Skip to main content.

Written By Aleksei

June 25, 2018, 3:53 p.m.(1/28/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

Wait, no! Stop! Stop that!

Written By Aleksei

June 25, 2018, 3:41 p.m.(1/28/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

I slept for like TWO DAYS also you're NOT MY BOSS ANYMORE. Keso, make sure those bits are all capitalized right--

Written By Clara

June 25, 2018, 1:36 p.m.(1/28/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

I want to preface my response with saying thank you for journal, Legate. I appreciate that you have taken the time to write something so detailed for us all and I have nothing but the utmost respect for The Faith and those who serve within it. And that isn't lip service, I promise. It is what I sincerely and truly feel. So when I say "thank you" I hope that you will believe I mean it.

While I grew up with Mangata, Petrichor, and Lagoma being talked about around me fairly often I never really paid much attention. That was a failing of my own. However, I would never mock The Faith or its values nor would I make journal posts saying that The Faith needed to remember to be humble. Note that I said spiritual leaders not Archlectors or The Faith. This was intentional as Shamans are also considered to be spiritual leaders and I was attempting to engage everyone in discussion not attack anyone.

I do admit that I let myself react poorly to the Dominus' decree but I had a reason or an excuse if you prefer. You see, I was considering learning more about The Faith, specifically Tehom, Death, and Lagoma as they are closest to me personally. I was exploring the options I might have if I wanted to devote myself to a specific God or Goddess. So it was a bit of a personal reaction versus a logical reaction and if my reactions gave you, or anyone else, any offense I apologize. I was wrong to behave that way and I recognize that as a place where I have room to grow and I welcome feedback in messengers or private meetings since it is very much a private matter to me.

A private matter that Archlector Vayne has been kind enough to speak with me on at length. I owe him a great deal of respect for his support and assistance these past couple months but most especially because instead of chastising me he opened his arms and assisted me. He helped me realize that it wasn't personal even though I was unknowingly taking it as such. That The Faith was doing what it felt it must and for a good many reasons. Though I do not necessarily agree with those reasons on a personal level he helped me step outside of myself for a moment and look at things from The Faith's perspective the best such things can be done. And so, at this point, I hold no grudge and am left only with disappointment.

With saying that, I was not attempting to be offensive to The Faith, nor anyone else, by bringing up the topic of Humility. I do thank you for engaging in the conversation. I found your words insightful. I honestly did not even know that there was a list of Virtues that the Faith held in high esteem. This is good to know since I have recently decided, in spite of my initial outrage with the Dominus, that the Gods need to have a place in my life. While I cannot bring myself to leave The Spirits behind altogether I recognize that the Gods do exist and as such deserve my attention and respect.

I will take your words and meditate on them and perhaps seek you out another time so that I can learn more from you. In the meantime, I wish you well.

--

(OOC: Will note that in the help file for Shamanism it does say they are considered Spiritual Leaders.... though that doesn't mean its not vexing to the Faith. xD)

Written By Edain

June 25, 2018, 1:15 p.m.(1/28/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

The reason humility is not one of the primary virtues of the faith is not that it is not divine, it is that it is a prime component of the other virtues that Gods demand of us. Justice, Mercy, Charity, Honor, Joy, Industriousness, Wisdom, Freedom, Love, Fidelity, and Patience, humility is part of the common clay through which we attain them all.

To be humble does not mean you are not proud, nor does it mean you are not bold. Nor does it mean we do not stand fast for our beliefs and virtues. This is why I believe it to be a misunderstood virtue. Many equate it to being the wolf in the pack that shows it's throat to the pack leader, when the humble one is the strong pack leader that knows even his weakest packmate has a role to play until he can run no more.

So in short while humility is not one of the Divine Virtues I believe it is an important facet of all of them.

Written By Mydas

June 23, 2018, 11:03 p.m.(1/25/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

A small correction might be required for the Legate's previous entry, as records show Mistress Mirari to be a Duelist within the Champions' Guild.

Written By Arik

June 17, 2018, 12:55 p.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

It is my understanding the challenged sets terms of the duel in the old traditional way of such things.

Written By Belladonna

June 17, 2018, 11:36 a.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

Perhaps you should check my past postings yourself, Legate. I never claimed that Fawkhul was -charged- with Esera's murder, I said he murdered her. People -saw- him push her from the bridge. Or would you shame the memory of Archduchess Esera Velenosa by claiming that he -didn't- push her physically from the bridge? I myself stated that he was never put to trial, that there was no execution. That Fawkhul simply managed to 'disappear'. Which, if he has not and you are aware of where he -is-, that is information that I am sure everyone from the Iron Guard to the King's Own would love to know. Whether he chose to stand down or not, he still lost the title 'Dominus'.

As to the current situation. If Fawkhul is so innocent of wrongdoing as you seem to be implying that he is, then what is the harm in making the comparison? If he was innocent of all that he was accused of, shouldn't the comparison to the current Dominus then be a good one? Its only if you accept that Fawkhul was guilty of the accusations that the comparison turns ugly.

Written By Clara

June 17, 2018, 11:02 a.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

I can understand where the Faith is coming from even if I am entirely in disagreement with the decision. However, I must ask then how the Faith intends to accommodate those who wish to serve the Gods in an official capacity without giving up their traditions. What does The Faith suggest for those who want to serve the Faith and keep their ancestral traditions? We have a lot of upset people here so there naturally should be some diplomatic efforts in place to establish peace around it. A compromise that can be struck to make people feel they are serving the Gods how they feel called to serve.

Written By Fredrik

June 17, 2018, 10:51 a.m.(1/12/1009 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

From: The Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject: Clarification

I am not a religious scholar, and while I love the Gods as much as most Islanders, and consider myself their servant, I do not dedicate nearly the time or attention that those of the church do to parsing religious matters, so I ask this earnest question in hopes of clarification.

In your Journal post (see post by Orazio of this same date), you said that it was an 'unfortunate trend' of recent years to induct Shav tribes while allowing to them to 'keep their own religions'. Those religions are, by and large, Shamanism. Which, in the North where many of these recent inductions have occured, is, as you say later in your own journal, completely within the bounds of the treaty with the North. Can you reconcile this for me? Are they allowed to keep their faith, or are they not? I understand that they must, of course, recognize Limerance due to swearing an oath on such, as well as recognizing the faith and traditions of the Compact, but this seems something of a contradiction on the surface.

Now of course, if you merely meant that Prodigals are being accepted without being told anything about the Faith of the Compact? Then of course, that is a very valid point, all who bend the knee should be instructed on this and the other salient points of joining with our august coalition.

Written By Rinel

June 10, 2018, 9:13 p.m.(12/18/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

Reading the Legate's words on balance fill me with a determination that has been sorely lacking. We must strive ever forward in our crusade against the darkness. Only light can guide the way--a mixture of light and dark provides nothing but shadows in which the Faithful may stumble.

Written By Venturo

May 27, 2018, 9:32 a.m.(11/10/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

The crotchety old Master I apprenticed with to learn the fine art of brewing had an idea of lessons: watch you fail, punish you, and then give short snippets of wisdom you had to dissect. I won't write down the particulars of the story that led to this little slice of wisdom, and I'll leave out a bit of the more colorful language he utilized, but in essence he said: 'Venturo, make it for the people you don't see, not the ones you do.' While we have yet to meet face to face, I know the Legate has had the opportunity to become intimately familiar with my craft. It is my intent that every drink crafted has such a compelling story in both its name and the taste to back it up, that you never need actually meet me to understand who I am, and the quality put into the craft. The Legate's help in an endeavor has been invaluable, and I appreciate both his assistance and his own appreciation for a good drink.

Written By Bliss

May 22, 2018, 10:38 a.m.(10/15/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

Regarding Twins:

That idea of the Gods decreeing a bounty of children would be why I am making my tea so strong, Legate. I simply want nothing to do with it. My own, personal tribute to Skald, I suppose, given the other topic of conversation in the Whites today.

Written By Briseis

May 20, 2018, 10 p.m.(10/12/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

I was so /so/ honored to meet Father Orazio at dinner last evening with Aleksei. I must have jotted down at least a half dozen churchly questions beforehand, but realized halfway through the dinner I was far more interested to learn about him than get him sermonizing for my benefit. I admit, I walked in starstruck, but left feeling even greater admiration for him after our discussion. He’s a kind man, and one I hope to speak with more in the immediate future.

Written By Harper

May 19, 2018, 7:53 p.m.(10/10/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

I got a habit of going back to the Tragedy. Don't talk much about it I s'pose but it's something I do because I wanna give those kids a fighting chance to do something good someday. So I picked up a few of them and we went to the park to get some play time in. Was bringing them back in time for supper when I busted in on the Legate playing games with a bunch of other kids.

I sure wasn't expecting that. (S'pose all the people standing around looking like big shiny brutes shoulda told me something was up, but we always got knights visiting us off and on when I was there, so I didn't really think much of it.) Dunno that I've felt quite that nervous meeting anyone before in my life! I mean, I go there a lot, but that's the first time that's ever happened. Took me by total surprise!

He's sure not what I expected. The kids liked him, so that's gotta say something good right? And, well, I gotta admit, he made me feel like I was interesting. Definitely wasn't expecting that!

Can't wait to tell Uncle Cal (and yeah Dame Thena, he's my uncle. I adopted him! No laughing this time!)

Written By Aureth

May 15, 2018, 3:58 p.m.(10/1/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

There are times when I face the altar instead of the congregation.

It is important to the message.

Written By Niklas

May 15, 2018, 3:54 p.m.(10/1/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

He's asking a question
He's asking a question
Oh me, oh my!
He's asking a question

Written By Eshra

May 13, 2018, 6:44 p.m.(9/25/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

Well met, I enjoyed our discussion and look forward to others. Thank you for your candor, it has left me a good deal to consider.

Written By Saoirse

May 9, 2018, 12:41 p.m.(9/17/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

That was the general tenor of the debate -- that teaching is not REQUIRED, but making public a need for coin was a gaffe.

Written By Victus

May 8, 2018, 4:51 p.m.(9/15/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

I'll try.

My name is Legate
I say a lot of shit
I'm a legate
I say a lot of sh

Nevermind, this ain't working.

Written By Eirene

May 8, 2018, 4:36 p.m.(9/15/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Orazio

Thank Jayus I won't be the only person with a dumb song sung about them.

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry