Skip to main content.

Rite of Gloria: A Hunt

In Preparation for the Rites of Gloria on a large scale, Legate Cassandra Laurent is organizing a hunt in the Gray Forest. Any hunters or those with perception are welcome - as there will be a need for lookouts in case of any danger that may be lurking about. There is a moderate risk in this event, as we are hunting boar.

Date

Oct. 12, 2018, 1 p.m.

Hosted By

Cassandra

GM'd By

Cassandra

Participants

Coraline Rowenova Lucita Aksel Delilah Harlex Domonico Bianca

Organizations

Faith of the Pantheon

Location

Outside Arx - Gray Forest - Deeper in the Gray Forest

Largesse Level

Grand

Comments and Log


Upon receiving news that Edain will not be making the hunt, Cassandra seems briefly disappointed, she had known how much he had looked into it. However, she draws in her breath to look over the grouping and favors Rowenova and her hound with a smile. "Is he any good at tracking?" she asks with a smile as she settles on her mount. She's not going to be in the hunt herself. She's no hunter. However, she sits in the opening outside the Grayson encampment, waiting for the others to gather so that they may begin.



Once situated, the woman sits taller in her saddle, looking over the hunting party and clears her throat. "Thank you all for coming out." she offers to the small group of hunters. "A scout earlier in the day spied some large boars in the area, so I am hoping that we will have a bountiful afternoon." she offers. The weather is crisp - cool enough to make a fire inviting at night and an extra layer of clothing in the day. And the benefit of the cooler weather is that the biting insects are no longer about.



"If you do not mind, may I start the day with a prayer before we head out?" she suggests to the group, bowing her head to wait for the others to follow suit.

Scribble, a Delicate Social Butterfly arrives, following Delilah.

Golden, an Oakhaven bloodhound, Gunther, a Rottweiler, 1 Saik Guard, Delilah, Mist Dancer arrive, following Lucita.

Delilah gets a leather lower-face mask from Velvet Lined Wooden Gift Box.

Delilah puts an one shoulder angle pleated gauzy seasilk gown in a willow basket with a white ribbon tied to the handle - Delilah.

Delilah puts the dawnwalker's silver stitched stockings in a willow basket with a white ribbon tied to the handle - Delilah.

Delilah puts a pair of dawnwalker shimmering slippers in a willow basket with a white ribbon tied to the handle - Delilah.

Cora had arrived light today, a strong boar spear in hand, you know medium weapon sized boar spear. Anyway she is looking calm and ready for a hunt. At the call to prayer she nods and bows her head.

While patting Sir Floppington along his side, Scout Rowenova smiles up toward Cassandra with a tiny nod. "Aye, he is." She quiets for the prayer to begin.

Upon receiving news that Edain will not be making the hunt, Cassandra seems briefly disappointed, she had known how much he had looked into it. However, she draws in her breath to look over the grouping and favors Rowenova and her hound with a smile. "Is he any good at tracking?" she asks with a smile as she settles on her mount. She's not going to be in the hunt herself. She's no hunter. However, she sits in the opening outside the Grayson encampment, waiting for the others to gather so that they may begin.



Once situated, the woman sits taller in her saddle, looking over the hunting party and clears her throat. "Thank you all for coming out." she offers to the small group of hunters. "A scout earlier in the day spied some large boars in the area, so I am hoping that we will have a bountiful afternoon." she offers. The weather is crisp - cool enough to make a fire inviting at night and an extra layer of clothing in the day. And the benefit of the cooler weather is that the biting insects are no longer about.



"If you do not mind, may I start the day with a prayer before we head out?" she suggests to the group, bowing her head to wait for the others to follow suit.

Lucita rides into the area on Mist Dancer, Delilah riding double with her. Her hound and guard dog accompany her. She pulls up short of the group and asks softly. "Shall I tie the horse off here to graze or are the hunters mounted this time?" A smile is given the others present.

The crispness of the air of the night be damned it seems. Aksel has elected to come to this thing in nothing but a pair of boots and leather leggings. He's not with the main group, off to the side kneeling in the dirt his hands resting on his thighs. At his side is a large spear. When Cassandra calls for a prayer, the Northman gathers some dirt from the ground and wipes it along his chest before rising, snagging his spear and joining the main group to do the whole prayer thing to the Gloria.

