Skip to main content.

Siege of Mission Camp

The Grayson Mission Camp is under siege! All on the mission are welcome. This might be a large and chaotic scene. It is optional and anyone not there can be assumed to be helping defend. Thanks Cal for running this!

Date

Sept. 9, 2017, 6 p.m.

Hosted By

Reese

GM'd By

Calarian

Participants

Margot Alistair Aislin Khanne Lou Reese Killian Merek Mia Esoka Sparte Estaban Calarian Eilonwy Alexis Shard Clara

Location

Outside Arx - Gray Forest - Grayson Camp

Largesse Level

Small

Comments and Log


Calarian has left the a canvas pavilion tent with a mountain scene painted on the front flaps.

Merek has left the A Medium Tent Made With Black Linen.

Khanne has left the a canvas pavilion tent with a mountain scene painted on the front flaps.

The war-camp is going on about their daily routines as usual, with warriors gathered about the camp-fire and some others within their tent. It is the evening, so many of the members of the expedition are eating and many are even sleeping. With no expeditions yet, after the havoc of late, the expedition is taking some time to rest. That is until the sounds come. Almost as if it was an army of mounted soldiers, with the horses stomping in unison, the sound comes from the north. All view is blocked by the trees that surround them so, but it starts to grow louder and louder with every passing moment.

    Merek has on his robe with a cape that has the sigil of Fidante upon it, while he seems to be dressed up for battle as usual. He was within his tent though and takes a moment to step out with his crossbow on his back and sword at his hip. "What's that noise?" he asks, while he frowns a bit, and looks around.

Reese is sitting by the campfire while cradling a mug of tea. She is bundled up for winter and is not in her armor. Upon hearing the noise of mounted warriors, she is quick to rise to her booted feet. "I don't know." She says toward Mere, sounding concerned and hopeful at the same time. She reaches to draw her pink silvery blade just in case.

at the siege camp, Alexis furrows her brow, rising, adjusting the last few pieces of her armour. "A large company arriving." She speculates, drawing the Dragon's Daughter, hefting the alaricite greatsword over her shoulder, and with a clink of her mail, moving closer to Khanne. "Are we expecting anyone?" She asks of the Northern lady.

Shard is at the Valorous Few campfire, going over a few things with two other mercenaries when the sounds reach the camp. Her head jerks up at the sound, and she mutters something low and sharp to the two men she was talking to. They vanish into the tents, but there's sounds of activity inside--perhaps they're walking up the others. For her part, she moves quickly toward the center of the camp, at a near jog. "Reese!" She calls. No titles, Shard's not terribly good at that.

Margot is pulled out of her reverie by the strange sound. She blinks one, not even entirely shure if she heard it at first ad the looks northwards. She pushes herself up to her feet, frowning a little.

Estaban looks up he had been writting some things on parchment near the camp fire, he looks to Reese and Merek heading for the Crovane tent putting his things inside well kinda chucking them in and moves a hand up to grip his bow. "Not good." he states his eyes glance around.

Esoka is parked by the same campfire as Reese, making short work of a dinner of rabbit. Enjoying a moment of relaxation, though the sounds from the north break through that. Her posture stiffens and she sweeps a look about, for instruction or further word on what comes toward them.

Sparte finds himself trying to make sense out of map notes in the Iron Guard tent. A few of the maps shared with him just don't seem to make sense when put together. At the sound coming from the north he sets down the notes, looking hopeful as he comes out of the tent. "Did another group rescue some shavs?" He doesn't rush out just yet, waiting to see what is going on.

At the campfire, Khanne looks over to Alexis and shakes her head. "Not.. that I am aware of." She squints mist-grey eyes towards the direction of the noise, Standing and reaching for her bow, slinging it over her shoulder.. just in case.

Killian emerges from his own tent as well, in the leather and furs he's been wearing since nearly freezing to death at the beginning of this misadventure. He's heading quickly towards the center of camp with a worried, "We're not close enough to the mountains for it to be an avalanche, but if it's horses we've got a lot of incoming." He moves right to Reeses side, his hands going back to loosen his blades in their sheaths.

The first line of attackers come. A group of deer is running at a wild pace, skipping over natural obstacles and stopping, full-black eyes going wild when they notice the Grayson Camp in the distance, rerouting quickly and fleeing in the direction of the south. The sound of monkeys wildly shouting at each other come from the distant trees, and the most observant might realize a couple of macaque are fleeing upon the trees, jumping and even rolling on the ground as if survival was the most important thing on their mind right now. It takes a few moments as a variety of forest animals continue. All the animals are shouting and screaming, avoiding the camp but finding a path around it. It takes a few moments before they seem to start to dissipate, though the occasional animal who was late to the party can be seen in the trees, trying to follow behind the escaping party.

Aislin checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 15, rolling 4 higher.

Alexis checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 15, rolling 4 lower.

Khanne checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 15, rolling 22 higher.

Margot checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 15, rolling 2 lower.

Shard checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 15, rolling 3 lower.

Killian checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 15, rolling 5 higher.

Aislin steps out of her tent just in time to see the horde of animals part around the camp. "Well," she remarks after a moment. "/That/ probably isn't good."

Merek checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 15, rolling 18 higher.

Estaban checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Reese checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 15, rolling 3 higher.

Esoka checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 15, rolling 12 higher.

Sparte checked perception + animal ken at difficulty 15, rolling 5 higher.

Reese is on her feet with her sword drawn. She watches as the animals swarm around and looks over to Killian with concern. She then turns to Aislin. "Yeah, this doesn't seem good." She agrees.

"Tel!" Shard shouts over her shoulder as she unslings her bow. "Get everyone out here now, we've got incoming!"

Khanne wields flame of refuge among the darkness recurve bow.

Killian looks around at the animals skirting around the camp, then back towards Reese. "You better get everyone up, somethings coming!" He calls out loudly, drawing his swords. "Northwest side of camp, we need to form up a line of defense before whatever it is is in the camp!" and then he's rushing off towards the northwest edge of the camp.

Killian wields Bringer of Dawn, a shimmering alaricite long sword.

Shard wields a largely unremarkable rubicund longbow.

    Merek takes a moment to draw out his sword and looks north then northwest, "I think we've got flankers," he states, while the diamondplate flashes in the night. He then pours some oil on some fabric he wraps around his blade, and prepares it. He takes his time to fix it up, until he shifts a striker and then points north a bit, "Seems there's something north too." The blade is made to light up with a natural flame through alchemical process, while he shifts a bit.

Merek wields Diamond Nightsong.

Sparte lets out a long sigh as he goes back into his tent. It takes a few moments for him to reappear, stave at the ready and with his leather helmet swapped out for his rubicund one. He marches towards the northwest edge of the camp, falling in next to Killian. "On your left, sir."

Alexis wields The Dragon's Daughter, an Alaricite Greatsword.

Margot does not have the sort of reflexes many do, she does't immediately grab a weapon when thigs go wrong, it's sonly when she notices those around her pulling at thier bows that she eases her axe off her belt, a uncertainly, stepping towards the middle of camp and away from the edges.

Margot wields fire and water, single bladed rubicund axe.

Estaban wields Wither.

Esoka stands, plucking her helmet up from the side of the fire and tucking it over her dark curls. It strikes her as prudent, in the face of thundering oncomers. Her gaze sweeps this way and that at the rush of animals past the camp, and her eyes strain toward the area they were fleeing from. "Something northwest of our position spooked them, I think, your highness," she says to Reese. A frown, at the reports from the others, and she pats the hilt of her sword.

Esoka wields River's Heart.

At the campfire, Khanne reaches for an arrow, holding it at her side with her bow for now. "This is definitely something bad... Animals don't usually run like that from most things... and I don't smell forest fire..." She inhales deeply as if to check her statement.

Reese wields Devotion, a silvery pink alaricite short sword.

at the siege camp, Alexis blinks, overwhelmed and a little confused by the mass amounts of animals. "You'd know better than me," She admits. "I'm with you, my lady. But I expect we ought to follow Lord Killian and such - ready the line of defense, as he says."

A messenger arrives, delivering a message to Clara before departing.

Aislin draws her own sword as well, calling out to the Ashford rangers as she does, "Vista Glades! Join up with Lord Killian!" Since he's the better combatant compared to her training as a scout, it seems the Ashford Voice is willing to turn the troops over to her cousin for this particular encounter.

Estabanpulls his bow spinning to look in the direction of northwest, "We have incoming animals seem to be fleeing from the northwest direction!" he has bow nocked and reading pointing in the direction.

Reese starts gather up the Grayson troops who are about, getting them into an defensive line and getting ready to command them. She looks over the camp checking to see where the diplomats are. "Protect Duchess Margot." She calls out people in the camp.

Reese checked intellect + war at difficulty 15, rolling 37 higher.

After the brief stampede, there doesn't seem to be any other sounds coming other than the alarm of the occasional animal. They don't stop fleeing, not ever. It is just that the main party was probably the biggest assortment of animals, as if something had scared them at the same time. The party waits, formed in defense behind the rest of the soldiers. However long they wait, they are not finding anything coming their way after the animals.

Killian gets passed the command of the rangers and grumbles, but looks back, "You three, with Aislin, you'll answer to me if she's harmed!" he snaps at a trio, "the rest of you to the back!" He spins to spot Reese, "Reese! The supply wagons that are emptied, we can use them as barricades and to give our archers elevation to shoot over the front lines!"

Reese looks over to Killian, giving him a nod. "Good call, Lord Killian." She says and sends Grayson warriors to start doing that. She then ends off a few (hopefully) quiet scouts to go check things out.

Merek checked stamina + alchemy at difficulty 15, rolling 19 higher.

At the campfire, Khanne closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath, exhaling so slowly she seems to be standing still. She stays like this for a long time, breathing in once more.. and out. After a moment, she hold out her free hand, as if to catch her balance, eyes opening. "I don't know what... but something... something is angry." She looks to Alexis, who is likely closest to her. "Do you feel the ground trembling?"

Sparte leans on his staff as he watches the distance, glancing over to Killian as they wait. "Any orders for me, sir? Or shall I just keep your back?"

Reese notices Sparte. "Oh, you protect, Duchess Margot." She says, realizing that he is here.

As people start to build up defenses, Merek takes a moment to look around, "I'm going to get something!" he exclaims. He comes back with a few buckets and he mixes some things in them, it all looks a little bit oily. "Make sure those defenses aren't built too close to the tree line!" Whatever makeshift picket folk build up he tosses the buckets on in a line, of glistening oil. He backs up and keeps his lit blade from it.

Reese looks hopefully over to Shard. 'Do you mind taking a look, Mistress Shard?" She asks. She seems to feel bad for asking. That is dangerous after all.

On the front line, Killian had just turned to Sparte to say something and grins, "sounds like General Ribbons has plans for you lad, stay safe," he says cheerfully. He looks around and considers the terrain, moving to stand with whatever line is forming up.

at the siege camp, Alexis shakes her head to Khanne. Biting her lip, looking around. "I can't feel anything. Granted, there are thick soles on these boots." She notes, drily. Rolling her shoulder, sword resting at the ready. "I... Am concerned. Please stay close."

Reese looks over to Sparte. "Yes, also stay safe. Don't try any crazy heroics and get yourself killed."

At the siege camp, Esoka gets into action, moving to help move those empty supply wagons to create the barricades Killian ordered.

Shard has, by this point, got all of the Valorous Few up and ready. She gives Reese a dubious sort of nod, then gives Tel--the man she was calling to earlier--a two fingered gesture. "Get them lined up. Do what they tell you to, and try not to get yourselves all killed." She slings her bow back over one shoulder as she hops over some of the makeshift barricades that are going up, pulling her hood up as she goes.

Margot does not run towards danger, especially now that Reese has sent people to guard her that would be in danger too. She does run to the medical tent though, grabbing a handful of bandages to shove into her satchel.

Soldiers begin to push the wagons. It is going to take some time, but with Reese's expertise in war there are some men who are using shovels to make sure they are fixed in place, some are planking wood to them so that they are not easy to push. It isn't classy, but it might work. Some small openings are left for archers to fire through. It seems this won't be something fast, though -- and it will take some time.

On the front line, Sparte gives a salute to Reese and Killian before going off to find Margot. The medical tent is probably not the first place he'd look, but he'll find her eventually.

Shard slips into the evening gloom, moving northwest...hopefully as quietly as she can.

%TClara had been getting dressed for day when everything began. She was just pulling her leather pants onto her body when the first wave of attack hit. Topless she starts to move quicker, grabbing her leather tunic and slipping it on before grabbing her axe and making her way out of her tent. She lets her eyes scan for a moment, she checks on what is going on, and then she begins to runs over to Khanne and Alexis. She's still all bruised up from her last fight but she is more than capable of fighting again today. "Are you okay Khanne?"

Reese looks a bit nervously toward Shard, maybe nervous for her safety. She then turns her focus to Alexis, giving her a nod of approval as she seems to protect Khanne. She continues to direct her troops.

Reese gets a silvered breastplate from a dark leather backpack adorned with small violet roses.

Reese gets silvery steel vambraces and pauldrons from a dark leather backpack adorned with small violet roses.

Killian gets silver griffin pauldrons from Rugged Leather Backpack.

Killian gets silver griffin boots from Rugged Leather Backpack.

Killian gets silver griffin gauntlets from Rugged Leather Backpack.

Killian gets silver griffin breastplate from Rugged Leather Backpack.

Killian gets silver griffin helm from Rugged Leather Backpack.

Killian gets silver griffin pants from Rugged Leather Backpack.

Killian gets albino gator skin cloak from Rugged Leather Backpack.

Killian takes time to change into his armor.

Reese gets a silvered griffin helm from a dark leather backpack adorned with small violet roses.

Reese gets silvered steel gauntlets from a dark leather backpack adorned with small violet roses.

Reese puts silvered steel gauntlets in a dark leather backpack adorned with small violet roses.

Reese gets a regal cloak bearing the sigil of the Iron Guard from a dark leather backpack adorned with small violet roses.

Shard checked luck at difficulty 5, rolling 8 higher.

Reese gets silvery steel greaves from a dark leather backpack adorned with small violet roses.

Reese puts pink wool winter boots with fox fur and ribbons in a dark leather backpack adorned with small violet roses.

Reese gets silvered steel cuisses from a dark leather backpack adorned with small violet roses.

At the campfire, Khanne looks behind her when she hears her name, watching Clara run up. "So far," she says to the Crovane. Khanne is dressed in her leathers, but goes, "shit... Be right back." She runs to her tent and it isn't long before she returns with more leather on, a hood, cloak, gloves... and her tunic. "There is a fading bruise at her temple, but, she seems to move with enough ease to hint that her previous injuries are not stopping her today.

    Merek takes a moment to pull up his hood on the robes which he wears, then he takes his time to make sure that coating is all on the defenses. "Try not to get caught in this if we have to light it," he tells them. He then takes a moment to consider while he notices Clara and gives her a nod, "Ready to fight?" he asks, while he takes his time to drink from his flask, then he sighs. He moves to be with the frontline fighters. He then kneels to offer up prayers before the battle as well.

Reese copies Killian, because he is smart like that and she gets into her armor.

Margot leaves the medical tent, a few supplies added to her bag, "Um. Healers, we need to create a space thet's well defended for treating anyone injured."

At the front line, Killian quickly retreats from the front and runs back to his tent, already stripping out of his leathers and quickly inside. There's the sound of clanking and rustling, and a lot of muttered curses as his two attendants help him into his armor. He emerges long minutes later dressed in full plate once more, his helmet on but visor up as he rushes back to the line. "If there's a lot of them, this could be protracted!" he calls out, "Rangers, watch the flanks and watch for those trying to sneak into camp! Don't let them slip around us! Bring fire to the front, the dark is and cold are as much our enemy as whatever is coming!"

%TWith Khanne running off to get in the rest of her gear it appears Clara has enough time to get into hers as well. She makes her way back to her tent and quickly gets into her own. Once back she nods to Merek. "Ready as I'll ever be."

at the siege camp, Alexis gives a nod of greeting to Clara. "Well met again. You ready for this?" She inquires, with a quirk of her eyebrow as she looks over the bruises on the woman. Sticking close to Khanne for now, glancing over to the actual line of defenses, grimacing.

Surrounding the camp, the forest is now starting to grow into a nerve-wrecking calmness, though it hardly is so. There is something tense in the very few animals who keep going and, if one were to look into their eyes, their innocent nature has been breached... breached by something which has scared them to their most inner core -- as if they had seen Death firsthand and managed to escape, though it was chasing behind. The distant deer skips through trees and stones, head bobbing up and down.

At the war camp, the fortifications are still getting built. The havoc of building is the most prominent sound at the Grayson Camp, with some of the people following Margot's command to set up the medical area.

Meanwhile, Shard is heading in the direction of the fleeing animals. A frenzied snow sheep almost rams into Shard, but manages to find a new path in their quick flee. The further she goes, the tenser the area feels.

Once ordered, the rangers begin to dissipate, forming into small teams. Three are on Aislin, guarding the current heir. The rest move to the flanks of the forming line, vanishing into the tree line and up into the trees themselves, their bows out watching carefully for those who would try to skirt around the defensive line or sneak into the camp, signals being passed by whistles that would blend with the birds quite easily, were it not for the animals of the area having already fled.

    Merek finishes up the supplications, then he motions to Charles, and his two other Guards, which make three. "You all form a line with the others," he tells them, and then offers up, "Charles, help the archers." He whistles, "Aneka, form up ranks with me, Meeka move to assist the Duchess with the triage, make sure if anyone sneaks in the last thing they see is the ground as you drive your knife in their back." He then begins to finish up with the oil on the defenses as best he's able.

At the front line, the twelve Prodigals of the Valorous Few have set themselves up along the defender line. Only two are dedicated archers, Tel and one other, which are set behind the wagon barricades, waiting. There's tension among the mercenaries, but this only seems to have the effect of long periods of nervous silence punctuated by the occasional barbed calls to each other, often in various Shav dialects, of awful jokes or ridiculous dares. The result is occasional laughter or sudden shouting, which Tel either joins in on, or slaps down with an equally loud call for the crew to shut up.

Esoka is wearing that mix of steel breastplate and leather breeches she's favored in the Gray Forest. She checks in, briefly, at her tent to make sure the Riven countess is as out of harm's way as one can be right now. Then, she's back to putting her strength into helping with those barricades.

Surrounding the camp, the forest has fully grown calm as time ticks by. Soldiers keep working on those fortifications, on the medical camp, helping with the flammable oil of Merek, and nine archers have climbed to the surrounding trees at the northern horizon -- ready to fire at any incoming targets. The targets, however, don't come.

at the siege camp, Alexis takes time - what with the tense stand-off continuing - to start instructing people to make last-minute checks for pieces of armour that need mending or readying secondary weaponry by sharpening it, as well as reinforcing a few of the barricades by adding bands of metal at the seams where planks and wagons come together. Moving back and forth, and recruiting Esoka to help keep it all moving.

At the campfire, Khanne says to Alexis, "just tell me what you need me to do if you need me to do something. Otherwise, I will just try to my best at what I am able... I don't want to make your job too difficult. But I don't want to not do anything either." She looks around and notices Drysi lingering nearby. "Go help set up the triage. Stay out of danger and assist them however you can." A hand slips into one of her pouches and she touches a bit of ash to her forehead. "Spirits guide.." she whispers.

Margot feels better with something to do, and it probably also made her easier for Sparte to find. She gets in ad helps drag stuff around herself, not a healer but at least she has an idea of what will defend those who are being healed.

Aislin helps where she can with preparations, but -- being an explorer and scout by training -- half of her attention remains on the surrounding forests. Something about this feels deeply /wrong/, and it clearly has the Ashford woman on-edge.

Reese is among the main body of the Grayson troops and up toward the front of them. She is getting ready to fight.

Estaban blinks looking around as the forest grows quiet, he starts to shoftly whisper a prayer to Gloria as he stands waiting to aww if anything shows itself.

At the Triage Area, Sparte falls in to help Margot with her selected task, draging what furniture he can over from the nearby tents to stop arrows from piercing through to hit any wounded that may get moved there. It seems the Lagoma-marked medical tent was chosen, perhaps because it was already partially prepped for these things. "Wish the Seraph was with us to lead us in a bit of song, you know? Everyone getting all quiet and somber like this, my least favorite bit of these things." He looks over to Margot. "Remember those tricks I showed you, please."

Ten Grayson troops are archers and getting ready to use the new wall barricade as a staging ground. And forty ground troops are with reese in the camp forming a small infantry unit that she seems to be commanding.

At the siege camp, Esoka spots a motion from Alexis and grunts an affirmative to the Valardin woman, helping with her efforst to reinforce the barricade. "Gloria grant us courage," she murmurs simply as she works and readies herself.

The more time that passes, the more silent the forest grows. Now there are no animals fleeing. The forest has fully grown quiet, with the trees calmly shuffling with the wind. Shard has not returned yet, but these scouting expeditions do take some time.

At the front line, Killian stands with seven Ashford men at arms, the other few men at arms deployed to defend the triage. The Ashford rangers are in the treetops around the camp, watching and waiting, while three of their number stay close to Aislin and on constant guard. The Knight watches the silent forest, before crossing his blades in front of him and going very, very still, near silent prayers tumbling from his lips as his eyes close.

At the Triage Area, Margot smiles faintly to Sparte. "We can sing when everything's over. I am sorry that you're stuck baby sitting me when I am sure you would rather be fighting." She tells him as she knocks a table onto it's side providing a bit of cover and support to the tent's walls.

Reese looks off into the forest waiting for Shard, she seems concerned. She doesn't send anyone to check on her yet though.

at the siege camp, Alexis grins at Esoka as she finishes the last of her preparations. "Gloria be given cause to be proud of us today," She agreess. Raising a hand to Khanne in thanks, and giving a nod. "I think we can figure something out, Lady Khanne - and you're the boss - if you want to go somewhere, you let me know and I'll keep you safe."

Calarian GM Roll checked perception(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 10 lower.

At the front lines, Merek takes his time to move up and make sure that his blade keeps that alight flicker going, while he takes his time to flex his gloves a bit and then takes his time to shift his feet in while he waits. He keeps his gaze on the tree line, and throughout the night as long as he can he will keep his gaze ready, leaning on his blade hilt, a bit.

%T@ the front lines, Clara makes her way out and parks it next to Merek but she's silent. She's geared up now, bow in hand and axe at her side. She watches patiently and quietly.

At the Triage area, Sparte gives a glance off towards the Northwest before looking back to Margot with a smile. "I like fighting for something worthwhile, more than the fight itself. Good blood between Thrax and Grayson is pretty important." Sparte inclines his head to Margot. "They trusted me with that, so I plan to deliver. Don't apologize for making my job easier. Imagine if I had to protect Killian?"

It is definitely hard to sleep under these circumstances, but the personnel get into rotations. A third of the guards stay awake through the night, with the other two thirds taking their sleep after midnight has ticked and no more sounds come. Perhaps it was nothing but a stampede of animals. Perhaps there is no more danger. Dawn is coming close, and the guards report nothing yet. In the distance, however, Shard returns and the guards allow her inside.

Shard has been up all night, and, from the look of her, moving all night. She returns at a brisk jog, and her hair is damp with frosted sweat by the time she makes it back into camp, boots and gear muddied. She has to pause for a moment, hands on her knees, to catch her breath, but the first word out of her mouth is an incredulous, "/Hill/!" Breeeathe. "There's a fucking...moving stone hill out there...coming this way. It's knocking over trees like they're matchsticks. Looks like it's made of rock, wood, and mud. Big rock for a head. Even has pebble eyes. It's not moving fast but it'll be here soon."

Reese seems relieved when Shard returns and then she hears her words, she looks less relieved. She starts to wake up the sleeping guards, getting them into position.

At the triage area, Margot sleeps a little through the night though at one point she wakes up in a bit of panic, util she remembers where she is. Apparently 'under seige by shaves' is superior to where ever she thought she was. She makes sure that there are stashes of food and water in the medical tent, that the 'non combatants' are all focused in one central location.

At the campfire, Khanne would let Alexis sleep for a few hours, and would try to grab a bit herself, with the Grayson guards on alert and likely to wake either of them if necessary. Surely, the rest is not deep, but every bit may help when push comes to shove and energy is needed.

At the siege camp, Esoka took her turn in the watch rotation with the Grayson soldiers. She snatched some sleep at the beginning of the night but is up as dwn comes. She's standing near the barricade when Shard returns and reports. Jaw sets at mention of 'Stone hill', and she mutters something under her breath in Crownlands shav. Those who know the tongue would hear it as a blend of prayer and profanity that doesn't quite translate. She grunts and readies her blade. "Well."

At the triage area, Sparte has been just trying to keep morale up. He brewed some tea, made sure the supply of bandages is clean, tried and failed to lead people in a round of song. Eventually the lack of activity led to him sitting down, and dozing off. He is still asleep, drooling just a little from the corner of his mouth.

at the campfire, Alexis drinks a cup of warm cider, looking up as Shard returns. Exhaling softly, and furrowing her brow at the scout's message. "...Okay. I've never dealt with anything like that," She admits, looking to the Northerner beside her. "...Have you?"

    At the siege camp, "... Magic is it then?" Merek asks, while he frowns a bit, and then checks his blade for a moment. He takes his time to have his own guards awakened, while he takes up his position, and then looks at his blade. "Well, we're not giving them the camp, that's for sure. We've come too far," he mutters. He then takes a moment to consider his own options. "Jayus, blessed of craftsmen and intellectual creation , guide my blade as you have in many other battles before. The metal that flows throughout it has been in my hand for time and time again. Let my 'Sight' be clear that I might know where to strike, I offer up all preperations I've made and assisted in as a supplication to you... Answer my call in this time of need, strike a hammer from Elysia through the clouds and let my blade shine with the glory of your domain, I call upon thee," he draws his blade around in an artful pattern as he does so, smoothing his hand as though dancing with it in quick preperation, and then settling in.

At the sige camp, Merek's three Guardsmen and Aneka move up with him and form in the line alongside, with Charles then breaking off to move up and assist with archery, leaving three with him.

At the campfire, Khanne tilts her head, looking over to Shard. "Did you say... hill? Like... stone?" She blinks then. "I... well, it depends... Spirits, yes. Elementals... yes.... I am not sure if this is that..."

Merek checked mana + theology at difficulty 30, rolling 15 higher.

At the siege camp, Shard squints toward Merek, and then looks at Reese. "I know this might sound indelicate, considering, but I don't think trying to play immovable object with a literal hill is the best possible strategy."

Ten Grayson archers are behind the wagons. Forty Grayson troops are lined up formation inside the camp with Reese at their front. The Valerious few are with them for now, but Reese will give command back to Shard when she is ready.

%TAt the siege camp, Clara watches Merek as he prays to Jayus but she gives him space to do what he is doing. She doesn't pray herself, she doesn't well know the gods of the Pantheon, nonetheless she is respectful of Merek's time with his own faith. Its just that she looked on and listened curiously.

Reese looks toward Shard. "Good call." She says and then looks over toward warriors. She starts to dispersing them into mobile groups of five that are scattered about the camp. Hopefully they are ready to fight and move both.

At the front lines, Killian has napped near the fires only briefly through the night, returning often to watch and wait. The men-at-arms have taken it in turns to cycle sleeping, so that each has had at least a few hours. They keep at the ready, the majority ready on the front line. In the trees surrounding the camp, the Ashford Rangers have lashed themselves to the trees as needed to sleep, used to working individually or in small groups. At the sound of the returning Shard, Killian rises and heads towards the center, "Interesting.." he muses, walking over to listen to the discussion.

At the campfire, starts to walk around the camp, trying to stay out of the way of others that are preparing. She starts to gather stones and small rocks, slipping a number of them into her pouch as she goes.

At the front line, Aislin has joined her cousin and the Rangers after trying to grab a brief snippet of sleep. For all that Shard's report on what she's seen out there seems worrisome in the extreme, an end to /waiting/ makes the Ashford explorer almost seem to perk up. A monster to fight is better -- at least to her mind -- than just sitting and /wondering/ what's spooked all the wildlife. So she offers Killian a grim smile, as her hand tightens on the grip of her alaricite sword.

At the triage area, Margot makes sure there's grab bags of supplies ready for people to take out to those in need, or just take if they need to move. Water skins and camp rations stowed in each. Busy. Must stay busy.

At the siege camp, Shard gives Reese a shaky sort of nod, then straightens up and whistles sharply toward the Valorous Few. "Horses, now, move it! Get up, all of you, /up/."

At front lines, Esoka joins a section of the Grayson infantry that's moving out. Another soft prayer to Gloria is murmured over her blade.

Calarian GM Roll checked perception(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 2 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked perception(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 6 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked perception(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 11 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked perception(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 12 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked perception(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 4 lower.

The ground begins to shake and vibrate to the sound of distant, massive footsteps. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. THUMP. THUMP. "The fuck is that?" one Ashford archer on a tree wonders, his brow beginning to furrow. The others are squinting their eyes in the distance. One of them does shout, however, "INCOMING!" His finger points to the north-west, where Shard came. For now, only those foosteps announce that it is coming. Trees block the view. Suddenly, a tree crumbles as if it had been pushed aside, or cut down rather quickly. Or maybe it was punched away.

"Shoot when it comes into range once and then fall back!" Reese calls out to her archers. "Don't get run over!"

The line has been dismissed by Calarian.

The line has been dismissed by Calarian.

The line has been dismissed by Calarian.

At the front line, Killian smiles to Aislin in what should be a reassuring fashion before he draws his blades once more. He kneels, both of them pressed point down before him as he prays, invoking the Sentinel, Gild and Limerance to grant the camp their protection and blessing. When he straightens he raises his voice to his best parade ground shout calling out, "RANGERS on the NORTH! REPOSITION TO FLANKS!" as he hears the sound of trees falling.

Killian has joined the line.

Alexis has joined the line.

Merek has joined the line.

Reese has joined the line.

Clara has joined the line.

Margot has joined the line.

Khanne has joined the line.

Shard has joined the line.

Aislin has joined the line.

Esoka has joined the line.

It is now Killian's turn to speak.

It is now Alexis's turn to speak.

At the Triage area, Sparte starts awake as the ground starts to shake. He looks around the triage camp, then to Margot. He takes a moment to realize what is going on, then shoots up to his feet to follow her.

Alistair has joined the line.

Sparte has joined the line.

OOC Calarian says: Please let's respect line turns!

at the campfire, Alexis furrows her brow deeply. She's been following Khanne around, as the woman picks up rocks - and now she hefts her sword. "I'm with you, my lady. But... I think I'll be needed on the frontlines."

It is now Merek's turn to speak.

At the siege camp, Merek motions to those Guards which remained with him and nods a bit in turn, "Alright, make sure that you keep formation but fall back if you must... I don't know if this thing is alone or not, we can't risk giving them too much leeway into the camp or we'll get flanked easily." He gives a bird whistle to Charles, who readies up his bow along with the other archers. "Alright," he twirls around his blade and kisses the rubicund hilt, the diamondplate of it still shimmering with the coal smoulder of the fabric that was alight on it, while he takes position.

It is now Reese's turn to speak.

Reese has forty infantry troops that are divided into eight groups of five. They have been ordered to stay mobile, fight and to try and avoid getting run over by the hill thing. Esoka joined with one of the groups of five and Reese joins with another. There are ten archers at the barricade that have been ordered to shoot once when the creature is in range and then fall back and try to avoid getting hurt. Is the creature in range yet? If so they will fire. If not they will get ready to fire. The eight groups are scattered about to give them different angles.

It is now Clara's turn to speak.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 12 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 15 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 9 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 10 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 12 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 19 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 11 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 28 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 1 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 lower.

%TClara is simply waiting. She's watching to see what comes through that treeline. Bow at the ready.

It is now Margot's turn to speak.

Estaban has joined the line.

Calarian GM Roll checked stamina(6) + survival(4) at difficulty 15, rolling 35 higher.

At the triage area, Margot turns pale at the jolt, her body going rigid. She closes her eyes, making herself breath slow, clenching and unclenching her hands. Then she straightens, pulls one of the medical packs up over her shoulder, and picks up her axe in the other hand. "Alright, Sparte, make sure you pick up one of those packs, in case we need to move."

It is now Khanne's turn to speak.

Mia has joined the line.

Aislin wields Dusk, the Day Slayer - an alaracite bastard sword.

At the camp grounds around the fire, Khanne is picking up stones. She straightens up and looks to Alexis. "You mean, you are leaving the guard of me?" She asks, for clarification. "Well... shit...I can.. figure it out. DO what you need to."

It is now Shard's turn to speak.

At the front lines, Shard and the Valorous Few wrangle the horses together, and mount up. She's split them into two groups should the need arise, seven in one, six in the other, but for the moment, they're all together, with the archers prepared to fire when the creatures shows itself. News of what they're facing has, temporarily at least, caused the mercenaries to actually quiet down.

It is now Aislin's turn to speak.

Lou has joined the line.

At the front lines, Aislin grimaces at the sudden noise. "Hells," the explorer mutters, not even bothering to curse in another language this time. She raises her sword, but shifts position as she does so -- this seems like a fight where one might need to retreat and reposition in something of a hurry, if the enemy's that large.

At the front lines, Esoka gets in formation with the Grayson fighters she's joined, looking across the field at Reese and offering her a short nod.

It is now Esoka's turn to speak.

Esoka says in Crownlands shav, "Ready."

It is now Alistair's turn to speak.

When Alistair departed he had left Stalker at the camp to mind himself, the Prodigal venturing out into the wilderness on his own. Now that the camp is under attack the dog is going wild, darting around the Camp and sniffing around those are readying for battle. The creature suddenly turns, finding its master stepping out of the brush with blade in hand. Is it slick with blood? Perhaps he has met some Shav raiders or beasts on his journey through the woods. He steps past the barricades, any Rangers or guards who might give him lip given a glare. Calm and collected he readies the defense.

It is now Sparte's turn to speak.

At the triage area, pulling a medical bag out of his backpack. "I have my own kit." He gets it in a more accessible spot slung over one shoulder, shooting a nervous look to Margot. "Maybe... We should go see what we're dealing with? I mean, waiting here in the tent might be..." He shakes his head. "The flipping ground is shaking. I'm a little concerned."

Sparte gets a first aid pouch embroidered with a candle flame from a canvas backpack with leather accent straps.

It is now Estaban's turn to speak.

Estaban looks about moving to fall in line with some of the other archers keepin a eye on the forest line just waiting to let his arrows lose, he stands very still very much like a statue waiting.

It is now Mia's turn to speak.

When all of this started, Mia had been resting in her tent, wrapped in woolens and blankets and... frankly, probably still a good few bandages. While she was healing well, axe wounds generally do not heal immediately save perhaps by means she'd really rather not be associated with, so rest it was. But when Esoka roused her, she had crawled from her bed and began donning her borrowed armor. That... was hours ago. And Mia Riven was by no means a patient women. She'd spent most of the time until dawn pacing -- stiffly. Now that the ground is thudding under their feet, she finally hisses between grinding teeth, "Finally." It was by no means an enthusiastic reply; but somehow, the waiting had only made the situation worse.

It is now Lou's turn to speak.

At the front lines, Lou exists her tent in haste when she feels the ground shaking, and rather than asking about what's going on she simply prepares for the worst; all her weapons are in hand. She quickly scans the camp to see where people are moving to, and then makes her way over to wherever the Grayson archers are and joins them. She makes certain her bow is in good working order, and makes certain her arrows are within reach. She nocks one arrow and holds it ready, not yet pulling the string back so as not to stretch it before it's necessary. She holds that stance, keeping a wary eye on the forest - being the explorer and scout that she is. She's ready to loose whenever a target appears and the order is given.

'NOCK!' 'MARK!' 'DRAW' 'LOOSE!' comes the shout from the Grayson Archers while the Ashford ones are smartly heading out of the way of the creature's path, climbing from tree to tree -- they cannot fire while they move. The arrows hiss through the air, through the openings left for them in the wagon-fortifications surrounding the war camp...

Eight of them finding their way into something -- something made of stone. As more examination is given to it, a creature the size of a small hill is revealed, made of stone, wood and mud. The eight arrows thrust to its chest. Its eyes are made like stone-pebbles, and they carry an angered gleam in them. It stops in its slow running to extend both stone arms and shout at the archers through what appears to be a mouth, the intersection of two stones which offer a glimpse at its cavernous depths, 'GRAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!' A massive stone-and-wood hand clutches at all the arrows, tearing the wood from the iron tips and throwing them to the ground. Two massive thumps of its fists announce that that simple action angered it quite a lot. One of its fingers tear apart in the clash, but that doesn't seem to hurt it too much. It continues running, though now it is trying to head in the direction of those archers. Those tiny little archers. It is soon going to reach the defensive line soon.

Merek has joined the line.

Killian has joined the line.

Shard has joined the line.

Clara has joined the line.

Margot has joined the line.

It is now Merek's turn to speak.

Khanne has joined the line.

Esoka has joined the line.

Alexis has joined the line.

Alistair has joined the line.

Merek checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 9 higher.

Sparte has joined the line.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(1) + dodge(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 9 lower.

Aislin has joined the line.

Lou has joined the line.

Reese has joined the line.

    Merek takes a moment to shift his blade to the side, while he draws his crossbow from his back. Once he does, he lines up the shot towards the creature and shoots. It hits the leg with a rubicund tipped bolt, then he takes his time to twirl that device back onto his back, as he lifts up his blade once more. The bolt seems to cause it /some/ reaction, but besides chipping some stone away and causing it to hurt, it doesn't look like that's going to do any good whatsoever.

Mia has joined the line.

It is now Shard's turn to speak.

Shard says something under her breath--it's probably a curse--then jerks her chin up. She fires and so do the other Valorous Few archers, but almost immediately they're spurring their horses to turn from the oncoming hill-monster, intending to run to the right flank rather than straight back.

It is now Clara's turn to speak.

Shard checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 41 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(1) + dodge(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 11 lower.

Clara checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 21 higher.

%TWith the other Archers, Clara releases an Arrow towards the rock creature but then she watches how it just rips them out like it was nothing. "What the fuck is that thing?" Clara stares at the large stone creature with a sort of horrified look on her face. Slowly, she puts away her bow, secruing it to her back, because that apparently isn't going to be doing her any good... and then she pulls out her axe and continues to stare at the creature but she's ready... she wasn't sure what she was ready for but she was ready.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 18 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 5 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 11 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 7 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(1) + dodge(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 10 lower.

Killian has joined the line.

It is now Margot's turn to speak.

At the triage area, Margot nods and steps out of the tent, "When I was a child. I was in a seige for almost 4 years," She tells Sparte quietly. "What you think is out there is never as bad as what actually is." She falls quiet then though, her eyes wide. "Fuck."

It is now Khanne's turn to speak.

At the campfire, running towards the front line, Khanne shouts, "wait! No... that's a Spirit!... That's... what is it doing?" She looks around at the camp. "Did someone here do something to anger the Spirits? They don't attack, I've... never seen or known one to attack for no reason..." She seems confused, and almost panicked. She reaches the front line and shouts towards the gigantic stone being. "Stop! Spirit... " She closes her eyes and inhales deeply, trying to get a feel for the energy of the Spirit. Without opening her eyes, she shouts, "I am Vala Khanne, Shaman of Whitehold... Please, we are a people trying to help the Wood, trying to help the Spirits! We work to defeat that which hunts you!" She reaches into the pouch where she had been slipping small stones, touching them with her fingers, rolling them a bit as she murmurs a quieter prayer.

It is now Esoka's turn to speak.

At the front lines, Esoka is bracing herself to hold the barricades. "Courage," she says to the Grayson men and women at her shoulders. Her head whips around at the sound of Khanne's voice, then whip back to the oncoming creature. Another prayer is muttered in a whisper.

It is now Alexis's turn to speak.

Esoka checked command + leadership at difficulty 15, rolling 15 higher.

at the camp grounds around the fire, Alexis shakes her head. "I am not, my lady. Protecting you is my duty and my goal - but -we- may be needed," She clarifies. Then there's the roar, the creature approaching, and Alexis hefts the Dragon's Daughter in both hands, the alaricite blade gleaming as she shifts the sword into a readied stance to set against a potential charge. "Gods. What -is- that thi-" But she hears Khanne, and exhales softly, taking up position next to the shaman to keep her from harm.

It is now Alistair's turn to speak.

Alistair stares at the creature. Or is it an Object? Some kind of Golem summoned or crafted. Can something that is made of inanimate objects be considered living? He stares at it with contempt before he strodes deeper into the camp where he has kept his supplies, reaching down to grab a crossbow and pat his dog on the head. The string is taunt, already cranked back and locked into place. The High Inquisitor gingerly places a bolt before he lifts the heavy weapon up and thumps a shot towards the barreling golem.

Alistair checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 6 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(1) + dodge(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 lower.

It is now Sparte's turn to speak.

At the triage area, Sparte sticks his head out of the traige tent, giving a little tshh sound between his teeth. For all the things that fluster him, a giant monster in the distance gets a notable lack of response. "I expected better expletives." Sparte stands on tip toes, looking off into the distance. "Fuck doesn't really seem to capture the situation." Sticking his head back into the tent he calls to whatever mercies and medical personel might be there. "Get ready to move, all of you! Grab everything that won't slow you down."

It is now Aislin's turn to speak.

At the front lines, Aislin has raised her sword to attack, but pulls her swing with a curse when she hears Khanne's cry. She lowers the sword, and takes a closer look at the spirit -- trying to determine /anything/ about it. Has it been pursued like the last spirits they encountered? Wounded by someone and sent rampaging in pain? The Ashford explorer is no shaman to know for certain, but she's damned good with occult lore.

It is now Lou's turn to speak.

At the front lines, Lou is on the ground, and thus not within the trees, so she's able to move however she needs to in order to accomplish her task. She widens her eyes when she sees the giant creature of wood and stone, and smirks to herself. She's ready to loose a crossbow bolt at it, but then Khanne comes away from the campfire and yells about it being a spirit. Conflict wages within her, as her people are now being hurt, but if it is one of the spirits she doesn't want to risk hurting it further. She looks to Reese, or any of the others in her family who are in charge to see what she should be doing, staying her hand for now but being prepared in case she needs to fight or run.

It is now Reese's turn to speak.

Estaban has joined the line.

"Retreat, don't get run over!" Reese calls to her archers. "Fire when you can, don't get run over, stay mobile!" Reese then calls to Lou. Reese has her sword lifted and she moves toward the front of the camp, getting ready to attack the beast and defend her archers, hoping to help give them a chance to run. She has five men with her, but she keeps them flanked behind her. "Attack when you can, dart away to avoid getting ran over." She says and then calls toward the other groups of attack. "Attack from side and back angles when you can and then fall back. Don't get hit!"

It is now Mia's turn to speak.

Clearly, Mia had spoken too soon. Because while she normally would've agreed with Margot, no, this was definitely worse than what Mia was imagining. "By the gods," the Countess whispered, her eyes going wide. She retreated towards the triage tent, fully expecting they would have far more use of her there. But still, her hand wrapped around the hilt of the sword at her hip, ready to draw if that... that thing came any closer to her.

It is now Killian's turn to speak.

At the front line, Killian hears the call that it's a spirit and frowns, his visor hiding the expression. "Great.." he muses, before he stalks forward. His two swords are out and he puts himself right in the path the creature is taking, between it and the archers it is barreling towards. His stance is defensive as he yells, "I'll hold it as long as I can without harming it, if you have a way to get through to it, I suggest you work fast!" as he prepares. The Paladin seems to be positioning himself to try and either halt or slow the charge at those archers and the squishy folks behind.

It is now Estaban's turn to speak.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(1) + brawl(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 1 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(1) + brawl(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 2 lower.

Estaban watches Killian hearing his words the young Saik moves heading up to the front lines to get in a postion to help aid and back up Killian in whatever way that he can, "I will give you cover!" he yells up to both Killian and whom ever else is remaining up front.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 2 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 13 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked strength(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 6 higher.

Reese checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 32 higher.

Reese checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 44 higher.

Merek has joined the line.

Clara has joined the line.

Khanne has joined the line.

Reese has joined the line.

Killian has joined the line.

The hill-sized creature moves and the arrows of Shard and Merek, both made of rubicund, chip at some of the stone -- and some of the wood -- one lands at the leg and Shard's lands on the head afterwards. Other arrows land, but they just get stuck to it, starting to crowd its hull. The one to the head bobs it back, a grimace crossing its features. The one at the leg makes it fall to a knee with a loud THUMP. It rises, though, and just continues running. The archers are beginning to get slightly uneasy as it continues to approach though Esoka's words motivate them to not flee away from the supposed impact -- and they begin to run when Reese orders them too. They are almost too eager. The creature lifts one of the wagons and sends it flying. It impacts two of the archers who get crushed by it with a frenzied scream.

The creature waves its arms about, trying to crash at Killian and at another warrior, both blows fail. One of the Grayson warriors move out of it and then they move to slam against a leg. It connects. The other one fails when he has to dodge out of the creature's hand. It is a solid strike from Reese that manages to hack away part of its arm -- cleaving through the wood. It clatters to the ground and it screams in pain, 'GRAWWWWWWW!!!' Its pebbly eyes look towards Khanne and it screams at her as a grimace crosses its face. 'Stone!' he informs her in a pained, massive voice. 'Stone! STONE now!' Its only remaining hand clutches at one of the Grayson warriors, squeezing it and sending him flying over the wagons. It begins to move towards Khanne.

Esoka has joined the line.

Shard has joined the line.

Sparte has joined the line.

Aislin has joined the line.

Alexis has joined the line.

Lou has joined the line.

1 Saik Guard, Gunther, a Rottweiler leave, following Estaban.

It is now Merek's turn to speak.

Alistair has joined the line.

Margot has joined the line.

Merek checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 16 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(1) + dodge(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 6 lower.

Merek checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 26 higher.

Mia has joined the line.

Sparte has joined the line.

    Merek notices the people moving forward to fight it and the archers that retreat. When he sees people killed, he decides he will fight, "You work on that, but we can't stop fighting it," he calls back to Killian and Khanne. "If you can save it, work on it while we harry it," he states. He then launches forward with his folk behind him. Then he shifts his blade, "Jayus, don't fail me, reveal thy truth," he states, then he comes around and leaps, cleaving into its leg. Somehow.

The Officer's blade seems to shift at the last moment, as though without his own movements, he follows it, then he shifts his feet around, and lets out a small sigh, even as he gives a clean slash and crosses it upwards as though aiming at a specific point. And it seers into the rock, "Sorry, friend!" he calls up to the creature, earnestly apologetic as it seems whatever he just did put a real smackdown on it compared to former strikes of people's weapons, then he pulls his blade back from the leg and weaves against any defense.

It is now Clara's turn to speak.

Clara checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 17 higher.

Clara checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

%TClara bounces up and down on her heels, anxiously preparing herself to go and attack the spirit. She doesn't look sure of herself but she looks determined enough that she is going to hurt this thing. Watching the others run or be killed, squished and thrown about... She takes a deep breath and on hearing Merek's words she rushes forward. She sees Merek damage the creature and as he pulls away she moves to slam her axe into the same place and a large chunk of wood is pulled away, just about taking it all off.

It is now Khanne's turn to speak.

Towards the front, but behind the line of defense, Khanne opens her eyes at the sounds of pain, commotion, assault, screaming, crashing. "Stop! Please.. stop!" She cried out to those around her. "Don't attack! Please!" She watches as the wagons go flying, the Stone Spirit in pain, falling apart. Tears begin to slide down her face as if she can feel the pain herself. When the Spirit starts to scream at her, she watches him hurl the warrior and should to him. "Please, Stop hurting each other! I will help you..." She starts to walk forward, pulling out the stones she had gathered, offering them in her hand towards the Spirit. "I will gather more" She sees more arrows loosed and yells. "Please! Fucking stop! It's a Spirit, not the enemy!" She continues walking towards it, picking up more stones as she goes until her hands are full. "How the fuck do you expect me to save something you are actively trying to kill???" She shouts to others. Tears come fast now as she gets closer. "PLease... forgive them.. they are scared of your power. Most of them have never seen anything like you. Please..." Then another furtive look towards all the people trying to kill the Spirit. "PLEASE! FUCKING STOP!"

It is now Reese's turn to speak.

Reese has a huge moral dilemna in front of her and very little time to think about it. "Everyone except those engaged and Sparte retreat!" She says, not being sure that everyone will listen to her, but it is worth a try. "Get out of the path and get as far away as you can." She says, these orders are certainly for the Grayson troops as well and seemed aimed at preventing lose of life. She listens to Khanne's words. "Ah, fucking, fuck....the thing is attacking us." She says, sounding pissed, but if its at Khanne or the situation is hard to tell. Reese does have a temper and her cheeks are quite pink. She tries to position herself to take any blows from the creature and she tries to guard those around her. She holds her blade defensively, ready to parry any attacks.

Merek checked willpower at difficulty 15, rolling 0 higher.

Merek checked composure at difficulty 15, rolling 0 higher.

It is now Killian's turn to speak.

There's a stream of curses in a mixture of languages from Killian as people dart in to attack it, "GET THE FUCK BACK, IT'S NOT TAINTED YOU BLOODY IDIOT!" he yells at Merek at the top of his lungs. "REESE! There's something else to the north, it's the source of the taint! I will hold it!" he yells. He isn't even swinging his swords, but rather bringing them up with the flat, using them as shields to try and keep the creature from attacking or advancing, "Khanne, can you get through to it!?" he calls as he does.

It is now Esoka's turn to speak.

At the front, Esoka tries to rally the soldiers at the barricade to hold the line. She doesn't rush out further herself. There's little room in the fray and, besides, her focus is on Khanne now. She moves down the line in a better position to defend the shaman, but it's not really an aggressive action. She seems to take the 'FUCKING STOP' seriously.

It is now Shard's turn to speak.

On the flanks of the massive creature, consternation erupts among the all-Prodigal contingent of the Valorous Few. Shard swears loudly, and makes a rough gesture with her bow. "Back out, get clear. /Get clear/," she orders. The Few scatter, breaking off from what would have been their second volley at the creature and making largely directly away from it, but in no organized fashion whatsoever. Shard, on the other hand, slings her bow over one shoulder and pulls her horse hard right, pressing her heels into its sides as she directs it back around the front of the spirit, heading as fast as she can toward Khanne. "We attacked it, /we attacked it/!" she shouts, as loudly as she can. "/Get the fuck clear/, we started this fucking fight! We make one of his lies true if we kill one of them lie this!"

It is now Aislin's turn to speak.

At the front lines, Aislin lowers her sword the rest of the way, raising a hand and bellowing out to the Vista Glades, "ASHFORDS, STAND DOWN! But stay ready for a second assault!" This is, so far as she's concerned, Khanne's area of expertise; she'll keep the Ashford rangers at bay and follow the woman's lead, though she keeps the sword in hand -- she won't attack the spirit, but she's going to stay close to the shaman. After all, Khanne's hands are full of rocks, and while Aislin has no intention of hurting the spirit... it's still best if Khanne has someone at her side with a weapon, just in case. After all, pain-maddened sorts can sometimes injure those around them.

It is now Alexis's turn to speak.

Towards the front, Alexis moves quickly, keeping pace with Khanne, eyes wide at the massive creature and the violence it visits on the people. Pausing briefly at Reese's order but - then again, she's not engaging, right, so she's still allowed? Giving a small nod as Esoka joins her and Khanne, and Alexis exhales. "You ever seen anything like this, Sword of Twainfort?" She asks, conversationally, at odds with her generally tense demeanour.

It is now Lou's turn to speak.

At the front lines, Lou doesn't need to be told twice to retreat. She throws her crossbow back into it's sling on her back, and then starts to run to where it seems most safe. She hasn't attacked it yet, and so hopes it doesn't come in her general direction. She begins gathering stones from the brink of safety, and puts them into her newly acquired and mostly empty backpack - so when she feels it may be safe to move forward, she can help Khanne out by giving her the full backpack of stones.

It is now Alistair's turn to speak.

Alistair readies another bolt, cranking back the crossbow and about to load in the deadly instrument, even if the golem seems to shrug it off. He pauses though, staring at the thing and then his gaze slowly shifts to the north. He then hears the cries of Khanne and he bellows out. "CEASE FIGHTING IMMEDIATELY. REARRANGE YOUR LINES TO THE NORTH." he commands in a booming voice that he rarely uses, but those who frequent the Lower Boroughs might know its stopped a thief or two right in their tracks. "ABYSSALS TO THE NORTH." he adds, just so the people have a reason to turn away from the golem. To put his point home he starts marching off to the north, striding right past the Hill spirit as he loads a crossbow bolt, his eyes on different prey. "You want stones, Spirit? Theres a cave to the south." he offers as he passes, eyeing the Hill through a side glance incase he wants to give him a Hill Punch.

Alistair checked wits + diplomacy at difficulty 15, rolling 1 lower.

It is now Margot's turn to speak.

Near the triage tent, Margot is taking Sparte's yell and the call for retreat quiet seriously even back where she is stationed. She nods to Mia as the woman retreats back to where they are. "Grab any medical supplies you can carry and be ready to move people." Calls the duchess, her whole body tense, watching from a distance as the giant stone thing appears to stop charging.

It is now Mia's turn to speak.

Honestly, Mia had... no idea how to really deal with the situation, at this point. "Stone?," she said, a bit thickly, her brow furrowing from behind the visor of her helm. But then Reese's order to retreat reached her ears. It wasn't one that she needed to hear twice. One the contrary, she scooped up as many of the supplies as she could manage to carry, then turned moving as swiftly as she could manage, pulling away from the cluster of tents and headed out into the trees.

It is now Sparte's turn to speak.

Moving through the camp, Sparte looks around at what is taking place and seems to have a thought click. He gives a sound of frustration, whacking the side of the mercy's tent tarp with his staff. "Of all the dirty tricks..." He looks over to Margot. "This spirit was probably fleeing something, same as the animals." He gives Margot a thumbs up. "I expect an ambush, don't lead the retreat. Will be making a very expensive friend, if I'm lucky." He breaks into a jog off towards the front lines, eying the gemstone set into the end of his staff as he does.

In the distance, to the north of the military camp, screams come in Northlands Shav'Arvani. If one were to look over the wagons, they would notice a swarm of bodies emerging from the woods. The front line is full of angry-looking faces, a feral quality adhered to them. Behind, in the swarm of warriors, axes are lifted in evident indication that this one-hundred-or-so warriors are rushing to attack the camp. There is only enough time for some of those Ashford warriors to fire their arrows at them.

Two strikes manage to find the wood of the creature's leg, which has a portion which is made of wood and stone. They hack at it like a tree in two angles, which leaves it quite weak. The creature's face shifts into pain towards Khanne -- it is looking at her. Its only hand extends towards her as if in request for help. Then the leg crumbles and the creature falls stiffly to the ground, armless and legless. 'Stone...' it grumbles in a pained voice. 'Stone stone.' The hill-sized creature's face is looking at Khanne. It reaches with a hand to try and take the stones from her and slam them against its tore-off arm. The stones get stuck to the mud. The creature looks at Khanne and the back at the arm. 'Earth,' it decides now, as if this was all it needed. There's a note of shifted motivations in it. Its face even loses its aggressive gleam. 'Earth,' it rumbles to Khanne gratefully. A chopped arm, a chopped leg, and some pebbles to replace its arm-- though it reaches for the leg and tries to get it to stick to the remaining mud from its chopped off root. It doesn't even seem to hold any grief towards its lost arm, leaving it there. It tries to rise, and while its leg is wobbly, it works again. It tries to start moving with a massive limp -- and while anyone can attack at it -- it seems like Khanne's prayer and pebbles worked. 'Stone,' it does mention to Alistair, either in agreement or disagreement. It's hard as its voice sounds like it is made with very stiff vocal cords -- likely stone. The motivations of this creature seem quite alien to human reasoning. What ever Khanne prayed, it somehow worked quite well.

There is now a Shav'Arvani invasion to deal with, though.

Merek has joined the line.

Reese has joined the line.

Killian has joined the line.

Khanne has joined the line.

Margot has joined the line.

The line has been dismissed by Calarian.

Lou has joined the line.

Clara has joined the line.

Shard has joined the line.

Reese has joined the line.

Alistair has joined the line.

Merek has joined the line.

Esoka has joined the line.

Killian has joined the line.

Khanne has joined the line.

Mia has joined the line.

It is now Lou's turn to speak.

Aislin has joined the line.

Lou checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

Margot has joined the line.

At the front line, Lou deems that its safe enough for her to approach Khanne and hands off the backpack, but then she hears the warriors coming and she grabs her crossbow once more. She doesn't take aim toward the elemental, but towards the shav'arvani who dare to get close enough to their encampment. She gets a bolt nocked and then lets it loose at the first shav'arvani warrior that she can aim at.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 7 higher.

It is now Clara's turn to speak.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 36 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 13 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 11 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 15 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 15 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 7 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 41 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 13 higher.

Alexis has joined the line.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 13 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 10 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 7 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 7 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 9 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 6 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 4 higher.

Sparte has joined the line.

Clara checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 7 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 34 higher.

%TClara huffs as she hears Khanne's request for them to stand down after the creature had just killed some of their people. Nonetheless she backs up as the creature falls and isn't aggressive towards Khanne she takes a step back. Then her eyes turn to the sound of her Native tongue being spoken. "Oh shit..." She turns to face the incoming Shav, ready to fight them instead, drawing her bow once again. She doesn't bother moving away from the spirit at this point. She instead takes aim and fires but her aim is very off in her haste.

It is now Shard's turn to speak.

Shard checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 33 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 18 higher.

At the front line, Shard brings her horse to a skidding stop and turns her around again, much to her horse's voiced displeasure. "Never-fucking-mind then, you thrice-damned shit-sucking assholes," she practically snarls, half-weary and half-furious. She unslings her bow, nocks, draws, and fires at the oncoming Northlands horde in what seems like a single drawn out angry motion. "Valorous Few, regroup on me!"

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 0 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 2 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 1 lower.

It is now Reese's turn to speak.

Reese has the grim expression of a prideful warrior who thinks she majorly messed up. Her expression is one of misery, guilt and shame. She doesn't have time dwell on her personal agnst and failures though, her army is scattered about, fleeing from a spirit while abyss tainted Shavs are on the way. She tries to gather herself and gather her army. Her gaze lingers on the two hit by the wagon and the one or was it two? hit directly by the spirit. She looks pained Her guilt only increases. "Regroup, archers back to the barricades and shoot. Grayson warriors to me. Stay away from the spirit!" She says and starts amassing a defensive melee line with herself in front. Fighters to me!" She says, commanding the others or at least those who might listen.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 33 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 9 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 12 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 19 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 6 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + archery(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 6 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 11 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 41 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 28 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 2 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 12 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 16 higher.

It is now Alistair's turn to speak.

At the edge of the camp Alistair takes a moment to place a crossbow bolt into his cranked crossbow, lowering it towards the chargining line of tainted Shavs calmly and without worry. A soft 'thunk' sounds out as the Inquisitor looses the bolt and then reaches down to pull his sword free, the crossbow dropped into the nearby grass as he steps forward to meet the barbarians in battle.

Alistair checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 13 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 5 higher.

Lou's arrow finds something, surely. It goes into the swarm of Shav'Arvani and there is no way it missed -- but there is so much people that it is hard to make out the outcome. The arrows from Ashford's archers also find the massive mass of Shav'Arvani, and you can see some falling to the ground, only to be stomped over by other Shav'Arvani. In their eyes, there seem to be no regret over this decision, no attempt to save them, no attempt to drag them off combat. The arrow fired by Shard finds one and kills him, falling over to the stomping crowd. Two Valorous Few fire their bows too. One misses and the other's arrow follows a quite horrible trajectory. Luckily for him, it finds an actual head-shot from a mindless man who didn't even attempt to dodge. He dies. Despite this, the most observant could count over a hundred men-- some could count two hundred. It is hard to get an exact number, but they are no doubt outnumbering the men at the war camp.

As the men get closer, it is easy to make out a few very feral-looking Shav'Arvani. One of them gestures a hand towards the opening that the stone creature made and a portion of around twenty are heading that way, following the feral man. The Grayson archers regroup as ordered and most of their arrows miss, except for three which find the detaching group. Two groups form up. The biggest one is trying to climb over the wagons at the north, using their axes to try to hack at people where they can. The other one is entering from the northwest, and it looks to be a little bit around twenty warriors.

It is now Merek's turn to speak.

Merek checked luck at difficulty 1, rolling 4 higher.

Merek checked luck at difficulty 1, rolling 11 higher.

Merek checked luck at difficulty 1, rolling 9 higher.

    Merek looks to the spirit and makes a small supplication, "Sorry friend," he doesn't heed Killian's screaming at his face for now. He feels he did what he needed to do, and now it is recovering and happy, so all turned out well. He does seem to care for the spirit though. Either way he then lifts up a hand, then he makes a bird whistle, and lifts his blade forward, pointing in three directions. His Guards lift up their bows and each one catches a light on it before each is slammed into a section of the walls.
    He asked they don't build the walls too close to the treeline and make sure to clear it of flammables, also he tries not to catch the stone creature in it, for what it's worth since the creature has apparently passed by it and left room anyways. Three sections of the wooden fences roll into flames across their whole length and twelve Shavs receive an amount of fire that is quick to wrap around them and their weapons, leaving no room to defend or put it out, and taking twelve whole Shav'Arvani with them. He looks somber as he watches them scream. This'll haunt all his dreams.

It is now Esoka's turn to speak.

At the north line, Esoka rallies, sword in hand, toward the oncoming shavs as they charge the camp. Going for the biggest one. She makes no move to attack the stone creature, leaving it to Khanne and whatever spiritual peace-making efforts she shaman has wielded. She'll fight any invaders boldly and readily, though.

Esoka checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 65 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 18 higher.

Esoka checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 33 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked stamina(4) + survival(4) at difficulty 15, rolling 38 higher.

It is now Killian's turn to speak.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(3) at difficulty 15, rolling 6 higher.

Killian checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 37 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 3 lower.

Esoka checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 15, rolling 20 higher.

Killian checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 25 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked stamina(2) + survival(4) at difficulty 15, rolling 13 higher.

At the northwest line, when the attackers back away and the creature seems to recover, Killian slumps, the stress and worry flowing out of him for a moment. There's only that moment of calm though, before the attackers are upon them again. The creature seems to be able to find its own way to safety, and he leaves it in the care of the shaman. A glance is spared towards where Merek lights the wagons that were used to make the defenses on fire, "I hope he knows he's walking back.." he growls in a grumbly sort of tone before he straightens his grips and strides forward. That charge on the northwest line finds an extraordinarily pissed off Paladin, swearing in Nox'alfar and swinging two blades as he meets the rush, slamming into the middle of the oncoming line with a loud roar of, "YOU SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT MORE MEN!" as he stabs both blades into the first before him, sweeping the swords out and cutting the man nearly in half. A steel clad foot kicks the crumbling body out of his way, ready for the next fool in line.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 15 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 5 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 5 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 7 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 13 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 9 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 5 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 6 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 20 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 4 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 19 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 1 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 22 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 35 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 3 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked composure(2) at difficulty 7, rolling 4 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 25, rolling 4 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 25, rolling 1 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 37 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 1 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 9 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 7 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 11 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 10 higher.

The fire of Merek's clever plan detaches twelve as they run in panic and burn in the fire. A few of them are stubborn enough to try to keep fighting, though eventually they fall to the ground. Esoka finds one of the most feral-looking Shav'Arvani leading the lines, climbing over the wagon. Her strike connects at shoulder-length, cleaving through skin and leaving a massive opening -- that is surely going to kill him eventually, though he doesn't stop, eyes wild and injected as it screams in pain and tries to cleave at her with his axe. His attack is definitely slowed by the wound, and it tries to swing back at her though it misses. It lifts its axe to hack at her again, and it gets stuck in one of the wagons.

Grayson warriors charge to attack. Both sides suffer losses in ways. One warrior next to Killian gets cleaved through the head, falling dead to the ground. Another grayson guard manages to chop off an arm out of one. It seems like the war is growing steady about them, though now that the wagon line is breached at the spots where they are not burning, the Shav'Arvani are beginning to find more space. Eventually, the Grayson force of forty has thinned down to around twenty.

Killian's troop engage in combat. The men at arm try their best to hold their line against the swarming in men, though they are heavily surrounded and outnumbered. Slowly, Killian's troops are beginning to get reduced to nothing while the Shav'Arvani take minor losses.

It is now Khanne's turn to speak.

At the Northwestern line, with the Spirit, Khanne continues to help the stone and wood giant of a Spirit. She received the backpack from Lou and dumps them out onto the Spirit's hand. She then gets down on her hands and knees, digging into the earth, using an arrow to loosen any hard packed ground, hoping for mud. The Spirit Starts to rise at Alistair's mention of a cave to the south. She starts up, still trying to help the Spirit, running alongside it and slapping mud and stone on it until she no longer safely can. She stops, letting it go and bending over, resting her filthy hands on her knees to catch her breath a moment before looking around to see where she is needed and what she can do.

It is now Mia's turn to speak.

Retreating seemed far easier before there were scores of shav'arvani swarming the camp, swords and axes in hand, striking at their forces. At the north-wester corner, Mia drew Riversblood from its sheath quickly, smoothly, raising it up with the intent to defend herself should it come to it. And it would very likely come to it, given the way a pack of twenty shav were streaming past their defenses.

It is now Aislin's turn to speak.

At the northern line, Aislin raises her sword again; with the Ashford rangers free to fire at the invading shav'arvani, she can focus on trying to hold back those attempting to climb over the wagons even as the flames begin to spread along the barriers. She raises her sword to strike at the nearest, growling a curse in Sylv'alfar.

Aislin checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 43 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 9 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked stamina(2) + survival(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 28 higher.

It is now Margot's turn to speak.

Aislin checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 27 higher.

Behind the Northern line, Margot ushers the healers and 'support' people so they can be closer to those who will need to be pulled out of the fray but not in the direct line of danger. She drops medical supplies. "You," She points to a random medic. "You keep an eye on THAT line," indicating the Northern line. She points to the next closest medic. "You keep an eye over there." She points to North West. "Anyone goes down. Yell. No one goes out to rescue people alone, you go in pair, one protects, one carries the injured. Don't waste your time with bodies. ONLY BRING BACK THE BREATHING." Giving orders is SO much easier than being terrified of dying in a flood of Shavs, so that's exactly what Margot does. "Sparte! With me." And she's off at a jog to start retrieving downed soldiers.

It is now Alexis's turn to speak.

Margot checked command + leadership at difficulty 15, rolling 29 higher.

At the Northwestern Line, with the Spirit, Alexis rolls her shoulders, gritting her teeth. "We've got an awful lot incoming, Lady Khanne. We should be withdrawing and reinforcing the line," She warns. Staying close to the shaman, ready to cut down any enemies that come close.

It is now Sparte's turn to speak.

Moving through the camp, Sparte slows as the giant spirit is calmed down, looking relieved. He shouts to the front lines in a general sort of sense, "Good job!" Of course, then there are the shavs that show up behind it. He groans, turning and running back towards the triage tent. Of course, Margot is on the move, so he has to detour and run some more to catch up with her. He is looking a smidge winded by now. He gets his staff at the ready to defend Margot from any shavs that get ideas of going after her, or the nearby wounded.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + archer(2) at difficulty 30, rolling 5 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 1 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 15 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 25 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 6 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 11 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 6 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 5 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 5 higher.

Aislin manages to hack at a Shav'ARvani with her sword, who begins to curse and hiss in pain, clutching at his shoulder and falling to the ground. He begins to crawl away, though where -- it is hard to say. His fellow men are swarming in behind him. Her flank is not managing to cause much damage to the Shav'Arvani who are defending well, though a few are falling to the ground here and there.

Margot's command manages to get quite a few of Killian's men at arm into the medical tent, as they scream in pain while the Valorous Few charge to fill in the blanks. They are actually doing quite a good job at flanking the charging men and, they are getting reduced to almost nothing after Killian's men at arms fell. The feral-looking Shav is lifting one of his axes at Killian, though, trying to see if he will connect.

The Grayson Archers find it hard to spot chaos amidst the havoc, but some of them are managing to down people here and there and they are actually succeeding at generating some harm in both flanks.

Killian has joined the line.

Shard has joined the line.

Merek has joined the line.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + medium wpn(3) at difficulty 15, rolling 37 higher.

Reese has joined the line.

Killian checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 15, rolling 21 higher.

Margot has joined the line.

Sparte has joined the line.

Calarian GM Roll checked strength(5) + medium wpn(3) at difficulty 15, rolling 62 higher.

Killian checked stamina + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 27 higher.

Alistair has joined the line.

Khanne has joined the line.

Eilonwy has joined the line.

Alexis has joined the line.

It is now Killian's turn to speak.

Aislin has joined the line.

Killian takes serious damage.

Esoka has joined the line.

Mia has joined the line.

Lou has joined the line.

At the northwestern front, it doesn't look good at all. The Ashford men are dropping like flies, doing little to nothing for the price of their lives being paid. At the center of the line, Killian is assaulted by a massive possessed shav, and despite being a master swordsman the thing connects with ease, slamming a huge blow into the Paladin, rending easily through the heavy armor and sending him flying. He rolls quickly to his feet though and charges back in. His second blade is dropped on the way as he grabs a shield, leaping into the air and bringing his alaricite blade down at the thing as he starts to fight back, trying to hold the line by main force as he yells at the only two Ashford men at arms still alive, "GET BACK! Rally to Aislin and protect her!"

Killian checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 27 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 12 higher.

Killian has rolled a critical success!
Killian checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 51 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked stamina(4) + survival(4) at difficulty 15, rolling 43 higher.

The feral Shav'Arvani grins at Killian as two axes clutch his blade and try to send it away, hacking at him with two blows which do some damage. It growls some insult in its northlands Shav'Arvani language, though the leap is something he didn't expect. How does one slam that away with an axe? Despite it's best attempt to move out of the way, the blade drives through its shoulder, getting into its insides -- the whole metal buried into the feral man. As it begins to die, it mutters a few, hateful words to Killian before it is dropped dead.

It is now Shard's turn to speak.

Clara has left the Large Gray Dome Tent With The Crovane Sigil.

Clara has joined the line.

At the northwestern line, the Valorous Few, finally rallied, charge into the flanking Shavs assaulting Killian's forces, screaming with a mixture of fear, anger, and glee. As their enemies fall, Shard is already twisting on her heel, bow slung over one shoulder, red blade out and swept forward, and making for the northern line--and the nearest living enemy body--as fast as her feet will take her.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 19 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 3 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 7 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 17 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 11 higher.

Shard checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 38 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 20 higher.

Shard checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 17 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked stamina(2) + survival(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 25 higher.

A messenger arrives, delivering a message to Reese before departing.

Shard wields a rubicund short sword with a black leather wrapped grip.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(3) at difficulty 15, rolling 24 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(3) at difficulty 15, rolling 13 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 2 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 2 lower.

The Valorous Few charge to battle, valiantly fighting against the Shav'Arvani, downing around four -- though they too begin to take heavy losses in the doing of it. Shard manages to cleave at one that one of her mercenary-men didn't manage to down. The Valorous are beginning to take losses, though.

It is now Merek's turn to speak.

Shard checked luck at difficulty 1, rolling 18 higher.

Merek checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 62 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 4 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 0 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 6 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 5 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + medium wpn(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 2 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 15 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 10 higher.

Merek checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 31 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked composure(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 9 lower.

    Merek holds up his free hand, "I'll pay for the wagons," then motions, "Men, to the northern flank, we can't let it fall!" he exclaims. He then rushes forward with his feet picking up speed behind him. His robes shift a bit as he slashes forward, his blade coming around and slicing into the neck of one Shav'Arvani, almost decapitating him. As soon as the blood splatters on him, three Shav'Arvani men see him and watch him, then back up and start fleeing apparently. What is up with this guy? He watches the man before him fall to the ground, head leaning in an awkward angle due to the wound, before he moves to the next.
    Meanwhile his Guards and Aneka move to harry the men that are coming forward, with one managing to receive a blow which slices into them and kills them. Like his time before at the rescue he seems to move forward and wield his blade with a grace and power rarely seen, somber in emotion.]

It is now Reese's turn to speak.

Reese checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 7, rolling 39 higher.

Reese checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 7, rolling 44 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 27 higher.

Reese checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 7, rolling 55 higher.

Reese checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 7, rolling 65 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked stamina(4) + survival(4) at difficulty 15, rolling 19 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked stamina(4) + survival(4) at difficulty 15, rolling 33 higher.

Reese checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 7, rolling 29 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked composure(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 10 lower.

Reese fights with a skill and speed that might not seem even possible. The battle looks bad and her back is pressed against the wall. Many of her men are laying on the ground with injuries if they are lucky and dead if the are not, her skill seems to only increase. She didn't fight this way at the start of the battle. She kills one of the the powerful feral Shav and the turns around and kills another one, all in a moment. Ten of the Shavs who are watching her flee from the fight in terror. Reese's cheeks are pale, her eyes are solemn and she fights with a passion and a drive that seems almost inhuman.

Reese's valiant efforts at fighting and killing two of the most savage-looking fighters seem to scare a big group of Shav'Arvani. Some of them looking unsure, the least savage-looking ones. They shout at each other warnings before they are running towards the forest, deciding that this was enough. Her efforts change the tides, especially after they flee. The northern flank is no longer outnumbered, the battle a grievous one. Swords clashing against each other, men shouting at each other.

It is now Margot's turn to speak.

Behind the Northern line, Margot doesn't actually know anything about healing but she does have a bizzare lack of squimishness for a lady who doesn't usually have anything to do with fighting (#thraxlife, #growingupdonrai), and she ignores all the screaming as she jogs back and forth, grabbing people as they fall, dragging them back, and giving orders for others to keep doing the same.

It is now Sparte's turn to speak.

Behind the Northern Line, Sparte is shadowing Margot. He has his staff at the ready, watching for any shavs that slip the line or don't want to allow one of the injured Margot helps to safety to escape. Guard duty.

It is now Alistair's turn to speak.

Watching the Shav barbarians swarm towards the camp Alistair turns towards the Grayson warriors fighting alongside Killian as the Shavs start to overwhelm them. His sword is brought up in a two handed hold and even as Killian downs the tainted Warchief Alistair steps into the ranks of Compact soldiers and Wildlings, his sword sweeping to create some space around the Ashford man as he gets a moment to enjoy his victory.

Alistair checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 36 higher.

Alistair checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 79 higher.

Alexis checked luck at difficulty 7, rolling 2 lower.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 27 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked stamina(3) + survival(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 8 higher.

Sparte checked luck at difficulty 7, rolling 15 higher.

Dauntless have been dismissed.

Alistair manages to kill one Shav Arvani who falls with a gurgle of blood as a whole arm is chopped off by the -massive- strike of the inquisitor.

It is now Khanne's turn to speak.

Margot checked luck at difficulty 7, rolling 3 higher.

Khanne checked luck at difficulty 7, rolling 0 higher.

At the Northwestern line (I think) Khanne recovers from her panicked protection of the Spirit. With no one directing her and not sure her arrows will do much to help at the moment, she decides Margot can use the help. "Can I help move the injured?" She asks, preparing to do just that if she can.

It is now Eilonwy's turn to speak.

Eilonwy checked luck at difficulty 15, rolling 7 lower.

Eilonwy has rolled a critical success!
Eilonwy checked luck at difficulty 7, rolling 43 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + medium wpn(3) at difficulty 15, rolling 25 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked strength(3) + medium wpn(3) at difficulty 15, rolling 18 higher.

Eilonwy is not a warrior. The healer has her blade out, holding it as she rushes to the front to aid in dragging their wounded back to the medical tent to triage. She hooks her arms under the arms of a man, carefully dragging him back red in the face as the short woman tugs and tows. "Why are warriors so muscley!" She exclaims with a huff of air, eyes weary to avoid being rushed with a blade while she's defenseless.

It is now Alexis's turn to speak.

Alexis checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 15, rolling 5 higher.

Alexis checked stamina + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 35 higher.

Alexis checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 30, rolling 24 higher.

Alexis checked strength + huge wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 29 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 12 higher.

At the Northwestern line, Alexis continues shadowing Khanne, her grip tight on her blade and she grimaces as she watches the battle rage on at the two frontlines - but despite the tension in her body, the coiled springs of her muscles, she's staying close to the shaman, glancing back at where the spirit went. "I'll aid as best I can too, my lady." She murmurs to Khanne - just as there's a shrill cry from a Shav'arvani breaking the lines, charging for the pair. Alexis lets out a loud cry in turn, and cuts his spear in half with her glittering blade, the backstroke taking off the man's head and leaving him to stumble forward a few steps before he collapses to the ground. The knight shifting the grip of her sword, gaze darting about, to look for further threats.

It is now Aislin's turn to speak.

Aislin checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 20 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 18 higher.

Aislin checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 47 higher.

At the northern lines, when Aislin's previous opponent drops, unconscious, the Ashford woman moves to haul him a few steps away from the flames; a prisoner, after all, is rather more useful than a corpse. She leaves him to one of the non-combatants to tie up, already raising her sword to move back into battle. "One of you stay with Lord Killian," she calls out to the remaining Vista Glades. She, after all, is not bleeding yet. But then there's no time left for talk -- there's still too many shav'arvani around, and she quickly finds herself embroiled with one of the remaining slightly-feral ones. Luckily for the Ashford, after a brief exchange of blows, a solid strike downs her opponent.

It is now Esoka's turn to speak.

Esoka checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 25 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + dodge(3) at difficulty 40, rolling 14 lower.

Esoka checked strength + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 42 higher.

At the north line, Esoka casts a look over her shoulder toward the triage tent, trying to find Mia in the chaos. But she'll have to sort out what's going on there later. There's still the pitched battle to deal with. Her feral shav opponent is wounded, and she finishes him off quickly and grimly, with a slice across the throat. His head is only loosely attached after that, and he falls quite dead.

It is now Mia's turn to speak.

It is now Clara's turn to speak.

Clara has rolled a critical success!
Clara checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 32 higher.

Calarian GM Roll checked dexterity(2) + dodge(2) at difficulty 30, rolling 1 lower.

The line has been dismissed by Calarian.

Margot had given a clear order and it was one that, fortunately, Mia could follow. And could pass on. "YOU!," she announced, pointing at the nearest milling, panicked person at the northwestern line. "Help me carry the wounded." It was, apparently, her intention to either work in a two person team, dragging those among the Valorous Few who had survived -- so far -- but might not do so without aid, or to swing her sword at anyone other shav'arvani who may come spilling unexpectedly onto that flank.

%TClara had momentarily froze up next to the spirit when the Shav had began to attack. That was a lot of people, a lot of swords. That pause might have gotten her killed but luck was on her side and eventually she snaps out of it and is back in warrior mode. Considering that this is the first large combat she has been in it might not be a surprise that the very young girl who had never been in combat before. She runs up and takes advantage of the surrounded individual and makes up for having frozen up by slamming her axe into him and watching him fall dead.

Slowly, people begin to flee after they see how valiantly the warriors are standing in their ground, though the surrounding Grayson troops are leaving them no quarters, trained to slash at them so tha they do not escape. One of them is slashed at the legs, the other one is grabbed and stabbed on the neck. One throws himself at a Grayson guard and tries to bite at the neck, though the warrior next stabs that man too. After the last feral Shav falls, the ones who remain look like they are writ-bound, judging by the crazed look in their eyes, though they are outnumbered. An Ashford archer fires a clean head-shot at the group, leaving just one to move his axes from target to target, crazily trying to see whomever is going to attack him next. He gets swarmed in by hungry warriors trying to claim their glory, and the man is tore apart rather quickly. That was the last one of them, unless someone wants to practice archery at one of those who are running in the distance.

Valorous few and Grayson men are getting rescued by Mia, Eilonwy and Khanne, dragged into the tent with injuries on them, in pain. The battle is over, though. The expedition had suffered massive losses, but they were alive.

Shard turns and goes for her horse. The Valorous Few that are still standing look startled and confused, and none actually move to follow her--but she doesn't order them to. Within seconds she's spurring the poor beast toward the edges of camp, clearly intending to give chase to the fleeing Northlands shav'arvani.

Killian moves quickly, surprisingly quickly, and stabs his sword into the ground as he stoops and grabs a spear dropped by someone. He hefts it and then lunges, hurling the thing with a shocking strength to sail after one of the fleeing enemies.

The battle is over. Reese's pink blade is stained with blood and she starts to move a good deal well normally. She knows the loses are heavy and she doesn't look happy. She looks devastated if anything. Reese looks at the fleeing Shav and she doesn't chase them. She lets them go. She doesn't seem to have the stomach for killing fleeing men. Maybe she has some faults as a General. She looks over the dead and her eyes are haunted.

Margot stays at work helping to haul the injured now back from the healing station to the camp proper and then goes to collape in her tent. Busy day!

    Merek sheathes back his sword and whistles, before he mounts upon his horse who comes through. He calls to his men, "Throw sand on those fires once they are cleared up, we need to salvage what we can of the fences," he states. Then he unlatches his crossbow from his back and lifts it up while he kicks the side of his horse who moves forward. He seems to be looking for those that seem writ-bound or had killed their men, and then shoots a bolt.

Merek checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 45 higher.

Killian checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 7, rolling 37 higher.

With the Abandoned breaking ranks and the remainders cut down, Alexis lowers her blade, resting it to the ground, looking over at her shoulder where she finds the spear-tip of her foe lodged against the layers of metal, plucking it out with a slightly nonplussed look. Then she gives a small nod to Khanne. "You are alright, Lady Khanne?" She asks, voice quieting now. Swallowing, as her gaze darts to the headless corpse. Turning a little green, as the adrenaline starts to leave her. Exhaling through her mouth, and biting her lip, happy to keep from going after the fleeing Shav'arvani in favour of helping carry the wounded.

Sparte sees the combat is at an end, sliding away his staff and taking his first aid pouch in hand he goes to inspect the critically wounded people downed in battle to see if anyone might be saved who wasn't already sent to the mercy's tents. It may be a futile search, but it is something he can do. He glances over to Margot, giving a small shake of his head before continuing to walk through the downed soldiers.

Merek wields Crossbow.

Celerity the Tortoise arrives, delivering a message to Mia before departing.

Mereklove

%TClara hurries over to the medical tent to see how she can help. "Who needs me?" The young healer starts looking around to see who she can help.

Eilonwy is quiet and focused on seeing to triage once she realizes other people are helping the injured back. She ties a rag over her curls and gets to work. She flicks her eyes to Clara and smiles. "We should start with the worst." She offers calmly.

Reese checked composure at difficulty 15, rolling 2 lower.

Khanne nods to Alexis as she tries to help an injured man to the tent. "I am good, Alexis. Thank you for making sure I was." She seems to be rather singleminded in her duties at the moment, help those she can. She's not a healer, but she can help bring the injured to them.

Alistair takes a moment to wipe his blade of blood after having cleaved down a few of the rampaging Shavs, the man's cold eyes sweeping over the camp and taking an assessment of the damage done. His eyes fall upon Reese, the High Inquisitor staring at her. Is there blame in those eyes? Worry? Judgement? Anger. There is nothing, the Prodigal man just staring at her before he sheaths his blade.

Sparte checked luck + medicine at difficulty 15, rolling 5 higher.

    Eventually, Merek finishes off one or two more that had fled, and then takes his time to turn around to move back to camp. Once he has he then shifts the reins a bit, and leaps off the horse while his crossbow is placed on his back. "Did the Spirit get out of camp safely?" He also looks to where it was. He hadn't been paying too much attention. He then moves to help put out the remaining flames.

Reese is completely uninjured. She doesn't really look to be okay. As a General she really should get it together, but Reese is a very young general, a very new and a very passionate one. Tears bead on her pale lashes and she looks over the fallen Grayson warriors. She then looks lifts her gaze to Alistair, maybe noticing his staring. "Do you need to talk to me, Inquisitor?" She asks.

Merek checked composure at difficulty 20, rolling 6 lower.

Merek checked willpower at difficulty 20, rolling 3 lower.

Sparte gets a small tin pot, labeled 'Wounds', with a waxy ointment from a first aid pouch embroidered with a candle flame.

Shard is soon lost to sight in the trees, although the sound of her horse's hoofbeats can be heard for a minute or so longer. She doesn't turn back. It's clear she's not satisfied with one or two.

"I believe it is time for us to leave, Princess. This was one tribe of hundreds. More will come. Some will not have a well planned distraction." A glance is given to Khanne, as she interacted with the Spirit the most. "Some will have worse. Much worse. Blood now soaks these lands, and with blood comes power we cannot fight with simple blade and bow." Alistair rumbles out.

Killian doesn't even bother to watch as the spear flies towards the fleeing enemy, turning and picking up his swords, wiping them both down and resheathing them. He is somber and quiet and looks around him at the men who fell on the northwestern front. He kneels, saying prayers over the Compact's dead, collecting mementos from the Ashford fallen that he may return to their families. The massive wound in his shoulder doesn't hinder him at first, but eventually, the blood loss begins to slow him as the adrenaline wears off, and he rises. His silver armor is stained with blood once more, and he leaves a trail of it in the snow as he walks back towards the camp, reaching up to remove his helm as he approaches the camp. He seeks out Aislin, shaking his head when he finds her, "I'm sorry Aislin," he says quietly, "I'll inform their families when we return..they were following me."

Reese looks over to Alistair and her blue eyes are solemn. "Come to my tent?" She says, gesturing toward the very pink tent that seems almost to hopeful now.



Back to list