Skip to main content.

Written By Vanora

March 2, 2019, 5:37 p.m.(9/2/1010 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

I've long stopped expecting much in the way of surprises from the peerage in the Isles. Yet today was a reminder that I should shake off these old experiences and begin anew. As I seem to have done with the Duchess Margot Tyde, who once could not stand me to the point where she refused to take tea with me 'now or ever' and assured me I would never be her peer.

Now we are more than peers of a sort but partners in particular efforts to see our people thrive. We understand each other in a way I never expected we possibly could. And I think I might like her, just a bit.

Written By Alarissa

June 11, 2018, 9:59 a.m.(12/19/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

Tyde Hall

Bittersweet I suppose. There was nervousness sliding into the docks. On all sides I would imagine. The last that a delegation of this size or large came, it was with intent that was not kind and to continue this peace that lays between us. But where the Duchess and Duke have no animosity, I cannot say the same for those that still remain from long ago and remember.

Ghosts haunt these halls.

Tension rules.

I forbade him to make any jokes or comments about axes, fathers or the like.

Margot as ever, was the consummate host and the bounty laid before us from the local waters left little for many to desire. Save that I can't abide seafood and the sight of raw seal sliced thin left me somewhat ill to the stomach. Her servants though, brought bread and cheese and when we eventually retired, there was tea to calm nerves. I have never been to Tyde Hall and these walls have only ever been a story to me. To walk it, to see the people who have such a mix of emotions that rise and fall beneath the surface. And yet, they served us, protected us and tended to us as if twenty years past they had not nearly all been slaughtered to man.

I am grateful for that. I hope that they can see the changed man as I do, but I understand if they cannot. I understand some of the things whispered, when they think we cannot hear.

Tyde Hall. A welcome stop in the northern lands of the isles, and a lovely home and people. Ever am I in awe and grateful for the hospitality shown there.

Written By Fredrik

May 19, 2018, 12:05 a.m.(10/8/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

From: The Desk of Lord Fredrik RedTyde
Subject : Duchess Margot

My niece...My word, it feels so odd to write that out at last, but there it is. The Duchess is my kin through my father's sister, who was her mother, although I had not laid eyes on her in many years. Did she remember my face? Did she remember me holding her in my arms as a wee infant? She was so very calm and quiet, even then, you know. I expect she does not, bit that is of no matter, for I remember.

I also remember hearing news of her as she grew in the care of people who were, until recently, my enemies. Anxiously waiting and hoping against hope. Hearing of her ascension was music to my ears, and I sacrificed an entire consignment opportunity in order to make way to the nearest shrine to give thanks.

And now she is my Duchess, and my liege. One could wonder if that is odd, being her senior in years, but it is far from it. She is every inch the calm, practical ruler that Tyde needs, but with an undercurrent of passions and interests that gives her hidden depths. No shallow and tittering noble, this one. She is precisely what I had hoped she was, and I am proud to serve her, for as long as she will have me.

Even if one of her first overtures of duty was a..Slightly difficult one to bear, as much as I completely understand and support it.

Written By Catalana

March 30, 2018, 3:56 p.m.(6/16/1008 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

At least from my window I can see the progress on this project. I'm really excited how it is coming along. I've been sneaking down of course to make sure that everything is going smoothing.

I think you're going to love it!!

Written By Luca

Nov. 25, 2017, 9:18 a.m.(8/26/1007 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

Your glow is the sort of happy light she needs right now. Thank you.

Written By Archeron

Oct. 8, 2017, 5:07 p.m.(5/12/1007 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

My cousin gave me a new bow - an old artifact - to use and look after. It is easy to forget that it was not long ago that family had a very different meaning for all of us. Still. I am glad to help Margot out however I can. While Lethe and I had each other, and our mother, Margot was alone for a long time.

Written By Alexis

Sept. 24, 2017, 7 p.m.(4/10/1007 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

At the behest of Princess Fatima, I'd gone with Duchess Margot Tyde to protect her while she went on a diplomatic mission. It was thankfully a task wherein my talents where not overly needed. I stood with Sir Tarrant Moore, and the Duchess spoke convincingly enough to gather us allies.

One man did not join us, having sworn himself beyond death to the Gyre. A young man chastised us for letting him have his way - drowning himself. Saying that now he'd belong to the Deeps forever.

I suppose I will know, if I am to serve as executioner, not to do such a thing again.

Written By Archeron

Sept. 24, 2017, 6:53 p.m.(4/10/1007 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

Home safe and sound - and with more vassals. A good piece of work cousin.