Harlex wields a rugged and heavy boar spear.

Delilah is no expert rider, so best that she goes double with the Baroness-consort. Though with Lucita, she exudes a total confidence for her surroundings that comes with actually being outside. Beautiful surroundings in the panoply of autumn visible all around, bits of copper and bronze scattered among gold. Certainly she isn't the heaviest armed person by any means. Nonetheless, she dismounts with some ease and lands upon her feet, nimble enough, and inclines her head to the others in greeting.

"You may ride if you wish, Baroness, or you can go on foot. The grounds that the boars were spotted in were in tangled woods, so the way may be harder for those on horseback." Cassandra offers. Then she begins her prayers.



"By our honorable conduct as a hunter let us give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for Gloria, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt." she begins, before continuing. As she does so, she guides the horse about to gently dab each hunter with a bit of holy water.



"Gloria, may we make an honest count of game, respecting the legal limits of game in order to preserve the balance of life and death among the animals. May we so love the truth that we always give an honest recounting of the hunting stories while keeping them interesting to our friends. May I also listen to our friends’ stories with enjoyment and without envy."



Her prayer and blessings complete, Cassandra pulls back. "Scout Rowenova, would you like to lead us out to the hunting grounds?"

A migratory penitant, bearing his cross of violence along shoulders, hands draped over weighty pole. Harlex arrives on foot in time for the prayer and falls still to receive it and then carries on to join with the other hunters.

Rowenova looks up with a smile to Cassandra then briefly bows before she heads toward those hunting grounds, Sir Flop heeling beside her, and her boar spear as her walking stick for the time being.

Cora grins as the hunt begins and follows Rowenova and Sir Flops.

Cassandra GM Roll checked dexterity(3) + stealth(1) at difficulty 15, rolling 0 higher.

Lucita listens carefully then dismounts and anchors Mist Dancer where the horse can safely graze then joins the group. She grins at Harlex and positions herself where his bulk and better weapon serves as a safety barrier to the Baroness and her dagger. To Delilah she murmurs. "Just be careful. I've only killed one thing before and that was with help."

Rowenova checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 38 higher.

Delilah checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 44 higher.

Lucita checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 2 higher.

Harlex checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 35 higher.

Coraline checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 18 higher.

Aksel checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 20 higher.

Harlex provides bulk and weapon for the baroness of course and gives a sharp eyed wink to her grin.

Domonico has come along on the hunt, arguably more as an observer in his mind to see how this goes. Interested in the process of hunting on land in an enviroment alien to his comfort zone. Dom has no boar spear, just his xiphos.

Domonico checked perception + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 2 higher.

Lucita wields Ember Reckoning, a rubicund dagger.

Aksel lowers his head in respect when Cassandra starts the prayer. When finished he mouths silently, what looks to be, 'Gloria watch over us.' He hefts his large spear over his shoulder and sits out a bit a ways, on the left flank of Rowenova and slightly behind her. Eyes appealed for the target game. Or anything nasty that goes bump in the forest at night.

The wayward sylph of the woods plucks the coverage of her hood over her face, and thus becomes fairly well suited to vanishing into the mottled colours of the forest. Delilah carries the lightest of arms, but unencumbered, she can slip among the behemoths with the greatest of ease after the Legate conducts her prayer. She adds a light murmured tone of acknowledgment and follows in the wake of Lucita, a bright wave offered to Rowenova, the best flop-pup, and Coraline. Let the others fan out around them, she drifts into the rhythms of nature with considerable ease. "If trouble comes, I'll take to the trees." Conveniently following Lucita means Harlex is in the way of trouble, right? And that's the best.

Delilah wields some steel hairpins of summer sunshine on crashing tropical waves.

Domonico wields Wavecutter, a high quality steel Xiphos.

The tracks are easy to find. There's more than one boar, as several tracks and smashed roots and dug up ground proves. The tracks head deeper into the forested area, the chirp of birds quieting at the approach of the humans.

Rowenova waves back, doing so with a smile then treks forth with focused gaze, quarter twirling her boar spear with the steel head of it toward the ground with which she points out the boar tracks. "One male, two sow, and at least five piglets." She quietly speaks to Aksel not far behind her for him to possibly pass along. Her furred and leather garb protect her from the plants which might scrape her. Meanwhile, Sir Flop perks up his floppy ears as much as he possibly can as he stares ahead with a twitching nose.

Lucita grins back at Delilah after the prayer ends with her respectfully listening. and praying silently along with Cassandra. She murmurs gently. "You should him.." She nods to indicate Harlex. "... astride a crocodile and sword swinging while trying to keep it away from Legate Bianca and me." She falls quiet, gaze sweeping over her surroundings as they follow Rowenova and the tracks along.

"Ayup," Aksel responds back to Rowenova with a bob of his head. At that bit of news, he quietly moves further to the left of the woman out front. Likely to allow for space, and to maybe to flank the prey. His large spear comes off his shoulder now and into more of a ready position.

Domonico is at the back of the party, hand on Wavecutter's hilt, hardly even stalking along and hardly camoflaged in his red and black armour and more importantly that bright red cloak. He scans the woods, wondering what is out there.

The turning of the forest is always a beautiful thing. As the greens give themselves over to their own Queen to start to make their own turn to only return again in the spring, the lush browns, reds, yellows, and bronzes of the forest provide a colorful canopy and the sun is allowed to find purchase to rain down its light upon the hunting group of they make their way, the footfalls of the group causing them to crush the twigs and leaves beneath their boots.



At the edge of the clearing, the group can make out where the boars are. There's the piglets. They are playing and learning the skills of survival that would carry them on later in life. One of the sows is currently rooting - the black rooted fungus that she is bringing up is easily noted by those with culinary skill as truffles. The large boar is standing towards the middle, watching over his harem, and looking out into the woods.

Harlex eases down low and draws up the hood of his jacket. He takes up his spear and gives the other hunters an affirming nod. He'll follow their lead. All the while being an excellent bulwark against danger. You know, for those who need a bulwark. His eyes move from the piglet to the sows and then the threat of the male.

Cora doesn't need a bulark, but also places herself in position to be one if necessary. Even still she too readies her spear, eyes firmly on those adult boar, she does eye the male because damn those tusks are big.

Maths may not be the strong suit for Aksel, but he knows how to count to at least 10 - without using his fingers even. He stops short when they come within sight of the boars and does the mental check list. 1 male, check. Piglets, check. 2 sows, - now wait just a moment. His eyes furiously glance about trying to area trying to find the location of the missing Sow.

Sir Floppington and his wolf scout momentarily hold to glance back toward everyone else, making sure they are all ready to go before she takes action.

Harlex holds up a hand to Nova and Flop. He looks at Aksel and gives a nod, affirming whatever was being conveyed silently with the look around. He points to the sow and then Nova and then two fingers.

Domonico is at the back of the hunting party, trying to be quieter as he follows the party, watching the actions of them carefully. He misses the salt air and spray, this wood is alien to him.

Lilah is light and swift on her feet, stepping in the ghostly progress of Lucita and Harlex. The third member of that triad keeps a sharp eye for any indication of movement approaching them. As an adventurer, she might as well at least play the role of secondary Lookout. She avoids twigs and branches, the moss that might turn an ankle. Piglets playing around hardly makes her chirp with delight. She remains back from the edge of the clearing, considering the higher range of the trees. Just in case. Nothing like being free to stay out of the reach of wicked piggery. Go ahead, ye ol' friends, have at.

Lucita stays quiet, focused not just on the group of boars but their surroundings, a quick glance is even given upward from time to time. She looks toward the more experienced hunters to lead this but she does have dagger in hand, ready to help when or if needed.

Sir Alren, 2 Templar Knight guards arrive, following Bianca.

Rowenova nods to Harlex with a thankful smile then motions out with her spear, doing so with slow grace, toward the second male trying to draw away that second sow, then moves closer to Aksel and nods her chin out to the duo, rather than the family with kids.

As the party watches, it is Rowenova and Aksel that find the missing sow. And they aren't alone in this hunt - if not for different reasons. As the sow retreats back to the others, another - younger (you can tell by the smaller tusks) male enters the clearing. He snorts at the older and larger male and paws at the ground. The younglins retreat towards the sows, leaving the two larger males in the opening.

Sir Floppington, the soulful hound have been dismissed.

Harlex notes the arrival of the second Male. It clears the area. Two instead of the whole litter. They were fighting for the control of the "harem" or what have you. What is a group of boar called? A mess. The sellsword takes up his spear and moves a bit. He nods to Askel. He whispers something.

Bianca was late! And so she and her small retinue carefully rode horseback through the woods in search of the hunting party, granted they were careful to remain on predetermined paths rather than just barrel off into the woods to be eaten by a grue. Or y'know... scare off whatever the group was tracking. Even so once she neared the area where the group had intended to begin their hunt the horses slowed and Sir Alren in specific was quick on the lookout to spot the shining Sword of the Faith through the heavy foliage. It took some squinting and forging ahead, but once the woman was spotted he gestured for the Legate and Templar guard who had stayed with her to follow at a careful pace to Cassandra's side. Hopefully their approach was quiet enough not to eff anything up!

Bianca gets an ethereal leather cloak bearing the symbols of the Gods from Messenger Bag.

Delilah checked dexterity + survival at difficulty 15, rolling 48 higher.

Lucita moves into a position she can watch Harlex and Delilah's backs, dagger at the ready if anything gets close enough but is not about to run out toward two boars armed with a dagger and get 'that' close to them without very very good reason if she can avoid it.

Coraline checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 31 higher.

Harlex checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 58 higher.

Apparently this hunt has turned into a domestic dispute of the natural order of things. Aksel's green-gold flecked eyes narrow ever so slightly and he glances to the group, "This ain't a hunt any more," his voice rough, "it's a damn domestic dispute." He shakes his head at what Harlex whispers and responds back so all can hear, "Ain't fuckin right to leave the sows without protection."

"True, but keep in mind what he is about to fight is gonna be us. Did we come here to hunt boar or look at em? Either hit the big male or hte little male but leave one behind I think. The bigun is going to be the more dangerous to /us/ as well you know." Cora says dryly.

Cassandra GM Roll checked dexterity(4) + dodge(2) at difficulty 46, rolling 12 lower.

Cassandra GM Roll checked dexterity(4) + dodge(2) at difficulty 73, rolling 51 lower.

Aksel checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 36 higher.

Domonico quietly further back, Domonico draws the leaf shaped Wavecutter and half crouches, ready to aid anyone needing it.

Cassandra GM Roll checked dexterity(5) + dodge(3) at difficulty 51, rolling 7 lower.

Cassandra GM Roll checked strength(6) + small weapon(3) at difficulty 15, rolling 39 higher.

Cassandra GM Roll checked strength(6) + small weapon(3) at difficulty 15, rolling 65 higher.

Cassandra GM Roll checked strength(5) + small weapon(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

With the combatants moving forward, Delilah goes about tidying up the glorious woodlands in all their jeweled grandeur. That gem box of carmine and vermilion requires greater help than one mere mortal might offer. But then, as much as Bianca is an otherworldly spirit on that lovely steed, is she herself not something of a fleet-footed elemental? Turns out the sylph has wood nymph cousins, for she gracefully stoops to pluck up a few stray branches that still bear summer foliage. Discarding one or two, she strips off leaves where unwanted and turns the remainder into withies through deft weaving. The process is far slower than anything those fighting the boar face; on the other hand, patchwork walls shall rise among the bushes, and interposed barriers by the turn of a twig, the drop of a rock, inhibit some of those game tracks carved by iddy-biddy hooves. The plucked fern that strays in a wicked arch, held down by a planted twig, certainly doesn't /harm/ anyone. Surely? So that's how scholars use their daggers. Or the Leafwalker does, by making a new and exciting playground around Lucita.

Harlex checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 54, rolling 12 higher.

Coraline checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 70, rolling 10 lower.

Aksel checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 29, rolling 6 lower.

Cassandra has rolled 5 20-sided dice: 5, 5, 9, 13, 17

Cassandra has rolled 4 20-sided dice: 3, 10, 14, 20

49 inflicted and Coraline is harmed for serious damage.

47 inflicted and Aksel is unharmed.

47 inflicted and Aksel is harmed for serious damage.

Lucita is in her armor and she watches the others, aghast at the damage they are taking. Her gaze darts from person to person as she wields her dagger. To Bianca she murmurs. "I'm no medic, need to get them behind us for wounds to be tended?" She has her leather armor on and as she moves it makes a little rasping sound. "Maybe if it gets too close to them, can help."

So Cora's brilliant deduction(tm) makes perfect sense to her. Knowing that the biggest threat is that big male, she goes ahead and attacks the big male. Maybe she is having an off morning for logic, seemed legit at the time. Her spear does strike true! Well sort of. It hits for sure but leaves an opening for that big male to strike back. She feels a deep score along her thigh and yup, there is some solid cursing that happens at this point. She is bleeding rather profusely but does NOT let go of that spear.

It's the thrill of it really. The smell of fear and instinct. Harlex moves in with the others and his spear goes strike into the flank of the older boar. His grip firm and his face stirred alive with wolfish glee in his cold, bright eyes. He uses the wings to keep it from climbing the shaft and narrowly evades the swung of terrible tusks that come his way. They aren't done yet. He grins a bit, pushing all his weight into the side of the beast to out muscle him and bleed him down.

"For the record, this is the stupidest hunts in the history of stupid hunts," Aksel comments as he rolls towards the smaller of the two males. His spear at the ready and slamming into the littler of the two. He hops back a bit and watches. Apparently he watches too long and gets a tusk straight into the upper thigh. It rips right through his pants, bright red flowing quickly from his wound. Judging by the scars riddled on Aksel's body, especially the two claw marks on his chest, Aksel knows how to bleed. Bleed so good.

Cassandra glances aside to Bianca as she hears the yelling and snorting and she looks momentarily concerned. "You think they are alright, Mother?" she asks.

Bianca watched on through the trees a moment as the hunters engaged their targets from her perch at Cassandra's side, but as things began going South and Lucita's murmur was heard she made to dismount (as did Sir Alren) while other two Templar took the reigns of their steeds. She nodded to Lucita, "Doesn't quite sound like it, Mother." She replied to Cassandra, fishing in her bag briskly for her gauze and salves. "I can patch them up as needed until we can get them to the House of Solace."

Bianca gets Bottle of Blancbier Healing Salve from Messenger Bag.

"Do make sure the boars are dispatched before you go charging in, Bianca." Cassandra casts a look to the other Legate.

Coraline checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 36 higher.

Harlex checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 34 higher.

Domonico steps forward, his eyes flicking between the boars and the injured people and makes a decision, running in to stab down at the boar that has injured Coraline.

Domonico checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 34 higher.

Aksel checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 45 higher.

The boars move on the attack, no longer concerned with each other now that there is larger predators hunting them. They struggle and fight, trying to break away from the agressors. The sows and piglets, in the meantime, find no way to escape, due to the trap that Delilah and Lucita are working on putting together keeping them hemmed into the clearing.

Cassandra GM Roll checked dexterity(4) + dodge(2) at difficulty 51, rolling 20 lower.

Cassandra GM Roll checked dexterity(4) + dodge(2) at difficulty 49, rolling 23 lower.

Cassandra GM Roll checked dexterity(5) + dodge(3) at difficulty 49, rolling 19 lower.

Cassandra GM Roll checked dexterity(5) + dodge(3) at difficulty 60, rolling 18 lower.

Bianca nodded up to the Sword (Sir Alren clearly also agreeing with the Mother's sentiment), "I promise, I'll keep my distance until it's safe to move in," she replied. Granted she still moved forward to at least find the edge of the clearing and be nearer to Delilah and Lucita, salves and gauze moved to the upper most portion of her bag and bow drawn in preparation. Cover was used as best she could for being a beacon of white.

Cassandra GM Roll checked strength(6) + small weapon(3) at difficulty 15, rolling 35 higher.

Cassandra GM Roll checked strength(6) + small weapon(3) at difficulty 15, rolling 34 higher.

Cassandra GM Roll checked strength(4) + small weapon(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 13 higher.

Cassandra GM Roll checked strength(4) + small weapon(2) at difficulty 15, rolling 20 higher.

Harlex checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 49, rolling 32 higher.

Coraline checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 50, rolling 4 lower.

Domonico checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 35, rolling 31 higher.

Aksel checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 28, rolling 32 higher.

Cassandra has rolled 4 20-sided dice: 3, 8, 15, 16

Harlex checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 99, rolling 7 lower.

Cassandra has rolled 8 20-sided dice: 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 12, 18, 20

79 inflicted and Harlex is harmed for serious damage.

Lucita helps with keeping any of the boars from flanking the hunters and watching out for them, dagger at the ready if they are close enough for her to need to strike. She moves forward a step and murmurs. "Anyone wounded badly enough I can help defend them?

More stabbing! Yes, Cora is bleeding rather copiously, does she notice? Well obviously but telling your brain to stfu and ignring it seems to be her thing. She stabs the boar again, "Die you son of a assbutt just die." she mutters as she does that stabbing thing. After squealing angrily and probably cursing her out in boar, the male is about to give tit for tat when Harlex, in all of his manly mannesss takes the goring for her. "The fuck you do?" Cora asks surprised.

Domonico stabs Wavecutter in deep before springing back, a flurry of movement and a sweep of his red cloak as the Malvici, light-footed, slidesteps the charge with a casual grace, "Cora and Harlex are wounded!" he cries out loudly, trying to keep one of the boars focused on him.

Cassandra is overheard praising Harlex: Temporary Alingment: Chaotic Stupid

Quick as lighting, Aksel moves to attack the boar. His spear dips into the soft flesh, trying to find vital organs beneath. Apparently it isn't enough but regardless of his leg bleeding when the little dude turns his tusks on Aksel, he's nimble enough to back away from the attack.

The sow and piglets try to get past Delilah's net, snorting and squealing as they make their protests. Do you really want to kill mommies and their cute itty bitty babies - that snap and bite if someone gets too close!

Goodbye charming piggies! Delilah continues to build up a variety of breaks that make an intentional bash through the undergrowth by a lowered snout and five hundred pounds of angry pig somewhat more difficult. When the sow guides her babies to relative safety, she whirls on her feet and lightly retreats with her back to the trees, not to the parade of squeakers. Let them be on their merry way to tell about the day Daddy and New Daddy got turned into High Lord Ham.

Lucita leaves Delilah to decide what to do about the moms and babies and steps where she can, hopefully, defend Coraline a little. She pulls her cloak to a position it can be used to flap and draw a boar's attention and hopefully make it go for the cloth instead of a person.

Domonico checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 47 higher.

Domonico checked dexterity + dodge at difficulty 15, rolling 33 higher.

Cassandra GM Roll checked dexterity(5) + dodge(3) at difficulty 62, rolling 1 lower.

Cassandra GM Roll checked strength(4) + small weapon(2) at difficulty 48, rolling 13 lower.

His grip tightens on the spear, another swing comes and he easily evades it; he has complete control of the situation. The blade stays in, he twists it, he bleeds out his prey. He doesn't let up. But then Harlex sees Cora stabbing at the boar repeatedly and the way the beast's head thrashes in her direction. She's already hurt. Another hard hit could flatten her, kill her maybe. So he does a great and foolish thing. He swings to the side, using all his strength to push the boar and Cora apart, and then there's a sound in the backlash. One of the tusks ramming up into his side. Tearing his shirt. Blood breathes from the gored hole with a plump. The sellsword grits his teeth; blood between them. He doesn't look back at the fellow hunter but he says, "Just kill the fuckin' pig." And he turns that blade even harder inside of the boar.

Bianca checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 15, rolling 26 higher.

Cassandra GM Roll checked dexterity(5) + dodge(3) at difficulty 41, rolling 15 higher.

A preparatory wince appears as Cora fully anticipates those sharp pig teeth are going to enjoy a side of Cora, but it never happens. Instead blunt force trama as Harlex slams into her, and landing hard on the ground she scowls. "What do you think I was trying to do? I wasn't exactly asking it to tea!" Now that the big pig is down she nods a thanks to Lucita and Dominco before helping with the young male.

Aksel checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 46 higher.

Cassandra GM Roll checked dexterity(5) + dodge(3) at difficulty 61, rolling 26 lower.

Lucita checked dexterity + small wpn at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

A squeal of pain erupts from the pig he is attacking as Wavecutter's keen edge cuts through tough hide and the raptor springs back, face deadly serious as he vacates the space where the boar's goring tusks were. It's so strange fighting against something not human as different tactics and approaches are needed. A strike that would incapacitate human only enrages a boar further.

A slow breath was exhaled as she set her sights on the remaining piggy from her place in the covering tree-line. Arrow notched, aim taken and before she brought in a fresh breath that arrow was loosed. The plus side was she didn't hit any of the hunters. The downside is she still missed the pig, arrow sailing nearby it to thunk harshly in a tree clear across the clearing. Brow knit slightly, readying another arrow with slight frown tugging at her lips.

Harlex slams the large boar down into the dirt and gives his spear one more twist before he pulls it loose. He stumbles back. Hm, that's a lot of blood. Hearing the fading death throes of the young challenger, he starts away from the clearing. The fabric of his linen shirt clinging to the sucking wound that opens his side.

Looking around and seeing both males down, Cora nods, she rips some cloth to help with the bleeding then begins pulling out her bandages and such, "Who needs healing?" she asks looking around, "I am a physician so I know what I am doing."

It's all rather uncermonious the ending of the little pigs life. No war cries from Aksel, no elaborate spins and stabs. After Domonico's blade dips in the little guy, Aksel has time enough to bring his spear straight into the back of the boars head coming out the bottom of the snout. "Someone is going to have to explain to me how this was brought glory to Gloria, I'm just a stupid Northerner after all."

Delilah trusts the others to handle the business of patching and mending. If they rely on her to deal with those injuries then things have taken a pretty pass indeed. She slips through the gore-stricken clearing once it's clear that everyone is free of the dangers of nasty boars or sad mamas with their babies going on a trail of tears to some clearing far away from their own lush spot. "Someone may want to bring those truffles back," she calls to Lucita, or at least Lucita-ward. Her knife? It's already out, a pair of daggers presented. "I'll be sure to cut a portion for the High Lord, unless someone else really feels up to it." Butchery from the Whitehawk lady? Believe it, considering that she starts settling in between the pigs to do the hard work; particularly fast at it, too.

Bianca lowered bow and resinched it to her back. "Princess, with all due respect, stop your bleeding first." Her words held a gentle keel to them as she emerged from the tree-line, pale eyes first on Coraline before she began assessing the wounds of the others. "I can help until you're wound is seen to, or see to that gouge myself." She smiled. At Aksel's words she chuckled, "I'm sure either Mother Cassandra or myself will be happy to explain."

1 Templar Initiates, 2 Templar Knight guards leave, following Cassandra.

Lucita did not kill anything this time, something that she does not seem to mind. She did try to watch backs and keep any other boars from flanking the hunters, and stepped forward willing to help defend wounded so perhaps not totally useless. She steps back out of the way to quietly watch and as Delilah speaks, nods and gathers some of the truffles to divide with everyone present.

Lucita gets a skinning knife from the Lodge from a subtly textured sturdy yet lightweight trail pack.

Delilah wields rich burgundy dagger edged in iron gray.

1 Templar Initiates, 2 Templar Knight guards arrive, following Cassandra.

See, Bianca makes sense but Cora is stubborn and well that is enough really, "Oh I will but it doesn't feel right to get sorted first. I can help see to the others then can get treated. I won't bleed out before then." She nods and limps towards Harlex with a wicked shimmer in her eyes, "And I will start with you. Sit." she orders.

Harlex finds a tree and lays down his spear. He moves to support his back against it, after removing his jacket which--mercifully--avoided the goring. Yes, just wonderful. The sellsword takes in a breath and sits quietly a low hiss as he lifts the side of his shirt, rolling it over the large wound. It's pretty bad and deep. When he's all set, he looks toward Coraline. He doesn't complain, one look at his torso and he's a gross mess of ancient scars. Some worse than this new wound.

Bianca didn't argue... but she definitely didn't seem PLEASED with Coraline's assertion. As the bleeding (and stubborn!) princess moved to help Harlex, she in turn crossed the clearing to Aksel and again drew that sweet smelling salve and gauze from her bag. When she made it to the Northerner she asked simply, "May I?"

Lucita watches the aftermath of the hunt, the wounded being tended, the blood splattered ground and each person's expression. "I cn help if you need a hand to hold something for you."

Domonico ceases his attacks as Aksel finishes the distracted and injured boar. His face, etched in a frown, nods to the Northern, "A fine spear strike." His eyes sweep across the glade at the dead boars and the other, badly injured, hunters. The Malvici Raptor seems to have escaped the hunt with nary a scratch on him and he stands, broad shouldered and hands on hips as he says, "So. That was a boar hunt."

"You faced the boar on it's terms - even with the arrival of a second. You did not dishonor the creature, and you honored yourself - and in the same way, you honored the boar and Gloria in the process. To have snared the boar and then cut it's throat would have been a disservice." Cassandra explains as she arrives with her guards to assist to carry the boars out of the clearing and to a waiting cart.

Delilah has rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1

With a grunt Cora settle so that she can get to work on Harlex, "I wanna buy you a drink for taking the hit for me and I kinda also wanna punch you for it. Thanks man." she notes to her fellow hunter warrior as she begins patching him up.

Cassandra is overheard praising Delilah: Saving the little piggies

"You can do both," he promises and looks aside. As she works, he only makes a few sounds of discomfort but its clear the soldier is unfortunately all too familiar with the practice of staying still while someone closes up his guts. "It ain't nothin. Thanks for patching me." Harlex adds.

"Well, someones gonna have to do it," Aksel comments to Bianca before giving his assent to let her patch him up. It's a nasty wound in his upper thigh, but not life threatening in the least bit. The pants are certainly ruined. No ammount of patch work is going to fix them up. He gives a shake of his head and quietly moves away from the group to once again to drop to his knees, using his spear now to gently lower himself. Spear is placed next to him and just how he started the hunt, his hands rest on his thighs and his head droops in some sort of quiet prayer / ritual. Just like before with the rubbing of dirt on his chest, Aksel's large hands brings a fist full of dirt from the ground before him and wipes on his face. He rises gingerly to his feet and glances about the group.

Lucita gets a bottle of special brand, Saikland Remembers, premium whiskey from a subtly textured sturdy yet lightweight trail pack.

Lucita drops a bottle of special brand, Saikland Remembers, premium whiskey.

Lucita tucks away her skinning knife, her dagger, distributes the truffles amid everyone and checks in her pack. She sets out a bottle of whiskey if any should wish to use it, still quietly watching.

Harlex picks up a bottle of special brand, Saikland Remembers, premium whiskey.

Harlex drops a bottle of special brand, Saikland Remembers, premium whiskey.

Bianca went about her work, kneeling beside Aksel as a prayer was also murmured beneath her breath in a bit of Pantheon/Shamanism synergy. Once the sweet smelling salve was spread (which stung at first, but then numbed it a bit) and the wound bound she gave the Northerner a pat on his shoulder after his rise. "You let me know if anything feels loose." And then she proceeded on to Coraline next, mending in the same fashion as she had with Aksel. A soft prayer to Lagoma and a bound wound.

Bianca added to Cora, "When you're feeling well enough, will you please double check my work on Aksel? I'll make sure Harlex gets a bit of salve for disinfecting as well."

"Will take you up on that when you finish healing. And you're welcome" Cora nods, "The drink and punch both." Patting him on the shoulder Cora sighs and settles down herself moving the cloth of the pants so it no longer sticks to the wound and cleaning the wound to prepare for Bianca. "Thanks for the patch up." she says quietly.

Delilah keeps on skinning the pigs like there's no tomorrow. Because in a way there is not.

Cora nods in agreement with Bianca's request, "Of course."

Delilah is overheard praising Cassandra: All hail the glory of... Gloria?

Bianca's soft smile was given to Coraline, "It's my pleasure." Since Harlex was near and Cora had already more or less finished him up, all she did was exactly as she said. Spread a bit of salve.. though she didn't ask with him. She just did it. Deal with it, Harlex!



Back to list