Skip to main content.

Written By Khanne

Sept. 13, 2018, 9:24 a.m.(8/3/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

On siblings:

I threaten to stab my brother in the foot all the time. He deserves the threat, usually. He's a brat and at times a troublemaker.... though he's tempered that a bit.

That said.... I also know my brother would have my back if I was ever in need of someone having my back. We may bicker, frequently, but the fact remains, we are siblings and protective of one another in our own ways.

Oh.. but now I have a lovely staff to threaten him with too. I am sure it will only be a matter of time before I have cause. The first one though, will be for Mirk.

Written By Valerio

Aug. 12, 2018, 11:58 p.m.(5/20/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

I recommend you save your Sister, not only for being your Sister. It's just that I am fairly certain she would find a way to haunt you for an eternity if you did not. Intimate moment with your loved one? No. Ghost-Khanne to make you rue the day. Is this a risk you'd be willing to take?

Written By Khanne

Aug. 12, 2018, 7:05 p.m.(5/19/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

Yes, but.....

Which of us would you save?

Written By Bianca

Aug. 9, 2018, 8:15 a.m.(5/13/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

I thought long on the scenarios posed and in the end came to the conclusion that as the world is an ever changing thing by Lagoma's grace there is no definitive answer, but only that which can be made in the here and now based on the information known.

At first thought my reply to the posed scenario ("If Godsworn can be recalled in order to ensure the continuation of a Noble Family") is no. But that is a rushed assumption based only upon the black and white of the posed scenario itself. Would the Gods seek the end of one of the Peerage's hallowed bloodlines? I don't believe so. So then is the answer yes and the Faith would release a Godsworn from their oaths? Again it seems a matter reliant on the finest detail of the circumstances in which the House came to be in such a state. Those details including if the Godsworn in question has posed request of release to the Faith. If they have not, then in my heart and mind the Faith would never demand a Godsworn to forego their vows to the Gods in favor of the matters of mortal men. But if they have? Another variable to take into consideration. Another weight to be added to the scale of decision-making.

The second scenario falls again into the realm of grey area. It all depends on circumstance. Was the child brought into this world before or after the oaths were taken? Was the parent aware of the existence of this child before or after their oaths? Was it a matter of frivolous irresponsibility? Or simply being unaware of an act of passion's outcome predating the promises made to the Gods? As for the child, the Faith would never abandon an innocent when given the opportunity to act, but that action very well may not be to release a Godsworn in favor of parental obligations. Conversely in very rare occasions, the Faith may indeed allow a Godsworn to take on parental obligations released from their vows. Again it is a question of circumstance.

In any outcome I would wager a fair bit of penitent acts would be expected and those acts are at the discretion of the Faith, ranging in severity from a blessed departure and fasting to being named an Oathbreaker and spending the rest of one’s days amidst the Silent Reflections or even potentially execution.

The last question I can only answer from a personal standpoint. "Is this because of the amount of those sworn to the Gods or would the Gods rather we care for those we owe blood and hearth too before them?"

To me these questions are of mortal responsibility, something the Gods are not troubled by nor concerned with. The Gods are aspirations. Something which we strive to emulate in our daily lives as the faithful. They exist beyond our utter understanding and hence to answer for them in this case without the tremendous amount of variables each individual scenario would entail along with a hefty amount of prayer I fear would be folly on my part.

As of late, many have come with questions regarding taking one's oaths to the Gods. Some who are considering it, some who are curious about what it entails and yet others who simply wish a good debate and this is a current hot topic. In the end I feel the matter rests in the heart of the Godsworn themselves. Each of us are individuals with our own motivations, passions and callings. To be released from one's oaths would need to begin in the heart of the Godsworn in question and be discerned by prayer and devotional acts before even presenting the possibility of release to the hierarchy of the Faith for consideration. The process would begin again within the hierarchy of the Faith, prayer and devotion and through that we would find the answer and every reply in it of itself would be individual to the particular situation involved.

Sadly in the end I realize that I have given no definitive reply, asking only more questions, but isn't that how we truly discern truth? Heavy scrutiny and an open mind? I hope at least the response I’ve given encourages any debating the decision of joining the Godsworn to heavily consider their motivations before making such a commitment. As seen in previous examples, even if one is released from their oaths it is a heavy burden to bear and they will face final judgment for their choices in this life upon return to the Wheel. The Queen of Endings shall determine if such a failing to uphold one’s oaths to the Gods will withhold them from another opportunity to return to Aion as a reborn soul with a new story to be written.

Written By Preston

Aug. 8, 2018, 7:34 a.m.(5/10/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

The first is simple enough, as it has happened - those who have undertaken vows, but where due to unforseen circumstance their noble family would collapse without their return, may be released from them. The well being of the compact, its strength and continued stability, is of importance to the Faith and the Gods. It would be exceptional, and down to the Dominus to decide.

Which is, I suspect the answer to the second. Though those with grown children have joined the Faith through the vows of the Godsworn, I am not familiar with any case where anyone has been absolved of responsibility for children, by the children being in the care of others or such, who has taken the vows. It would be a question for someone more learned in Faith bureaucracy than I. Ultimately such requests are down to the Dominus. Still, the fact we are free of the pulls and responsibility of dependents is one of the key parts of the Godsworn, so we are never tempted to place another above our service.