Written By Archeron

Sept. 17, 2017, 4:40 p.m.(3/24/1007 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

Margot trusted me to prepare Tydehall and I think I managed it well - smoked meat and longhouses now stand at the walls ready for refugees. Still. Margot needs to take care of herself.

Written By Archeron

Sept. 10, 2017, 4:57 p.m.(3/10/1007 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

Margot seems to have found some purpose in her mission to the forests, and is going to try to use those lessons as the Depths expand to try and bring some of the abandoned to our side. Meanwhile I have been put in charge of preparing Tydehall for the refugees by Margot. I am glad she places such faith in me - I just hope I can live up to it.

Written By Archeron

Sept. 3, 2017, 6:31 p.m.(2/21/1007 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

My cousin trusts me it seems - she made me one of her voices along with her husband. Hopefully I'll be able to live up to her trust.

Written By Victus

Sept. 1, 2017, 6:40 p.m.(2/17/1007 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

I always did say you wore the pants in the relationship. Heh. Heheh. Heheheh. Hehehe, hahaha, hahahHAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHA!

(Scribe notes that this continued for longer than he would like to record before the High Lord was asked to leave the academy for noise disruptions.)

Written By Archeron

Aug. 30, 2017, 6:30 a.m.(2/12/1007 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

Margot surprised me at the Mangata event, wading out into the water as she did. She certainly isn't shy or weak in anyway - always impressive. We have a good leader for our reborn house.

Written By Leona

Aug. 29, 2017, 12:22 a.m.(2/10/1007 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

Well now. Don't you have all kinds of sand and grit and heart, in all the right ways. Less ego than sense, and that's a damn fine thing. Tyde is lucky to have you.

Written By Gideon

April 28, 2017, 1:55 p.m.(5/11/1006 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

Childhood friend, wife to nephew. To protect.

Written By Edain

April 13, 2017, 7:01 a.m.(4/7/1006 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

I could talk at length about the brutality of the Thrax, and I feel safe in saying my feelings about them are well documented. To some extent I feel great shame that when I heard of Prince Abbas' slaughter my first reaction was a sigh of resignation and regret rather than outrage, because this is what I expect of the Thrax. But then I heard the story of Duchess Margot Tyde's victory.

She won a bloodless victory and in doing so stole forces and weapons from the Gyre and added them to her own. She showed that wit, diplomacy and guile can be more powerful than the sharpest sword. She did not just make the re-surging House Tyde stronger, but she made the Compact stronger. We are in the fight of our lives, and we are going to all be changed by what we go through in the coming days. And while we fight for our lives, we are going to do things we are not always going to be proud of.

Duchess Margot Tyde did something we can all feel a swell of pride from, and she showed us that no matter the darkness, there can be a better way. Changing is coming to Mourning Isles, and her rulers can either adapt or be swept away by the tide.

Written By Wilhem

March 25, 2017, 6:27 p.m.(2/26/1006 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

The Duchess has been entirely too kind and nice, commissioning a fine gift for me, and taking care of me since my arrival. I will have to work out something suitable for her, to return the favor in time.

Written By Dagon

Feb. 22, 2017, 12:52 p.m.(12/20/1005 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

People look at our union strangely. Why would the son of Elton Thrax, murdered by the Tyde, marry their last scion?

If they only knew what we know. I will love you, and protect you, until my last breath. Not because it is what my father would have wanted.

But because it is what I want.

Written By Calliope

Feb. 19, 2017, 5:28 p.m.(12/14/1005 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

It seems the new Duchess of Tyde more generous and gracious than I expected. She accepted my apology without reproach, and refrained from pressing her offer on me again. I do believe we may have found some common ground, some understanding. Perhaps the chance for a friendship is actually not as far as I'd thought? It remains to be seen.

Written By Darrow

Jan. 29, 2017, 8:09 p.m.(10/17/1005 AR)

Relationship Note on Margot

So far have we come since being wards under Donrai Thrax's cold, watchful gaze.

So much punishment have we endured. Our families decimated and our lives subsumed for others' purposes.

And now, she takes the reins of Tyde.

I have only my lament.

But my regret is a deep, deep thing, and as filled with resolve as the Lament is filled with ranks upon ranks of marines. The Reaper sits in the harbor, a harbinger of things to come.

Dark horizons, and dark tides. - Let them bring what they will.

Please note that the scholars may take some time preparing your journal for others to read.

Leave blank if this journal is not a relationship

Mark if this is a private, black journal entry