Skip to main content.

Written By Joscelin

May 29, 2018, 11:16 p.m.(11/15/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Luca

You can just -ask- me for a hug you know. Or not. And just hug me in public like a normal person instead of in the middle of supply negotiations.

Written By Monique

May 29, 2018, 9:53 p.m.(11/15/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Percephon

I think we both know the answer to that already, my friend. For both of us.But which is more useful, really, intelligence or wisdom?

Written By Percephon

May 29, 2018, 9:32 p.m.(11/15/1008 AR)

I am afflicted with an addiction of curiosity. Whether because of a justifiable need to learn during those long days spend indoors or as an act of deliberate rebellion. No matter the motivation, I discovered that the addiction to pursue information - knowledge in all forms - relieved more than the just the physical pain of being ill. Soothed the emotional strain of being a constant disappointment. It provided purpose. Stimulated a mind that would have gone fallow and useless otherwise. Allowed me to felt free of the loneliness, discouragement, boredom. But because life is full of these conditions that prompt these kinds of feelings, I resort more and more often to my addiction. I wonder, when my limits present themselves -- will I be self-aware enough to resist or abstain on my own?

Written By Gwenna

May 29, 2018, 8:08 p.m.(11/15/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Seax

From both what I have heard as well as what I have seen myself of just a few of your actions, it is well deserved, my lord.

Written By Seax

May 29, 2018, 7:49 p.m.(11/15/1008 AR)

11/15/1008 AR

A quiet Autumn's day.

I am now the protege of Darren Redrain, Prince of Farhaven, Highlord of the Northlands, my liege, my patron, my brother in arms.

The old spirits bless me.

Written By Rosalind

May 29, 2018, 7:40 p.m.(11/15/1008 AR)

I love it. I really love it.

This bow is far lovelier than I could have imagined it might be. And she handles beautifully in my hand. I tried her out in his shop, and afterwards, I went out into the woods to test her out a little more.

I will have to make sure he gets business from anyone who wishes a new weapon from the family!

Written By Mercedes

May 29, 2018, 6:43 p.m.(11/15/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Faye

I'm holding you to that, friend.

I look forward to your return. Safe travels.

Written By Faye

May 29, 2018, 6:22 p.m.(11/15/1008 AR)

There. Updated my blacks with a new will. Should I not return alive from this journey, I request that single entry be released to the Master of Questions.

That said, I fully intend to return, because I promised my dear friend Dame Mercedes that we would sit down and catch up once I got back.

Written By Mirari

May 29, 2018, 3 p.m.(11/15/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Roxana

You're delightfully evil.

I have tea waiting for you, by the way. Come visit.

Written By Roxana

May 29, 2018, 2:42 p.m.(11/14/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Eirene

Congratulations on bestowing upon me more nieces and nephews to spoil!

I will make sure I am their favorite Auntie. The competition isn't stiff unless there's some others on Cicero's side.

I love you! You'll be fine.

Remember this is what hired help is for. No I will not babysit, but I will come over and drink wine after you've put them to bed.

Written By Roxana

May 29, 2018, 2:40 p.m.(11/14/1008 AR)

Why is everyone writing their wills? I feel like there is something going on that I do not know about.

If I die, everything I have including all outstanding debts, any friends and enemies I might have acquired, and a lot of pink dresses go to my sister Eirene.

If she doesn't wear them its because she does not miss me and people should feel free to make her feel terrible about it.

Written By Sabella

May 29, 2018, 1:27 p.m.(11/14/1008 AR)

Scholar Oswyn assures me he has not lost his fine ear for punctuation and has been saving all the exclamation points for me!

Written By Sparte

May 29, 2018, 1:03 p.m.(11/14/1008 AR)

Two of the senior members of the Iron Guard and various other important people around Arx are all leaving on a vacation. I understand several are leaving last wills in case they don't return.

I will be quite cross with all of those leaving if they don't make it back. I wish them safe travels, fair winds, and a wonderful story to bring back.

Written By Fredrik

May 29, 2018, 11:52 a.m.(11/14/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Karadoc

From: The Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: Vagueness

I'll do on better:

Okay, but just for a night or two.
She'll know what I mean.

Written By Karadoc

May 29, 2018, 11:34 a.m.(11/14/1008 AR)

Want vague? No? Here's vague:

Don't tempt me.

[ Edited to add: ]

Gods forbid it, but on occassion of brave Dame Leola's passing, I will plan to erect a green-veined white marble statue. It will be of the good Paladin of Groves, the Knight of Southport, the loyal Disciple of Petrichor, and the best protege ever - that will stand in the Saik gardens along with the rest of our House. She will be memorialized with her faithful steed and hawk.

In 1:16 scale.

Written By Quenia

May 29, 2018, 11:28 a.m.(11/14/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Signe

I would say it depends on the dream, and how much it stuck with you. And, whether or not it's relevant to anything. Dreams are tricky bastards, that sometimes make you curse them as much as you love to have them.

Written By Leola

May 29, 2018, 11:20 a.m.(11/14/1008 AR)

Please find enclosed my will, such as it is

- the Crimson Seed, the alaricite bow gifted by the Nox'alfar, is to be returned to the Faith who placed it in my keeping
- my armor and spear, the golden horn, and my books, are the property of the Lodge of Petrichor
- If allowed, Aletta, my hawk, be given leave to remain at the Lodge in peace, for the rest of her days
- The rest of my goods - my horse, my clothes, my accounts - are properly the property of the family Saik, and I ask them to dispose of them as they best see fit, for Lord Karadoc and Baroness-Regent Lucita Saiks to have that final word.
- I do not ask any of my black journals be released
- Should my body be returned to the Compact, I do not seek any burial beyond that fitting a vassal of Saik.

This is all I can ask for

Written By Lou

May 29, 2018, 11:11 a.m.(11/14/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Eirene

I can attest from experience that having children doesn't make you predisposed to like people. Rather, it might make you predisposed to dislike them more -- because now you have to worry about other people around your children. However, you /might/ soften when around your own kids, somewhat. But only somewhat. You'll still have your hard, crusty edge otherwise, promise!

Written By Eirene

May 29, 2018, 10:11 a.m.(11/14/1008 AR)

Any woman who enjoys having kids is mentally questionable. That was the most obnoxious painful inane experience of my life.

I am now a mommy. They're tiny and noisy and somewhat adorable when asleep. Which is not often. Idris and Iris, born November 5th. I had picked out both names thinking I would have one or the other but not both.

Screw you, Cicero. For not being here to see your babies because you were an idiot to leave the sanctuary for my sake. I'll have to settle for a statue and say, 'There's daddy. Now listen to your mum when she tells you about evil things that want you dead.'

And I'm vastly amused by the lack of 'Oh how WONDERFUL for you' I get. Other women pop out kids and people are falling all over themselves to congratulate them. Guess this is what you get for being a curmudgeon.

Written By Morrighan

May 29, 2018, 10:09 a.m.(11/14/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

Casks, was it? From Whitehold? Sounds like I need to plan a raid.

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry