betraying actual caring as to their state.

Ari is trying to divide her attention between the battle that is raging on inside the camp and the dogs lingering around her. Furrowing her brow and pouting, the nimble lass leaps down from her horse and removes one of her gloves. Making a firm noise, she begins to occupy their time with a staredown contest of wills. Hands clasped behind her back as she made disapproving noises when they tried to get too far away. Every now and then Arianna peeks over to the battle, trying to see if everything is going as well it can be. The sounds of battle made her a bit unsure, but the warriors who were fighting to free the captives were exceptional, Calarian spoke the truth when he said the best of the Compact. Each of them was skilled beyond compare and her thoughts and prayers were with them. Turning back to the dogs, which Ari realizes weren't wolves at all! She begins to whistle and walk away from the encampment, drawing them further and further away into the treeline. Prayers were offered in supplication and thanks.

---Prisoners---
%TClara doesn't wait for the sword and she does listen to Calarian but she takes that stone and she starts bashing the man's head in until she is sure he isn't going to move again. "I'll be better off with that sword than the rock." She declares getting up to hand to offer Eilonwy the bloody rock in exchange for the sword.

---Prisoners---
    Khanne starts to rise to her feet. She is slow, but she manages... eventually. She looks to Calarian, then down to herself as if looking for what she can use as a weapon. She isn't sure what she can do at the moment, but she nods in agreement. "Yes. We all make it out of here. We aren't leaving anyone behind." She looks to the Prince. "Anyone."

With Shard at the head, the Valorous Few riders suddenly change direction, circling sharply back around toward the front of the camp, even as they unleash a volley of arrows on their pursuers. Most of the shots go wide, but Shard's strikes one of the riders, and Arianna can see Tel take out his target as well. Another falls, though that shot just barely makes it. The Few let out a raucous, noisy scream of triumph, and not a few vulgar cheers, as they thunder back toward the encampment. It's all still a mixture of various Shav'arvani dialects.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 29 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 31 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 66 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 42 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 22 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 58 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 27 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 46 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 27 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 34 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 40 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 44 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 61 higher.

---Prisoners---
    Khanne then looks at Clara bashing the unconcious guy's head in. She blinks, but says nothing.

Merek checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 18 higher.

---Prisoner: Ailith finishes the last knot on the guard before rolling him aside to clear the entry. "Eilonwy, have you killed a man before? If you haven't, give--" And Clara works on the exchange to which the Seraph nods in agreement. Best spare the woman. She leans a tad to the doorway, listening. "No one is coming, yet." She seems set with the plan to wait this out.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 47 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 27 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 54 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 44 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 28 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 34 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 15 higher.

The leader and his archer girlfriend head toward Luca and Merek. They are going to join the fight soon.

---Prisoner---
    Handing the sword to Clara, Eilonwy looks to Ailith. "Killing wolves is easier than killing a man." She says softly. She presses her lips together and looks to the others. Now that they're free she can see to them with the cloak shreds from Ailith's poor cloak.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 13 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 55 higher.

Sparte continues to dance and circle the tree. He fells another of the riders, letting the horses sort themselves out and escape the chaos once they realize they need not be in it anymore. The hounds he kicks and slaps away with his weapon, what had been calm snow slowly being churned into a red mush. All around the same tree, and while he chants those same refrains of apology and sorrow for bloodshed within the forest.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 16 higher.

---Prisoners---
%TClara takes the sword but she doesn't say why she made sure the guy was dead. Either way he is dead now and she has that sword in her hand. "What now?" She looks to Calarian for the answer.

Sparte is now up against five dogs and eight men. The leader and his girlfriend are getting ready to encourage Merek and Luca. They have only two guards left on them. The archers are firing at everyone they can find. Five dogs left the camp with Arianna. The guard in the hut is dead. The few other guards left in the camp, also start toward Merek and Luca.

---Prisoner: Calarian has this studious expression when Clara begins to see how the inside of the guy's head looks. "That wasn't necessary," he notes, though his tone suggests he's not too worried. "No," he agrees with Khanne aside, "not anyone, indeed. We are going to make it out alive." To Clara, he answers, "We wait. If they win the fight, they will come here. If they lose the fight, we're going to make sure this hut kills at least five before they're getting to us."

Luca checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 40, rolling 4 lower.

Merek checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 33 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 19 higher.

Shard has rolled a critical success!
Shard checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 96 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 3 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 6 higher.

---Prisoner: Ailith nods solemnly to Eilonwy. "Stitching them up is easier." The present plan is met with a flick of her eyes. "Agreed. As they say in the King's Own, don't be stupid. Either outcome still grants us the advantage by waiting here and listening." She strings another length of rope between her hands before glancing back at the others.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + medium wpn(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 16 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + medium wpn(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 4 lower.

    Merek takes a moment to parry one strike coming at him, and then watches as Luca moves to take on the leader and wonders where his woman will come. He looks ready to fight the woman and makes a taunting motion at her. He then sweeps his clawed glove to take a Shav'Arvani and then slides his blade clean through, flames flickering, then relighting as the oil catches once pulled out, lowering him, "Sleep in the Queen's Embrace," he states, as he swivels around to dodge a few arrows coming at him, leaping back, then to the side, then backs up once more. He then calls to the hut, "We're clearing them out, sound off if you need us in there, we have them harried!" Definitely Merek for those that know him.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + medium wpn(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 3 higher.

"More incoming!" Luca's sighing out almost joyful-sounding as warning to Merek, faking out one of the pair of remaining guards who were at the hut and watched their friends being slaughtered, only to slide past him and make a rush towards the big horny leader, his battle-calm giving way to eagerness in almost feral grin as he declares. "When I cut your head off, maybe these idiots will all realize the Horny way is a stupid one!" And with that, Luca's brilliant gleaming blades are going to work trying to do just that! And for the second bloody time in this accursed mission to the forest, Luca's MISSING!!! In this case, laying a strike meant for throat that the leader of the shavs bends out of way of with almost inhuman ease. "Well at least you're making it interesting for me!" Luca declares as if he totally meant to do that, but he's circling now, reading his enemy, trying to get a better feel for his openings.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 49 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 44 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 31 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 38 higher.

Sparte has rolled a critical success!
Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 75 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 14 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 11 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 29 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 38 higher.

Sparte has rolled a critical success!
Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 155 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 12 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 39 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 40, rolling 7 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 21 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 45 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 39 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 60 higher.

---Prisoners---
%TClara looks back down at the dead guy then and she looks back up to Calarian. "He could have gotten back up and attacked us again." And there it was, her reason for killing the man. Their security. She doesn't look happy she did it, in fact she looks rather horrified at the sight of the dead man but that was her reason, why she made the call. "I am one of the guards on this mission. It is my job to protect you the best I can while you are with me." Another simple explaination. She then starts to drag the man out of the way of the door before she waits off to the side for another to enter.

Merek has rolled a critical success!
Merek checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 40, rolling 54 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 23 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 13 higher.

The Valorous Few tear into the front of the camp, whooping like madmen. Arrows and swords cut into the men that were chasing them, before horses trample the Abandoned under hoof. Once inside the camp they spread out in a line, and Shard looses an arrow fast and hard into one of the archers in the trees. It takes him through the chest and halfway out the back, and he topples from his perch, landing in the midst of the battle going on between Luca, Merek, and the Abandoned leader. /Crunch/. Arrows come at her, but a quick jerk of the reins has them planting into the ground just left of her horse, taking a little bit of horse hair with them.

With another fell and sure strike, Sparte leaves a third horse riderless. At this point the chaos around the tree where Sparte is starts to correct itself. The dogs fall into a pack, the shavs realize they need to fan out and close Sparte off, and they try to come at him with better tactics. It is around the time Sparte uses the bootknife he stuck into the tree as leverage to leap over their attempt at pinning him that it becomes clear how badly they're outclasses. His sword whips around as he lands, cleanly severing two heads from shav necks and spilling yet more blood into the soil. Still Sparte chants his apologetic refrain. "Petrichor, Petrichor, please forgive our trespass. Lagoma's light, come on quicker, and wash away our shame. Jayus we give this song, though it is bent in the wrong places..." All captured within the flickering of the nearby lantern light.

Sparte is up against five dogs and five men now. He managed to kill two of the men while they were attacking him, because Sparte is nothing short of amazing right now. If anyone lives through that fight, they talk about how they were up against a god. Shard zooms around the camp, her archers and herself taking out over half of the archers in trees even while evading arrows themselves. The ground in the hut remains there for now. Mere and Luca up against the leader, his girlfriend and about six other guards. Arianna is still gone with five of the dogs.

Merek checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 40, rolling 30 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 40, rolling 15 higher.

---Prisoners---
    Khanne seems to be in shock a little, leaning against the wall, waiting. her eyes try to focus, but she seems to be having trouble, if her blinking often is anything to go by.

Sparte checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 21 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 13 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 3 lower.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 8 lower.

    Merek takes a moment to call to the hut again, "Let me deal with these bastards," he calls out, before he takes a moment to turn around. Just as he does, he sees that the Shav'Arvani woman has a bow pointed at him. Just as she takes a shot at him he seems guided, almost by something amazing, as he sweeps around, spins, and then his clawed glove curls as the arrow whistles, then with a shift of his body and a spin he snatches the arrow OUT OF THE AIR, and then spins his way over to the woman before he slams the same arrow into her shoulder, and then shoves his blade into her midsection, "Queen's Embrace guide you on the Wheel," he offers, then shifts back.

---Prisoner: Calarian gives a rather simple nod to Clara. "You're doing your job, my lady," he voices aside to her in a lower tone of voice, as if trying not to draw the attention of the guards. For him, he's standing against the opposite wall of the door. He's no warrior, so his role as a distraction is well embraced. He looks aside to Khanne and whispers something.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 15 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 15 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 13 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 29 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 22 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 31 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 45 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 40 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 25, rolling 47 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 20 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 25 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 16 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 41 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 43 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 9 higher.

Luca's steadily walking the circle around the leader of the shavs, seemingly not paying the least attention to the others closing ranks, or the archers taking aim. Yet for all he never takes his eyes or his smile off the leader, he is never touched by the attacks aimed at him, always ducking just faintly out of the way, deflecting blades with almost casual disregard in spinning blocks. And then he's moving, diving straight forward in a blur to strike, not a fatal cut, but a blood one, along the inside of the leader's thigh ENTIRELY too close that sword he was trying to get wet earlier with his flirting. Meant clearly to startle him. Even doing so, he's nodding to the man for his slight challenge, and calling out over shoulder. "Shard. Send some for Spar. Kid's probably off having a ball with them, but still! This fucker is going to die shortly, and the rest of these idiots are going to surrender!" Confident much?

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 40, rolling 9 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 29 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 26 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 44 higher.

---Prisoner---
    Watches Khanne with concern. She murmurs prayers in the northern shav and listens to the battle around them. She holds the bloody rock tight, likely forgetting there's a dead man's blood on it.

"Archers with me," Shard shouts. "The rest of you lot, get to that hut!" She fixes another arrow to her string, ducking more retaliatory arrows from the trees, even as she fires upward, taking another archer down. The two archers with her fire as well, though their arrows clatter harmlessly off of the archery platforms instead of finding targets. The rest of the Valorous Few leap from their horses, various melee weapons waving, and charge across the encampment to join up with Luca and Merek, howling like particularly gleeful banshees.

Sparte checked intellect + animal ken at difficulty 20, rolling 2 lower.

Umbra have been dismissed.

The fight continues. Sparte is up against four men and five dogs. Luca and Merek are up against the leader and six guards. Two archers remain. The Valerous Few are getting ready to join the melee.

---Prisoners---
%TClara is shaking, she's cold, she's tired, and her head hurts... her every thing hurts... and the adrenaline is finally starting to wear off. She's quiet and she tries to stay focused because the first person that walks through that door is going to get a sword thrust in their general direction... unless they warned her first, of course.

---Prisoners---
    Khanne hears Calarian and nods, trying to offer a reassuring smile to Eilonwy.

Merek checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 41 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 40, rolling 3 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 19 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + medium wpn(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 10 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 33 higher.

    Once Merek stands up from the woman, he then catches the bow with his foot and rolls it towards the hut, noticing it is definitely not a Shav'Arvani bow. The man then sees three more come at him, and he spins around to dodge, parry, dodge, then he takes his blade and slices the head off one of the opponents with his diamondplate blade as the flames sizzle on it, almost out from the amount of blood mixing on it, so it looks like a smouldering dark blade with a hilt that has a nice sparkle. He motions to the next few, lifting his brow from beneath his hooded robe.

"Give up now and you might live through this!" Luca's proclaiming to the leader as he dances past more attacks with gleeful ease and takes another opening shot at the man, scoring a big bloody slice across the ugly bastard's chest, just barely too slow to take his heart. "Last chance! You're done for!"

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 14 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 5 lower.

Umbra have been dismissed.

---Prisoner: Ailith gently nudges Clara at the shoulder, murmuring low to the woman, before taking a step back. The wait works its way at her throbbing skull. Every now and again, she squints but remains focused and as sharp as possible. "In the day, I waited at a wall in its defense as hordes charged at dawn. Focus on your breathing. Remember your faith. Hear those outside coming. We'll make it through. We can stay steady," she encourages.

Three men and five dogs remain attacking Sparte. The leader and 3 guards are left alive against Luca, Merek and the Valerous few. All the archers are dead. Things are looking good in this battle now.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 24 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 25 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 37 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 19 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 45 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 16 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 25 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 42 higher.

---Prisoner: Calarian doesn't move. He listens and waits to the sound of combat outside. His eyes are too focused on the door.

Merek checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 13 higher.

Shard and Tel take out the remaining two archers, their bows firing in rapid succession. Shard lifts two fingers and points, gesturing both Tel and the other archer forward, before riding forward herself. Another arrow is nocked as she goes, bow half drawn and lifted. Meanwhile, the Few have quite literally crashed the party. They're nothing up against Luca and Merek's style, but if anything, they seem to be enjoying the contrast. Every move the two warriors make is met with overloud cheers and encouragement by the mercenaries, even as they tear into their own targets, with equal if not more amounts of jeering and insults for the Abandoned that continue to fall.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 40, rolling 11 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 20, rolling 47 higher.

Luca checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 40, rolling 15 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 40 higher.

---Prisoners---
%TClara looks to Ailith with thankful eyes as she listens to her whispered words. She nods her head a few times and reaches up with a shaking hand to wipe some of the blood, from her lip, away from chin. Her face is still swollen about her injury and it is clear she is probably going to need her lip stitched up later but the blood doesn't trickle too fast and the bleeding on her head has slowed. She swallows and the coughs but is otherwise silent while she continues to wait for the next person to come through that door.

Sparte checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 39 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 12 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 7 higher.

Shard GM Roll checked dex(3) + archery(3) at difficulty 30, rolling 0 higher.

    Merek takes a moment to dodge back and then sweeps out his blade to meet the Shav'Arvani and his weapon as he strikes to him. The man then drives the blade down the blade and slices the opponent's hand through, then he kicks them down before he lifts his weapon up and slams the blade downward into the guard. "Queen's Embrace guide your path," he states, as he stands up and looks to see the battle being finished. He then moves to the hut and opens it up. He likely should've said he was going to though.

Luca's down to almost being able to focus on the leader alone, sidestepping an attack of one of the remaining even as he deflects the leader's own strike upward with Viper's Fang, leaving the alaericite of Viper's Soul to whip in from the opposite side. The leader has a moment to realize what was about to happen. He starts to open his mouth and cry out hatefully...only to have that cry silence with a wet sound as gleaming blade cuts cleanly through, sending the head flying as Luca dances free another geyser of blood, calling out. "NOW LAY DOWN YOUR FUCKING ARMS YOU SAVAGE BLOODY IDIOTS OR END UP LIKE THIS!!!"

---Prisoner: Ailith disregards her own bleeding, too focused on what's going on. The door opens and immediately she's drawn into action -- rope ready to be sprung in fluid motion after any rock or sword attacks.

Clara checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 21 higher.

In the distance Sparte is fighting against two men and five dogs. The camp is filled with lots of bodies, but only Luca, Merek and the Valerous Few are living. They just took down a small army. It is quite amazing and from a certain viewpoint rather scary as well.

Shard rides forward, bow draw, with an archer on either side of her. She looks at the one remaining man standing in this entire encampment, listens to Luca's demand, and then jerks her chin upward. Three arrows loose at once. All three hit their mark.

Merek takes moderate damage.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 24 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 7 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 26 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 15 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 11 higher.

Sparte has rolled a critical success!
Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 68 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 30, rolling 60 higher.

Sparte continues to thin the men, leaving bodies and blood amidst the snow. His boots have stained red, and the sanctity of the place where he stands is soiled. He isn't immune to fatigue. He has slowed as the combat went on, yet has managed to keep any of the shavs or their hounds from pinning him or landing blow to flesh. His voice has become more faint as he runs shorter on breathe, but the chant continues. Even as he trips one and impales them on a fallen ally's blade.

---Prisoners---
%TWhen the flap to the hut opens and no announcement of who is entering comes... Clara lifts the sword and with an angry cry she slashes out at poor Merek. She knew that face... so she pauses with a startled look when she draws it back up to strike again... She pauses that swing. "Shit!"

Sparte checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 35, rolling 22 higher.

Sparte drops a massive rubicund claymore with garnet inset guard.

Sparte wields Knothole Stave.

Merek checked composure at difficulty 15, rolling 4 lower.

Merek checked willpower at difficulty 10, rolling 5 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 34 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 27 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 23 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 22 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 12 higher.

Eilonwy gasps as someone comes through into the hut. She drops the rock-some defense she is. Recognizing the man though she cries out "Clara, no!" Scrambling, she'll lunge in to help Merek, batting at the sword with a bare hand.

Sparte checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 35, rolling 10 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 18 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 32 higher.

Sparte has rolled a critical success!
Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 68 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 14 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 35, rolling 20 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 23 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 26 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 40, rolling 19 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 29 higher.

Sparte checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 40, rolling 20 higher.

    Merek blinks a bit as he is struck with the blade. His leathers are quite protective, but it manages to cut his midsection and he winces a bit as blood pools at the place it hit. He isn't as well composed as he does flinch back and hefts up his blade which has smoke on it and holds it up as if to block another blow. He doesn't strike back, "Ow, I should've announced myself, sorry about that... The camp's cleared out. Sparte's off with about fifteen opponents, but I trust him to be back soon." He looks at those there, "One of you have a bow that a Shav took? I placed it next to the hut so it wouldn't get broke in the battle."

Calarian checked composure + performance at difficulty 15, rolling 4 higher.

Khanne has been struggling to stay alert, murmuring to herself her sentiments to the Spirits, just to stay awake, leaning against the wall, waiting. It seems the hit to her already contussed head is doing its best to try to get her down, but she's fighting it. The door opens an Clara attacks. Khanne's eyes open. She doesn't really know the man, but she's seen him in town. She gives clara a... look. Eyebrows arched, curious... like she's trying to figure out the woman's rage.

Luca, having left the rescue for others, comes out into the snows carrying a severed human head, looking for Sparte, only to lean against a tree and watch the last of that fighting, an eyebrow arched for the circle of bodies around the guardsman and a snort escaping him. "You learned well enough I suppose, kid. Good job." And with that, he turns to stroll back towards the camp and see how things all fell out.

---Prisoner: Calarian doesn't move yet, not even when Merek is striked on the midsection. It is when he realizes it is an ally, that he seems to let his shoulders sink slightly. "You need a physician," he notes of Merek as if it was a fact, giving a tilt of his head towards Clara next to him. His attention turns to Ailith, Eilonwy and Khanne. "Are you all alright?" he wonders as he starts to hint the weariness these days have brought: his swollen eye from the injuries is mirrored by sleepless bags under his other eye. He turns his attention to Khanne, trying to help her with a right arm. "It's alright, my lady, it is all done," he tries to reassure. In his exhaustion, his tone comes slightly detached and emotionless. Though his usual tone is like that.

Shard watches Luca sever that head without comment, although her expression is decidedly dark now that all the fighting is done. She's alone in that regard among the Valorous Few though. They're laughing and slapping each other on the back, already recounting their favorite parts of the fight. Only Tel has yet to join them, and he's who she turns to. "Do a count," she says to the archer. "All of ours and all of theirs. Make sure none of them are still standing. See if Arianna is still anywhere near the damned camp."

%TClara lets Eilonwy bat the sword away from her. "Its over?" She repeats with a hopeful look and then as that sinks in the battered woman looks to Merek's wound. "I am so sorry... Ailith... can you?" She nods to the man's wound and then sits down on the ground. "They took all our weapons. "Her bow, me bow an' axe." She leans her back against the inside of the hut and closes her eyes.

Sparte leaves his blade impaling the last shav, taking the time to draw his stave and cudgel the hounds senseless. The shavs know better, but animals? Maybe they arn't tainted yet. Looking at his handiwork Sparte sighs, wiping his weapons clean and taking a moment to say a prayer. "Tehom, the blood of fools is here spilt. They ended their lives in folly, please guide them to Death's embrace. Petrichor, I have soiled your forest. I offer my blade upon this tree to mark the violence, and pray the tree stays pure." Sparte reaches into his backpack, finding a length of rope with which to tie off the legs of the hounds. The bodies he leaves to the wildlife, but the hounds he drags through the snow with him towards the camp. Step by bloody step.

Sparte picks up a massive rubicund claymore with garnet inset guard.

---Prisoner: Ailith quickly digs in her heels. The call by Eilonwy and seeing Merek's face causes brief shock. "Of all the--" The sword strikes. Immediately, she drops the rope and works with Clara to attend to the man. "Master Merek, you're a sight for sore eyes even if you're bleeding all over us." To Calarian, she responds. "We'll worry about it when we're at camp. His is more serious." Healers. The hardest to convince to rest and get tended!

Khanne looks up to Calarian and nods, leaning against his good side wearily. "Thank you..." she says to pretty much all who can hear her, and then to Clara's words, a small nod. "I need to find my shit..." She

Almost as if she heard her name, the young woman pops out of some bushes nearby. Brushing off a bit of snow and dead leafs. Perhaps she had fallen, perhaps she had been playing with the puppies. What remains to be said, is that she is in one piece. A bright smile is offered to everything then. "Good Gods that was a challenge. I'm...glad to see everyone made it safely. Bravo Shard." A nod of approval was given to the Vice-Captain before she went around to check on everyone else. Embracing the captives warmly,"Everyone's in one piece. Good. Good." Clearing her throat she saunters over to Sparte,"I saw you back there and I have to say...that was beyond impressive. Are you a Disciple of Gloria?" She will engage the man in a long conversation about sword techniques and his method while they walk back to the camp.

    "Sure, I brought my own healing supplies and then some, so feel free to check it out," Merek states, still with a wince, then he motions to them, "Come on, fresh air will do you well," he offers to them all. He steps out and should Sparte arrive he lifts a hand to wave to him, "Knew you'd be alright." Back to Clara, "Don't worry about it," he states, "You did what you thought was right. Nice skill. Wanna learn more I can help teach you sometime." To Ailith, "Good to see you Seraph. I came late to the party here, but I'd heard there was need for folk."

The battle is over? Eilonwy lets out a breath. "Good thing all the healers are here." She murmurs and starts to tear at her chemise, wiggling it free from under her corset to make more bandages for Merek and the others at least until they get to camp for proper tending. She makes a pad and ties it tight against Merek's wound before looking to the others. "I want my knife back too." She adds.

Khanne checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 20, rolling 11 higher.

"We can tend to him and the rest who were also injured, Seraph Ailith," Calarian offers, though what ever debate he's going to put on that is surprisingly dropped. The reason is anyone's guess, though one might hint his half-battered face has a motive in that. He tries to help Khanne outside and, when it is time, go back to the camp.

Shard eyes Sparte when he returns like someone eyes--well, the description is hard to match. There's no fury there, but there's a coldness to her gaze that can't really be met. Arianna gets a single nod, but it's a distracted one.



Back to list