Written By Lumen

Aug. 6, 2018, 5:56 p.m.(5/3/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

If a person is not set right, their mind's contents will be allowed to unravel and they will become deranged. When I disagree with a course of action being taken by one of my superiors, whom I have the greatest respect for or I would not name them such, I engage with them privately on the matter. To do so publicly or not at all would be to potentially rob them of their ability to adjust themselves with dignity and would not only lower them, but me by virtue of being their follower.

Written By Gwenna

July 30, 2018, 11:26 a.m.(4/16/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

An exceptionally flattering remark, but I think none of us are so talented or educated that we might never have need to seek advice or insight from others, least of all me from you. We all have a focus - that thing we love to work on, to do well in, and enjoy while doing. Bringing people with those parts together to form a whole is what makes any family, organization, House, and surely even the Compact, as great as it can be. I am sincerely grateful for your kind words, though, and am glad that you are one of those parts for House Redrain.

Written By Darren

July 23, 2018, 9:49 a.m.(4/2/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

How much easier I find it to lead this fealty when all know I hold Arik Halfshav at bay, ready to unleash him upon the unsuspecting at a moment's notice. His meetings are becoming the stuff of legends, and I can always count on him to make a lasting impression. He is a rather... intense... man.

Soon I'll be able to get my way in the North merely by threatening to send Arik to dinner.

Written By Ann

July 23, 2018, 3:58 a.m.(4/1/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

You try to poke his eye out too?

Written By Thena

July 16, 2018, 8:52 a.m.(3/14/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

Perhaps if the nobles (or anyone, really) would stop going into the Lowers alone looking for 'rabid dogs' we wouldn't have this problem. The Iron Guard are not babysitters. If you silkies want to go make trouble in a place you should know better than to visit unaccompanied, bring your own.

Written By Shard

July 15, 2018, 11:34 p.m.(3/13/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

The Iron Guard can't be everywhere no matter how many members they have, and they can't protect people from every danger either. Although it's hardly just northern associated nobles that die in alleyways. To echo someone else, those are just the ones that get noticed.

Written By Joscelin

July 8, 2018, 7:57 p.m.(2/26/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

I can scribble a few words and send them in by assistant or messenger, but I find reasons to leave the house as a good way to get fresh air.

Sometimes I'll even nap in the archives.

Don't believe me? Good. It means I remain uncaught.

Written By Percephon

July 8, 2018, 7:23 p.m.(2/26/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

Keep your eyes open, brother-in-law, I know where you sleep.

Written By Tesha

June 25, 2018, 12:02 a.m.(1/27/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

My brother-in-law continues to surprise me in many ways and I grow fonder of him by the day. I think that one of these days I should probably learn to speak the language of the North, just in case I ever do anger him. It will give me a chance to at least I'm in trouble.

Written By Gwenna

June 20, 2018, 8:58 a.m.(1/17/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

While I do not know Lord Arik all that well yet, I am excited to get to work alongside him for House Redrain. If he's half as wonderful as his sister, Lady Khanne, I'm sure we will be fast friends.

Written By Clara

June 17, 2018, 6:04 a.m.(1/11/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

Likewise, I stand by Arik's observations on the topic of the Faith's Decree. It is true that this decision affects many who accept both Shamanism and the Pantheon as personal faith. Many have been barred from showing their devotion in a way of their choosing to their patron Gods due to the beliefs of an institution that is supposed to be working on integrating itself into the hearts and minds of people across The Compact.

Those that find themselves lost and betrayed have the option of letting this travesty poison their minds or we can take it as an opportunity to let our hearts grow by embracing that knowledge that all men are imperfect and subject to making grievous mistakes.

The Spirits and The Gods offer us wisdom but it is up to us whether or not we choose to listen and so I extend to people a thought... Will we embrace our fellow men and women in The Compact despite their faults or do we continue to hold a grudge against the Dominius for his apparent slight against an entire culture?

After my own knee jerk reactions, something I am not wholly proud of but will own, I feel that it is best for myself and others that we continue to work on bridging the gap between the acceptance of Gods and Spirits, Shamans and Archlectors, Shamanism and The Faith. Anyone event is welcome to come and speak with me on the topic if they need an ear.

Written By Percephon

June 15, 2018, 9:38 p.m.(1/9/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

Challenge accepted, my good brother-in-law.

Written By Clara

June 14, 2018, 9:49 p.m.(12/26/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

Arik, you look so good in abstract rainbows with fluffy white clouds! That was fun. Let's do it again sometime.

Written By Fredrik

June 5, 2018, 7:50 p.m.(12/3/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

From: Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: Play on words?

I cannot tell if your post was a clever play on words regarding your house name, or an actual opinion, but either way?

I support it.

Written By Cirroch

June 3, 2018, 7:09 p.m.(11/27/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Arik

They say wherever there is danger, there lurks opportunity; wherever there is opportunity, there lurks danger. The two are inseparable. Lord Arik seems to be a man who understands this well. I can see him being someone who I will be working with regularly on behalf of both our houses.

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry